PDA

View Full Version : Tax dodgers may be paying extra for superlicense

markabilly
5th July 2008, 00:04
"Amid the argument over costly F1 superlicenses, an FIA spokesperson at Silverstone suggested that the body might instead agree to receiving a flat fee based on 15 per cent of the income of wealthy drivers living in tax exile."

And if one is not a tax exile, I gues you pay?? nothing???

Strange

Will they apply the same rule to themselves, esp to MaX who once he got his 300 million gift from bernei a few years ago, his official residence became Monte Carlo, just so not to pay??

GridGirl
5th July 2008, 18:56
I don't really see what your trying to point out here but I'm an accountant and lets just say that there are current f1 drivers as well numerous ex f1 drivers that were clients of the company I work for. If you'd have seen their tax bill's you would know why we just tell them to up sticks and go. ;)

markabilly
5th July 2008, 19:21
I don't really see what your trying to point out here but I'm an accountant and lets just say that there are current f1 drivers as well numerous ex f1 drivers that were clients of the company I work for. If you'd have seen their tax bill's you would know why we just tell them to up sticks and go. ;)

think it is strange that someone at the fia is suugesting that the FIA is going to take that which the drivers save from taxes by moving to somewhere and "tax" it for the themselves (the FIA)

Not sure how they (FIA) will be determining the drivers' income or whatever.

In any event, given that the current head of the FiA, Mr. MaX, has run off to his own tax haven, will that is an odd logic, do u not think?

ArrowsFA1
5th July 2008, 20:21
In any event, given that the current head of the FiA, Mr. MaX, has run off to his own tax haven, will that is an odd logic, do u not think?
:laugh: Good point :up:

There has been a raft of proposals from the FIA recently. Max trying to keep himself busy it seems :dozey:

Tazio
5th July 2008, 22:51
I don't think it's an odd logic! The FIA make rules, and the governed entities follow them.
Mike got rich on F1! He lives in a tax haven, and works in the industry handing out McLaren's money!
Should he have to pay now that he no longer drives in the series?

markabilly
6th July 2008, 01:04
I don't think it's an odd logic! The FIA make rules, and the governed entities follow them.
Mike got rich on F1! He lives in a tax haven, and works in the industry handing out McLaren's money!
Should he have to pay now that he no longer drives in the series?

My thought was that head of the FIA, he should not be immune from the consequences of that logic he would apply to those tax haven drivers, but now I realize that according to that article, Max is not officially making money from F1, so he should not have to pay anything...as after all, 15% of nothing is still nothing................................