PDA

View Full Version : **Official French GP** Magny-Cours

gloomyDAY
17th June 2008, 19:35
I woke up around 5 a.m. to catch the race last year and then went back to bed because it was boring. I hope it's not another parade procession like last year.

Anyway, Ferrari get my nod for top honors and finish 1-2.

Lewis has a shot at points, but his bid for a podium is inconceivable.
Kubica may be the only challenger to get the third spot. Who knows?

Tazio
17th June 2008, 20:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYbEPZVVIA

pettersolberg29
17th June 2008, 21:04
Any chance of rain?

Robinho
17th June 2008, 21:35
its been unsettled accross north europe for a few weeks - see Euro 2008, Le Mans and outside my window - i'd say in my uninformed opinion there is a decent chance of rain - probably as realistic as the FIA's weather predictions!

52Paddy
17th June 2008, 22:35
Since being a fan of formula 1 [2001-2008, skipping 2007], a great race at Magny Cours doesn't stick in my memory and, if the weather is good, I'm never hopeful of an exciting race. Having said that, Micheal Schumacher used to win here often and, with him out of the picture, it may yet prove interesting. A wet race would be a great bonus though.

My bets are on Kimi to win with Massa in 3rd behind Hamilton. I didn't look up Hamilton's record here but he appears an adaptable driver.

Tazio
17th June 2008, 23:28
Since being a fan of formula 1 [2001-2008, skipping 2007], a great race at Magny Cours doesn't stick in my memory and, if the weather is good, I'm never hopeful of an exciting race. Having said that, Micheal Schumacher used to win here often and, with him out of the picture, it may yet prove interesting. A wet race would be a great bonus though.

My bets are on Kimi to win with Massa in 3rd behind Hamilton. I didn't look up Hamilton's record here but he appears an adaptable driver. I rate the 2004 French Grand Prix as one of the most exciting of this millennium!

gloomyDAY
18th June 2008, 00:58
My bets are on Kimi to win with Massa in 3rd behind Hamilton. I didn't look up Hamilton's record here but he appears an adaptable driver.You know Hamilton has a 10 grid penalty, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYbEPZVVIA
Jesus Taz! How many times are you going to post that crap?

Tazio
18th June 2008, 01:21
You know Hamilton has a 10 grid penalty, right?

Jesus Taz! How many times are you going to post that crap?Well??????
Courtesy of you once more than I was planing on
Shhhhhhhhhh! I might be an operative for the Franco-Mafia :p :

jens
18th June 2008, 02:31
After some very eventful races Magny-Cours seems like a place, where we could finally get a 'normal race', which would indicate, at which level anyone among teams and drivers really stand. Monaco and Canada were really different kind of circuits and the conditions really mixed the field.

But in France everyone must perform, there are no more excuses.
Ferrari has arguably the best car - they can't afford throwing points away any more. The drivers need a 1-2 like last year to regain confidence. With Hamilton's penalty this looks possible.
BMW has achieved some good results in the last two races, but their pace before that in Spain and Turkey wasn't quite encouraging. Can BMW stay among top contenders in "normal" races?
Can Heikki finally get rid of his bad luck?
Can DC prove that Montreal wasn't a one-off. History has shown that Magny-Cours has been among DC's strongest circuits, so he can't have any more excuses there.
It's about time for the rookies to prove their worth, especially Piquet Jr. The season is already almost at its half-point and Magny-Cours is a circuit, which should be familiar for drivers, who have reached F1 through European series. I can understand someone like Marco Andretti (if he joins next year) moaning about lack of experience, but Glock, Piquet Jr and Nakajima should all perform. There are no more excuses. Who hasn't been performing so far, must start performing now, we can forgive Monaco (tough conditions) and Montreal (unknown circuit), but not Magny-Cours. Last year Heikki started performing since Indy. Actually I'm quite confident about Timo as in recent GP weekends he has already shown comparable laptimes against Jarno - I just hope he has found some consistency by now too. Not so sure about Kaz, who despite having collected an acceptable amount of points, has seemed to be lacking of speed especially in qualifying trim. And Jr must put in a qualifying performance like he did at Barcelona compared to Fernando - also try not to run off the road in the race.

