PDA

View Full Version : ABC/ESPN camerawork

NickFalzone
22nd June 2008, 18:39
2nd week in a row they just have no footage of a wreck (Ed Carpenter early in Iowa). WTF? Carpenter was running in the middle of the pack, you're telling me they don't have a camera covering that? Try getting a couple wide-angle lenses ABC, this is embarrassing. I don't recall this happening in any race broadcasts in the last few years, except for on ABC.

Mad_Hatter
22nd June 2008, 20:11
I didn't too much mind that, but ABC needs to get it together. The commercial that says we're watching waiting for someone to wipeout is extremely out of place. Especially on a weekend when Scott Kalitta has lost his life in a racing accident.

harvick#1
22nd June 2008, 20:16
yes, that wipeout commercial has to go. only idiots watch racing to see wrecks. I hate how ABC has that commercial, they try and act like all wrecks are exciting to watch, while here I am very nervous the driver gets out everytime and then try to evalute what happened. its a slap in the face to all race fans who love racing and never want to see a driver get injured

I agree with you Nick, its only a 3/4 mile track, how is it so hard to get cameras around the whole track, its not like Indy, long superspeedway, or a Road Course.

NickFalzone
22nd June 2008, 20:23
First of all, I do not watch racing for the wrecks. I like close racing, good competition, and seeing my favorite drivers win. But wrecks are part of the race and ABC needs to get more cameras at the track or something. You never miss an accident in a NASCAR race, or a tight pass, etc. ABC's got their guys watching the front of the pack, and if you know anything about racing you know that's not where all the action is.

!!WALDO!!
22nd June 2008, 20:31
I agree with you Nick, its only a 3/4 mile track, how is it so hard to get cameras around the whole track, its not like Indy, long superspeedway, or a Road Course.

9/10th

dataman1
23rd June 2008, 21:50
Somebody got Ed's wreck on tape because they showed it in the highlights on the Indy NBC affiliate this morning. I have not seen the DVR recorded race yet.