PDA

View Full Version : Everyone at DEI jumping ship?

BenRoethig
4th July 2008, 16:16
Okay, not everyone. Armirola is running the the 8 car full team, but he may be the only one who stays. Mark Martin is leaving. The Army may be as well. Truex is going to be a free agent and especially after this weekend's mishap is said to have little faith in the organization. Now, jayski is reporting that John Menard is said to be talking to Jack Roush and Doug Yates about his son a ride at Yates racing. Could we be looking at the beginning of the end for this race team?

dont_be_jack
4th July 2008, 20:38
The end was when Junior left. Hell, you could possibly pinpoint the start of the end when Michael Waltrip left...

RaceFanStan
5th July 2008, 02:15
Actually I think you can trace the beginning of the end for DEI with the loss of Dale Earnhardt (Sr) !...
many things were done @ DEI that Dale Earnhardt (Sr) !would never have considered of doing ...
Teresa is a smart lady & she knows business but the driving racing spirit @ DEI was Dale Earnhardt (Sr) !

Sparky1329
5th July 2008, 05:46
Actually I think you can trace the beginning of the end for DEI with the loss of Dale Earnhardt (Sr) !...
many things were done @ DEI that Dale Earnhardt (Sr) !would never have considered of doing ...
Teresa is a smart lady & she knows business but the driving racing spirit @ DEI was Dale Earnhardt (Sr) !

Bingo! Teresa might know business. She knows nothing about racing. Without the racing side DEI is a museum. Smoke had it right all along.

Lee Roy
5th July 2008, 12:42

Agreed. All of the big successful teams have an owner who is a major presence in racing. When Dale Earnhardt died, that was the beginning of the end for that team. Mrs. Earnhardt would have been smart to have let Dale Jr. take over the majority interest in DEI and just sit back and count the money coming in.

oldhippie
5th July 2008, 16:15
teresa should sell a major partnership of dei to a driver that understands the racing end
dale jr would have been a good candidate but there are others i am sure