Also considering how many driver errors we have seen so far this year (I don't think there has been a single race, where no-one has made a serious misjudgement), it makes me wonder, who will crash this time. Adelaide hairpin - Lap1 - perfect place for chaos. Who will try a banzai? :p :

Ranger
18th June 2008, 02:50
Since being a fan of formula 1 [2001-2008, skipping 2007], a great race at Magny Cours doesn't stick in my memory and, if the weather is good, I'm never hopeful of an exciting race.

See the 1999 race on Youtube - the whole race was on there last week. It was IMO one of the better races of the past 10 years. :up:

Should be interesting if it is not a Ferrari walk in the park. It shall be interesting to see if Hamilton can get some decent points starting from (at very best) 11th on the grid.

IMO there have been 3 very interesting races this year (Australia, Monaco, Canada), so hopefully France will also be good. Any rain may help.

aryan
19th June 2008, 07:16
Jesus Taz! How many times are you going to post that crap?

Off topic maybe, but crap? It's one of the most iconic and symbolic moment in world cinema, why would you call it crap?

gloomyDAY
20th June 2008, 02:52
I need to rise and shine for tomorrow's practice, but I'd rather not.

Razzle dazzle!

Off topic maybe, but crap? It's one of the most iconic and symbolic moment in world cinema, why would you call it crap?Relax. Do you realize how many times Tazio has posted this video?

It stopped being funny about 16655369898789611 times ago!

Tazio
20th June 2008, 03:38
I need to rise and shine for tomorrow's practice, but I'd rather not.

Razzle dazzle!

Relax. Do you realize how many times Tazio has posted this video?

It stopped being funny about 16655369898789611 times ago!
It's not crap man! Don't make me post it again dude :p :

ioan
20th June 2008, 09:23
What video? :confused:

:p :

ioan
20th June 2008, 11:08
No rain forecast for this week end.

Free practice 1 is over and it's business like usual with Ferrari, McLiars and BMW.

ArrowsFA1
20th June 2008, 11:39
Free practice 1 is over and it's business like usual with Ferrari, McLiars and BMW.
Where did the McHappy meals come? :crazy: :p

SGWilko
20th June 2008, 12:18
No rain forecast for this week end.

Oooh, a new team? Competetive out the box. Now that is magic... :p :

ioan
20th June 2008, 15:18
Oooh, a new team? Competetive out the box. Now that is magic... :p :

Can't be difficult when you copy a competitive cars secrets! :D

harvick#1
20th June 2008, 17:27
very fast times from Vettel again, its great to see him push the STR to the max. if rain hits, could we have another first time winner.

W8&C
20th June 2008, 18:33
Can't be difficult when you copy a competitive cars secrets! :D ...why isn´t Renault on top then? Especially when you consider the extra 0.6 sec Alonso contributes to every team?

:D

djparky
20th June 2008, 18:49
I'd stay in bed- it will be another Magny Bore yawn fest- almost without exception they always are- 1999 and 1992 being the rare exceptions.

dreadful track and I won't miss it when they move on somewhere else

Tazio
20th June 2008, 19:43
...why isn´t Renault on top then? Especially when you consider the extra 0.6 sec Alonso contributes to every team?

MAGNY-COURS, France (AFP) - Twice world champion Spaniard Fernando Alonso clocked the fastest time in Friday's practice for Sunday's French Grand Prix

What was the question again?

aryan
20th June 2008, 23:00
...why isn´t Renault on top then? Especially when you consider the extra 0.6 sec Alonso contributes to every team?

Yeah, when you think about it, without that 0.6 Alonso brought them, they would be lapping behind Force India!

Poor Renault. :D

Tazio
21st June 2008, 11:01
http://www.f1technical.net/news/9523

Kimi Raikkonen, the reigning world champion has received a 5000 euro fine for arriving late at Friday's officially scheduled driver meeting. The offence is a breach of Article 37.1 of the 2008 FIA Sporting Regulations

The cost of taking a sh!t has gone up :p :

SGWilko
21st June 2008, 11:07
The cost of taking a sh!t has gone up :p :

Well, I bet that wasn't a 'single wipe job' :laugh:

ioan
21st June 2008, 11:14
P3 is over, with no less than 18 drivers covered by 0.93 seconds!

