PDA

View Full Version : Window Cleaners

slinkster
3rd July 2008, 14:06
I'm currently hiding from mine. Does anyone else do this?

I was just about to sit down and eat my dinner in front of the TV, watch a bit of Wimbledon... and then a thumping big ladder smacks against the window closely followed by a grimey, sweaty, bald bloke grinning at me.

So I've escaped in here for a while. I just hate being watched in my own house! I even had one once try and have a conversation with me while I was eating! Very friendly and all... but no thanks.

We have a lot of windows on all sides of our second story flat so I'll be spending a few minutes in each room to avoid being watched. It must be what it feels like to be in a zoo.

schmenke
3rd July 2008, 15:10
Hey look, it's a Slinky! Throw her a peanut!

:D

Dave B
3rd July 2008, 15:10
Could have been worse: at least you weren't, erm, entertaining!

The one we used to have at work had the worst B.O. I've ever encountered. We don't have one at home: I do the downstairs windows myself and the ones upstairs have a decade's worth of crap on them. Outside, at least...

slinkster
3rd July 2008, 15:13
Hey look, it's a Slinky! Throw her a peanut!

:D

chocolate covered I hope! :D

jim mcglinchey
3rd July 2008, 16:08
If you want the bleeding things done properly youve to do them yourself, wet chamois then polished with a dry scrim, Id to fire our windowcleaner because you wouldnt see him for months and as soon as I tired of waiting and did them myself, he'd turn up and re-clean them.

Hazell B
5th July 2008, 20:17
One of my neighbours is a window cleaner. He's somehow managed to make it highly profitable (I know his share buying partner and they're holding a good portfolio) yet is really shy.

Expect if he saw somebody indoors, he'd come back later rather than face them. He claims to have never seen a naked customer, but me and his wife aren't buying that bull :p :

veeten
5th July 2008, 22:02
Windex, /w Ammonia-D

;) :p :

gadjo_dilo
7th July 2008, 08:00
I work at the last floor of a six storey building. As you may see from the picture (http://discutii.mfinante.ro/static/10/Mfp/mare_com2iulie2.jpg ), in front of the windows there is a platform where you may even take a walk. My office is on the other side where the platform is even larger ( about 3 metres ) and sometimes guys from maintenance displace there. Problem is that even toilets have this "accesory " and these guys surprised a few colleagues with knickers down

ioan
7th July 2008, 09:48
I work at the last floor of a six storey building. As you may see from the picture (http://discutii.mfinante.ro/static/10/Mfp/mare_com2iulie2.jpg ), in front of the windows there is a platform where you may even take a walk. My office is on the other side where the platform is even larger ( about 3 metres ) and sometimes guys from maintenance displace there. Problem is that even toilets have this "accesory " and these guys surprised a few colleagues with knickers down

Now I see why you have time to post here during work time! :mad:

:p :

gadjo_dilo
7th July 2008, 10:04
Now I see why you have time to post here during work time! :mad:
:p :

Old joke, that had been smoked a long time ago.
You'd better notice how efficient I am, doing well a hard work and attending the forum at the same time. :laugh:

leopard
7th July 2008, 10:42
I guess the seat near at the window is a benefit to easily visit forum besides ability of working efficiently. ;)

schmenke
7th July 2008, 18:18
... He claims to have never seen a naked customer, but me and his wife aren't buying that bull :p :

I was once spied by a window cleaner as I was emerging from the shower... He shouted to me "I can clearly see you're nuts."

Apologies... :rolleyes:

Hazell B
9th July 2008, 20:30
Schmenke, I'll tell my neighbour Lenny that one :up:

leopard
11th July 2008, 08:24
If they spied when you were emerging from cold water shower, it would be great embarrassment, in the cold anything usually gets shriveled :o