PDA

View Full Version : Is that a challenge I hear?!!

ArrowsFA1
4th July 2008, 08:57
A fun exchange between Lewis, Jenson & DC at the press conference:

Q. At the Reebok launch the other day you were quoted as saying you thought you were fitter than Jenson. Is that the case?
LH: I've noticed that Jenson has a bit of a belly and so... I'm only joking! I was just trying to be positive.
JB: They're called muscles.
DC: Place your bets and go win the fight.
LH: Well, you've just done some event recently. What was that?
JB: It was a triathlon.
LH: Yeah, I'm not sure whether I could do a triathlon, so I'm not going to say that I could beat him at that, but generally I work my arse off… you work your arse off to be fitter than me, and you've got to believe that you're fitter than me and the same way the other way.
JB: I do believe…
LH: Yeah, so, what I think…
JB: I must admit, I do believe.
LH: It would be good to have a challenge.
JB: I'm sure we can work something out there. If you don't like triathlons… The good thing is that you've got three different activities.
DC: Run a lap of the track.
JB: Exactly, we could try different things. I've got a triathlon on July 27th if you're interested.
LH: Where's your strongest point?
JB: Umm, all of them! And yours? We could do it for charity, I'm sure, as well. Yeah?
LH: Yeah? Well, shall we get this…
JB: We'll get DC in there as well.
LH: Yeah, get DC as well.
DC: I'll be the referee.
LH: You can be the bottle-holder.
JB: Yeah, exactly, yeah.
Q. So I think we've got the answer there: DC is going to be the referee and you two are going to do Bath, is that right?
LH: I'm not putting myself into it, I don't know. I'll probably be working or doing something else.
DC: He's throwing down a man challenge, you can't turn down a man challenge.
LH: We'll see, we'll see. We'll talk about it personally afterwards.
Questions From The Floor
Q. (Ian Stafford – The Mail on Sunday) The first question is: is this going to happen or not, guys? Come on! Yes or no?
LH: Well, me, I'm a competitor, so I'm for one to say yes, but I've got people behind me who may…
JB: What if I say £10,000 to the charity of your choice if you beat me? What do you think?
LH: Are you trying to steer me off this championship or what?
JB: It's the only thing I can be competitive in at the moment. Think about it.
LH: Yeah, I will.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68810
:laugh: :cool:

Dave B
4th July 2008, 09:07
It was, briefly, until Lewis's dad put the dampers on it :(

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43208

ArrowsFA1
4th July 2008, 09:10
You kind of see why but still...Boooooooo :down:

Knock-on
4th July 2008, 09:13
JB, "It's the only thing I can win at the moment" :laugh:

Good to see the boys getting on :D

ShiftingGears
4th July 2008, 09:13
DC: He's throwing down a man challenge, you can't turn down a man challenge.

:laugh: :laugh:

Dave B
4th July 2008, 09:14
Aye, good to see that some of the drivers at least have a sense of humour. :)

ioan
4th July 2008, 09:50
Someone should tell Lewy to keep his phrases short.
His longer ones are becoming "funny":

LH: Yeah, I'm not sure whether I could do a triathlon, so I'm not going to say that I could beat him at that, but generally I work my arse off… you work your arse off to be fitter than me, and you've got to believe that you're fitter than me and the same way the other way.

Mark
4th July 2008, 09:52
He has learned the Ronspeak well :p

jens
4th July 2008, 10:12
:laugh: :up:

Actually I have thought it would be fun to see all the F1 drivers competing at some other discipline than F1 to see, who is the best sportsman. Why not for example decathlon? ;)

gravity
4th July 2008, 10:41
Wasn't there a cycle challenge between the drivers, around Hockenheim, quite a long time ago though. DH and MS were under the spotlight in that little race.

ioan
4th July 2008, 11:00
He has learned the Ronspeak well :p

Yep, it's all about talking a lot without actually saying anything! ;)

aryan
4th July 2008, 11:07
Boooooooo Mr. Hamilton. Surely a triathlon race will not damage your kid's chances.

Anyway, good to see that left to themselves, these kids still have a bit of flare in them.

To all of us who are mourning the straight talk of older generation of drivers... this was a moment to enjoy.

markabilly
4th July 2008, 15:01
Boooooooo Mr. Hamilton. Surely a triathlon race will not damage your kid's chances.

Anyway, good to see that left to themselves, these kids still have a bit of flare in them.

To all of us who are mourning the straight talk of older generation of drivers... this was a moment to enjoy.
But then the managers step in.....in this case, no doubt the manager being a mind reader of RD.....to quash the idea.....forgetting not the lesson of JPM and his little "accident"