And Piquet was on top of the timing sheets!

Tazio
21st June 2008, 11:17
Yea! But even if he was using 100 dollar bills, worst case senario $2,500 ;)

Easy Drifter
21st June 2008, 11:45
Taz: We have to get to the bottom of this!!!

Tazio
21st June 2008, 11:59
Not so sure I need to know! He might have been hurling from drinking some bad "shine" !

ioan
21st June 2008, 14:03
Qualifying is over, all Ferrari front row!
Lewy will start 13th and will have to pray not to be out of the race when they reach Adelaide corner! :D
BMW are in terrible form, Heidfeld just missed Q1 with Kubica only managing to get 10th in Q2.

jens
21st June 2008, 14:30
Wuohoo!!! Forza Jarno!! :cool: It looks like Montreal was a one-off (in terms of speed, not points :p : ) for Toyota. On so-called traditional circuits they are still doing well. The loss in Q2 (0.321s) is very encouraging. The loss hasn't been that little for some time. I hope Jarno doesn't try a banzai at Adelaide hairpin like last year and if the car is reliable, good points should be possible. Great performance to commemorate Ove Andersson. :up: Timo is probably on a heavier fuel load.

Ferrari - the team to beat as expected. Is Massa one lap heavier? He was quicker in Q1 and Q2.

McLaren the second quickest in the hands of Hamilton, but they have hardly any advantage over others. Kovalainen again struggling...

Alonso quick as expected. Like it has been said, Magny is a very important GP for Piquet. Well, he looked a bit better than Alonso, but still clearly beaten by the Spaniard.

Red Bulls there, where expected. DC quick at Magny-Cours as expected.

BMW. :down: WTF? Heidfeld was struggling even in Q1 for quite long in P18. If we leave out the specific circuits of Monaco and Montreal, then BMW has been moving backwards as we already saw in Spain and Turkey. Is Ron Dennis really right about their struggle in development?

STR3, which is basically a RB4, is finally showing some pace.

I didn't expect much from Williams anyway, they have struggled on aero circuits. Williams's main chances during the rest of the season are the two street circuits that are still to come.

Honda has stopped upgrading the car? So will they be a Q1 team for the rest of the season?

Force India 2 seconds slower than the fastest time as usual, but in tight competition like that they have no chance as usual. Fisi narrowly beating Sutil this time.

Eki
21st June 2008, 16:39
AAAAAAA! Räikkönen on kyllä hyvä!

ioan
21st June 2008, 17:00
AAAAAAA! Räikkönen on kyllä hyvä!

English please!
I know you didn't post for some time, however pick yourself together. :p :

truefan72
21st June 2008, 18:52
5 grid penalty for Kovaleinen for "impeding" Webber's lap

Turning out to be a tough start for McLaren

Ferrari's look unbeatable

BMW look like they took 2 steps back

Torro Rosso's finally look competitive.

Toyota's are in form

should be a good race tomorrow

jens
21st June 2008, 18:58
Hah, this is amazing, how always something (negative) happens to Kova.

As in front the race will probably be boring with Ferraris disappearing into the distance, then the fight for P3 could be quite interesting. As the drivers of the other two top teams are not in a good position, then also Alonso and Trulli may have some podium outlooks. So the battle is wide-open.

I made one more team-mate comparison, showing the gaps between the best times shown during that 1-hour qualifying. It once again indicates, how similarly levelled the drivers of modern F1 are.

JB - RB = 0.024
RK - NH = 0.063
GF - AS = 0.081
FM - KR = 0.109
NR - KN = 0.158
MW - DC = 0.166
JT - TG = 0.196
SV - SB = 0.229
FA - NP = 0.287
LH - HK = 0.346

Interesting note is that the gap between Robert and Nick is reducing, which seems to indicate that Nick is gradually getting over his woes. Already Canadian qualifying showed signs of progress.

VkmSpouge
21st June 2008, 20:29
Ferrari are in a very strong position for tomorrow's race with their main rivals McLaren having shot themselves in both feet and their next closest rivals, BMW Sauber coming back to Earth with a bump.

