PDA

View Full Version : I hope it rains Lewis

Roamy
9th July 2008, 01:41
After his stunning performance I would love to see verification. Please rain at Germany even if you have to seed the clouds.

gravity
9th July 2008, 11:12
A dry race would be nice to see if Mclaren have actually made any progress towards closing the gap. If it does rain, let it be a constant drizzle so the teams aren't confused about tyre choice.
But then, who likes predictable races?

leopard
9th July 2008, 11:27
The closest prediction in an inconstant drizzle and teams got dizzy with it, teams whose aerodynamic package is perfect will fairly have benefit. The car relatively have better stability in wet, because of something related to the force of gravity.

Knock-on
9th July 2008, 14:53
A dry race would be nice to see if Mclaren have actually made any progress towards closing the gap. If it does rain, let it be a constant drizzle so the teams aren't confused about tyre choice.

I'd rather see the better drivers making an impact, not wheter McLaren have closed the gap to Ferrari.

:D

F1boat
9th July 2008, 15:32
As a Ferrari fan I do not want to see the season decided my weather and poor decisions in wet. I hope for a dry race and a red victory.

tintop
9th July 2008, 15:41
The rain races have been extremely entertaing - the great equalizer. The alternative would be Massa vs. Kimi :dozey:

trumperZ06
9th July 2008, 16:27
After his stunning performance I would love to see verification. Please rain at Germany even if you have to seed the clouds.

:D Outstanding drive by LH in adverse conditions.

;) I also thought Rubens was stunning... bringing the Honda home ahead of many cars which have proven to be faster on a dry track.

Rain is the great equalizer.

pettersolberg29
9th July 2008, 17:13
I love rain. Full-stop.

F1boat
9th July 2008, 17:31
The rain races have been extremely entertaing - the great equalizer. The alternative would be Massa vs. Kimi :dozey:

Which for me is fine ;)

tintop
9th July 2008, 22:29
Which for me is fine ;)

But dull for the rest of us - superior car wins by a minute - pole to finish, driver superfluous, kind of like 1st half of this decade.

mstillhere
10th July 2008, 02:14

Ferrari does :)

F1boat
10th July 2008, 07:30
But dull for the rest of us - superior car wins by a minute - pole to finish, driver superfluous, kind of like 1st half of this decade.

No way for the red boys to beat the Macca by a minute.

555-04Q2
10th July 2008, 11:01
I love rain. Full-stop.

Indeed :up: It provides overtaking and an interesting race :)

Ranger
10th July 2008, 12:50
Indeed :up: It provides overtaking and an interesting race :)

Definitely. Although, I'd like to see Ferrari stop shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to strategy!

veeten
10th July 2008, 13:01
and Lewis slides off the track...

Oh look, here comes a crane to help him back on the track... :p :

folks forgetting last year, aren't they? ;) :p :

wedge
10th July 2008, 14:00
and Lewis slides off the track...

Oh look, here comes a crane to help him back on the track... :p :

folks forgetting last year, aren't they? ;) :p :

Incredible how Massa survived that one.

tintop
10th July 2008, 19:30
Incredible how Massa survived that one.

Yeah when you spin badly in the wet it takes a lot of courage to go back out there - jebus, he did it like 5 times.

jens
11th July 2008, 18:25
Hmm. Ferrari fans want dry, McLaren fans want rain.

I decide my hope after qualifying, having seen the results and how "badly" rain is needed. :p : When in France Jarno was running third, the last thing I wanted to see was a rain prediction. In Britain, considering he had a wet setup, rain was the only wish. :p :