PDA

View Full Version : My new ride + Laguna anyone?

SEAN-B.
24th June 2008, 17:05
Hello all! I haven't really been posting or even visiting the forum here in sometime.Due to NASCARS's rising popularity here in the states they(SPEED/FOX) didn't even show any BTCC,WTCC or JGTC(or whatever it's called now) over this last winter break season like they normally do.I was P.O.'ed to say the least!Plus with the merger or swallowing of the CHAMP series by the IRL series it has been kind of bleak on this side of the pond IMO.I do think the merger needed to happen for all kinds of reasons I won't go into here.But I did take the plunge into the two wheel category by purchashing my first street bike,a '08 SV650 naked!HERE:

This is a cell phone pic the day after I brought her home.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/seanjohnirish/anotherSV650picoffofmycellphone.jpg

This is after I've spilled her already(a month into owning her) and bought new pieces to replace the left footpeg and barend slider.I painted some pieces black as well.Hopefully these pics come through.Like I said I haven't posted on here in a while.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/seanjohnirish/014.jpg

SEAN-B.
24th June 2008, 17:07
P.S.:I've been recovering from the fall I took with a broken left arm at my wrist and plan on still riding to Laguna Seca for MotoGP next month.Anybody in my area that can meet up,let me know.

SEAN-B.
24th June 2008, 19:00
DOH! Speaking of Laguna,I can hear the AMA guys doing their test riding out there right now from where I live!I just might have to take the car out there to check it out this afternon.Oh the sweet sound of their engines is music to my ears!

T-D
24th June 2008, 20:16
beautiful bike. i wanted one, but i decided to own a home instead. *sigh*

get well soon.

NinjaMaster
25th June 2008, 08:55
That's awesome Sean. Sorry to hear about your spill but I guess these things happen. Still a bugger though. Hope you mend up quickly and have a ball at the MotoGP at Laguna. Should be a top race. :up:

leopard
25th June 2008, 11:00
This is a cell phone pic the day after I brought her home.

Congrats on the new cell phone ;)

Nice bike :)

maxu05
25th June 2008, 11:48
If it doesn't have Kawasaki on the tank, it's a girls bike :p : Only joking, nice bike Sean, hope you have a great time at Laguna. We expect a full report mate.

jim mcglinchey
25th June 2008, 13:08
In the top photo its almost identical to my 650 Bandit, apart from the LED tailights, and seat hump and black swing arm, and aluminium frame, and polished radiator trim....nice bike but a V-twin should have two silencers. Dont know what Suzook are thinking of.

maxu05
25th June 2008, 15:47
In the top photo its almost identical to my 650 Bandit, apart from the LED tailights, and seat hump and black swing arm, and aluminium frame, and polished radiator trim....nice bike but a V-twin should have two silencers. Dont know what Suzook are thinking of.

Show us some pics of the bandit Jim. I always like to see what other members are riding. I posted some pics of my machine back in 2006, (50cc scoot, is all I am allowed to ride over here). I will head back to OZ in the next couple of months, and intend buying a ZZR1100, or similar, can't wait.

jim mcglinchey
25th June 2008, 22:10
That was a major IT acheivement getting a photo attached!

See what I mean about them looking the same bar a few details.

maxu05
25th June 2008, 22:56
I can see that they look similar. Nice ride mate :up:

MrJan
26th June 2008, 11:40
One of my mates has a SV650 and absolutely loves it apart from the look of the rear. as shown in Sean's pic. It's a bit the worse for wear now as he got knocked off it by some daft bint last week. It now has a bent sub-frame so hopefully the woman's insurance will pay out. What insurance money won't solve is the broken wrist he suffered and the damage to tendons which probably means an operation and a few weeks off the bike.

Still it could have been worse I spose.

Oh and John I vaguely remember pictures of your scooter, what a fine beast it was :D