Tazio
21st June 2008, 21:12
5 grid penalty for Kovaleinen for "impeding" Webber's lap

Turning out to be a tough start for McLaren

BMW look like they took 2 steps back

Ya' awl boys are in a heap a trouble :p :

Valve Bounce
21st June 2008, 23:36
English please!
I know you didn't post for some time, however pick yourself together. :p :

Yeah!! he shouldn't cross his chickens before he burns his bridges. :D

truefan72
21st June 2008, 23:44
Ya' awl boys are in a heap a trouble :p :

:) yep!

Ranger
21st June 2008, 23:48
So this shall be the starting order:

1. Raikkonen
2. Massa
3. Alonso
4. Trulli
5. Kubica
6. Webber
7. Coulthard
8. Glock
9. Piquet
10. Heidfeld
11. Kovalainen
12. Vettel
13. Hamilton
14. Bourdais
15. Nakajima
16. Button
17. Barrichello
18. Fisichella
19. Sutil
20. Rosberg

It'll take something strange to stop a Ferrari 1-2 here.

gloomyDAY
22nd June 2008, 01:22
Honda really took a dump in qualifying.

Apparently, the focus is on 2009 rather than wasting anymore resources on this year's debacle.

gravity
22nd June 2008, 02:10
Go FA! Wow.
I wonder how many other drivers in the field could develop a car that fast to suddenly go from a medium/slow team to, what now, looks like a competitive package.
How many laps fuel did he put in? I'd laugh if it was less than 10.

ShiftingGears
22nd June 2008, 03:13
Rain?

Tazio
22nd June 2008, 03:30
Heikki is in the perfect position to plow-the-field for Lewis!

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 04:31
so knowing hamilton will get the 10 grid demotion.. did they go super light fuel load to overtake the majority of the field in the beginning laps? will he do another 3 stopper? anybody?

Hawkmoon
22nd June 2008, 05:02
so knowing hamilton will get the 10 grid demotion.. did they go super light fuel load to overtake the majority of the field in the beginning laps? will he do another 3 stopper? anybody?

ITV seemed to think that Hamilton was three stopping. If you're going to do it then this is the place, so I think McLaren may as well try it.

Kovalainen's penalty actually helps Hamilton as McLaren can move him out of the way early in the race leaving Hamilton with one less car to deal with when he needs to be quick to make his strategy work.

Because BMW are out of sorts I think 3rd isn't out of reach for Hamilton.

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 06:14
ITV seemed to think that Hamilton was three stopping. If you're going to do it then this is the place, so I think McLaren may as well try it.

Kovalainen's penalty actually helps Hamilton as McLaren can move him out of the way early in the race leaving Hamilton with one less car to deal with when he needs to be quick to make his strategy work.

Because BMW are out of sorts I think 3rd isn't out of reach for Hamilton.

yeap wouldnt shock me as well if he gets podium. we know there will be cars moving out of his way for him..thanks for the info hawk!

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 06:20
just realized if hamilton is light on fuel and he couldnt beat the ferraris... ferrai is seriously going to runaway with this, great for kimi!

Tazio
22nd June 2008, 09:23
we know there will be cars moving out of his way for him..Did you say cars? As in someone other than Heikki moving over for him?
No one driving in that race who's car isn't pewter, and red will be getting out
of his way, unless he is lapping them.
True dat!

Ghostwalker
22nd June 2008, 09:43
i'm watching the gp2 race now and it have started to rain again.

gravity
22nd June 2008, 09:54
Wait 'till he gets up behind Alonso...
Hope the pit crew have a new front wing ready

Valve Bounce
22nd June 2008, 09:57

I heard during quals that McLaren's computer simulation showed a three stop strategy was the quickest at this track. Now!! when Lewis comes in for that 1st pit stop is another issue - does he go light and risk being held up by quite a few stubborn guys in front of him, or does he go long on that first stint, and risk running and being held up by the monkeys?

ShiftingGears
22nd June 2008, 10:10
Magny Cours doesnt favour those with the fewest pit-stops. So I think the light fuel will work for Lewis.

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 12:04
Did you say cars? As in someone other than Heikki moving over for him?
No one driving in that race who's car isn't pewter, and red will be getting out
of his way, unless he is lapping them.
True dat!

i'll bet his jumping buddy nico rosberg will move out the way.. and he will giggle about it afterwards :)

Ranger
22nd June 2008, 12:07
It is officially raining at Magny-Cours, 45 minutes from race start!

F1boat
22nd June 2008, 12:07
3 stopper will be interesting, but risky. I think that it it is dry, Ferrari will win, If it is wet, it's a lottery.

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 12:09
I heard during quals that McLaren's computer simulation showed a three stop strategy was the quickest at this track. Now!! when Lewis comes in for that 1st pit stop is another issue - does he go light and risk being held up by quite a few stubborn guys in front of him, or does he go long on that first stint, and risk running and being held up by the monkeys?

interesting... i say looking at his temperment... he'd probably would want to go light? i guess we will see.

any chance the ferraris might be on a 3 stopper as well? i forgot how many was the norm for this track.

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 12:10
ok anybody in the US know what freakin channel the gp is on and at what time?

Ranger
22nd June 2008, 12:13
ok anybody in the US know what freakin channel the gp is on and at what time?

I read it's on tape-delay on FOX. Don't quote me though.

Hope that helps. :up:

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 12:16
I read it's on tape-delay on FOX. Don't quote me though.

Hope that helps. :up:

rats.. i thought they might do a live one but that sounds about right...
i hate FOX.
thanks mallen!

Tazio
22nd June 2008, 12:19
i'll bet his jumping buddy nico rosberg will move out the way.. and he will giggle about it afterwards :) Hamilton is starting 4 places ahead of Nico! Not that I think Nico would punk out Williams, but He shouldn't be a factor.

ten-tenths
22nd June 2008, 12:22
Hamilton is starting 4 places ahead of Nico! Not that I think Nico would punk out Williams, but He shouldn't be a factor.

oops my bad.. :)

AndySpeed
22nd June 2008, 14:03
Kimi's car has more in common with a Marlboro cigarette this afternoon...

herra47
22nd June 2008, 14:32
Should Kimi have been black flagged? I think he will be disqualifed.

The pipe could have hit someone..

Norwegian Blue
22nd June 2008, 14:32
When was Toyotas last podium?

ioan
22nd June 2008, 14:33
Good drive from Kimi in spite of those exhaust problems.

Ferrari should get their act together and check the manufacturing process better.

Ent
22nd June 2008, 14:34
When was Toyotas last podium?

Spain 2005.

ioan
22nd June 2008, 14:35

No he shouldn't have been, and no he won't be disqualified.

The question is why didn't the team remove the pipe during his last pit stop?!
They are doing something stupid in each race.

ioan
22nd June 2008, 14:36
Where's Lewy?! :D

Ghostwalker
22nd June 2008, 14:45
Should Kimi have been black flagged?
Possible since it did hang loose for quite a while.

I think he will be disqualifed.

Probably not. If the the FIA Referees had thought that it was a violation of the rules Kimi would have been black flagged already during the race.

yodasarmpit
22nd June 2008, 14:52
Nowhere, he had an absolute horror of a race, in fact even despite the penalties he just drove badly today.

Tazio
22nd June 2008, 15:01
Felipe Massa! From the Outhouse, to the Penthouse!

VkmSpouge
22nd June 2008, 15:13
A relatively interesting French Grand Prix and hopefully the last at Magny-Cours (I swear I said that last part twelve months ago). Kimi Raikkonen unlucky to have the exhaust problem, fascinating to see the shot of the hole the gasses burnt through the car, seeing all those layers of burnt and melted carbon fibre, very interesting. Massa took a good victory and goes top of the championship. Jarno Trulli put in the drive of the day to take 3rd place. Renault compromised Alonso's race by going for home qualifying glory and that mistake at the end help Piquet Jr. finally get in a good result.

harvick#1
22nd June 2008, 15:20

exactly, I thought he was going to win and lap everyone, because he does have the best car on the grid every race :p :

ioan
22nd June 2008, 15:21
Nowhere, he had an absolute horror of a race, in fact even despite the penalties he just drove badly today.

Just goes to show that while Felipe can drive from the back to 5th Lewy can't do it!

He needed a good correction, he's got it!

Garry Walker
22nd June 2008, 15:27
Congrats to Massa, but today should have been Kimis day.
good to see toyota on podium.
Hamilton :rotflmao:

jens
22nd June 2008, 17:05
Wuohooo!! Absolutely fantastic!!!!! Forza Jarno!!! :bounce: :hot: Trulli showed once again that he is one of the best position defenders in F1 - wonderful blocking at the start and in the end! The race was really tough, especially with all those rain predictions. Especially when 15 laps before the end it began to rain! I was worried that maybe Toy will make a wrong strategical choice again and call drivers in for wets, but this time they acted properly! In the rain Jarno was struggling a bit at one moment as Kova and Kubica closed rapidly. The duel in the end reminded French GP in 2004, when Jarno lost podium on the last lap, but this time he controlled the race perfectly! First podium for Jarno since... Spain 2005. After a long time such a great result for him! :D Toyota's starts were incredible, especially as they were done from the dirtier side.

Toyota finished in P3 on merit! Except for Ferrari all the other teams were beaten! Thank you Jarno and Toyota for a great performance and great upgrades/improvements for this weekend. :) Toyota seemed to be dropping backwards in previous weekends, but they've fought back! Ove Andersson would sure be proud!

A shame that Timo finished so far off the points. In terms of time he actually wasn't that much behind JT, but the gaps after P3 were so small...

Btw, in reply to someone's previous post - Toyota's last podium was Australia 2006. It's so long time ago that I already started doubting whether Toyota will ever finish on podium again. :p :

markabilly
22nd June 2008, 17:31
No he shouldn't have been, and no he won't be disqualified.

The question is why didn't the team remove the pipe during his last pit stop?!
They are doing something stupid in each race.
Unless the car fails the weight check.....tail pipe and the other stuff might not be much, but given how close to the limit, well......??????????

gravity
22nd June 2008, 17:48
What is the ruling on the weight check? If the car started the race within the limits, and lost a part due to accident/failure, would they be penalised? If they fail the weight check by the mass of the lost exhaust part, surely they will be allowed to keep the result? Especially if it's obviously not an attempt by the team/driver to cheat.

On the other hand, if Ferrari were penalised for being under minimum weight due to the lost part (which could hardly weigh 1kg at most), then they should be applauded for pushing that close to the limits in every other race that they pass inspection!

ioan
22nd June 2008, 17:50
What is the ruling on the weight check? If the car started the race within the limits, and lost a part due to accident/failure, would they be penalised?

I think they would not be penalized in this case. This may also be the reason why the mechanics didn't remove the pipe during the pit stop.

ioan
22nd June 2008, 17:51
Unless the car fails the weight check.....tail pipe and the other stuff might not be much, but given how close to the limit, well......??????????

If he picked up enough marbles on his parade lap than there is nothing to be afraid of! ;)

gravity
22nd June 2008, 21:39
After reading through the FIA rules concerning this, Raikkonen should be safe...

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127794&page=5

Any competitor failing to meet the minimum weight may lose their qualifying times or be excluded from the race results unless this is due to the accidental loss of part of the car.

SGWilko
23rd June 2008, 09:59

There will be no black flag for Kimi, despite the possibility of the flailing exhaust falling off and the potential for it to hit the car behind (as happened with Berger and Alesi when Alesi's camera fell off way back when). Also, despite all the burned away bodywork and the now missing exhaust, the car will miraculously pass scrutineering.

Then, Trulli very forcefully barges a McLaren out of the way, but no fecker bats an eyelid.

Is it just me, or is it really quite easy to come to the conclusion that McLaren are, in fact, not being allowed a fair shot at the 2008 championships?

Let us not forget that Kimi made one of his qually laps by going off circuit, but that was fine.

Yes, I am being very cynical, but this is really starting to yank my chain. I need to pick my self together, and stop marching fowl over bridges that are on fire..... ;)

ioan
23rd June 2008, 10:25
There will be no black flag for Kimi, despite the possibility of the flailing exhaust falling off and the potential for it to hit the car behind (as happened with Berger and Alesi when Alesi's camera fell off way back when). Also, despite all the burned away bodywork and the now missing exhaust, the car will miraculously pass scrutineering.

Yeah, they probably burned the bodywork on purpose. :rolleyes:

Then, Trulli very forcefully barges a McLaren out of the way, but no fecker bats an eyelid.

Racing for position?!
What about Lewy forcefully barging Alonso in the same race? I suppose you didn't see that one! :p :

Is it just me, or is it really quite easy to come to the conclusion that McLaren are, in fact, not being allowed a fair shot at the 2008 championships?

Yeah it's just you, even the team denied such claims. :rolleyes:

Let us not forget that Kimi made one of his qually laps by going off circuit, but that was fine.

And therefore he did another try even if his previous time was enough to get him in the next phase.

Yes, I am being very cynical, but this is really starting to yank my chain. I need to pick my self together, and stop marching fowl over bridges that are on fire..... ;)

You could simply consider the facts before jumping to conclusions, it might give you some satisfaction.

ArrowsFA1
23rd June 2008, 10:28
Well Max did want them excluded for two years :p

SGWilko
23rd June 2008, 11:54
Yeah, they probably burned the bodywork on purpose. :rolleyes:

They are not that silly, are they?

Racing for position?!
What about Lewy forcefully barging Alonso in the same race? I suppose you didn't see that one! :p : I did not see any contact - you got a you tube link?

Yeah it's just you, even the team denied such claims. :rolleyes: You understand what cynical means then?

And therefore he did another try even if his previous time was enough to get him in the next phase.

You could simply consider the facts before jumping to conclusions, it might give you some satisfaction.
Not a fan of the 'Stones.

SGWilko
23rd June 2008, 11:58

The thought crossed my mind. :)

ioan
23rd June 2008, 12:07
I did not see any contact - you got a you tube link?

No, but I bet you can find one if you try hard enough! ;)

Not a fan of the 'Stones.

You mean not a fan of reality! It must be hard to live that way. :p :

SGWilko
23rd June 2008, 12:09
No, but I bet you can find one if you try hard enough! ;)

You mean not a fan of reality! It must be hard to live that way. :p :

Funnily enough, there is a clip, you try and view it if you think it is so easy big boy.

gravity
23rd June 2008, 12:23
If Kimi had not completed another timed lap, would he have received a penalty? Was there a "car under investigation" board for his infringement? Normally, if a driver misses a chicane/cuts a curb, they back off and either return to pits or start another timed lap. Kimi hardly looked like he was backing down from his lap. Looked to me like he thought it would still be a legit timed lap.

If the roles were reversed and another car had the flailing exhaust, I think they would have been given the meatball. Esp if they were challenging a Ferrari. Followed by a 10 place penalty for car not meeting FIA post race regulations. And prob a 2 race ban if it was McLaren.

ioan
23rd June 2008, 13:50
If Kimi had not completed another timed lap, would he have received a penalty? Was there a "car under investigation" board for his infringement? Normally, if a driver misses a chicane/cuts a curb, they back off and either return to pits or start another timed lap. Kimi hardly looked like he was backing down from his lap. Looked to me like he thought it would still be a legit timed lap.

Kimi went of track on the very last corner, how was he going to back down in that lap?! He went back to the pits and they he did another lap in order to have a back up in case the first one is invalidated.

If the roles were reversed and another car had the flailing exhaust, I think they would have been given the meatball. Esp if they were challenging a Ferrari. Followed by a 10 place penalty for car not meeting FIA post race regulations. And prob a 2 race ban if it was McLaren.

That's rubbish, and you have no facts to prove your point, however that didn't stop anyone around here from posting aberrations. :\

gravity
23rd June 2008, 16:20
That's rubbish, and you have no facts to prove your point, however that didn't stop anyone around here from posting aberrations. :\

hahaha! Don't take it personally ioan! I was commenting on the FIA/Ferrari love bond, nothing against you! :D

F1boat
23rd June 2008, 16:54

And maybe FIA should have did it. IMO.
Then we would have been spared the pathetic whining of this team.

Garry Walker
23rd June 2008, 20:24

Max was being too friendly, I would have asked for at least a 3 year ban.