PDA

View Full Version : iRacing staggered roolout to the public begins

bblocker68
17th June 2008, 15:45
iRacing has just completed their Beta phase and has given each Beta Tester 10 invites to start the initial rollout of the pay service. They just revamped their website and are awaiting the beginning of a new era in simulation motorsports. Dave Kaemmer and John Henry are to be commended. I was invited to test in May and I have played the sim just about every night since. The grahpics and physics cannot not be believed until you actually try it.

Check it out:
http://www.iracing.com

johnny shell
1st July 2008, 03:08
wow, that looks pretty cool. wonder if my computer is good enough?

wonder if my ps2 wheel will work on my PC?

bblocker68
1st July 2008, 15:47
What kind of wheel fo you have, Johhny? If it's a Driving Force Pro, it'll work fine. The software is pretty accommodating for different types of hardware. I believe they will have minimum specs out soon. I've been driving around the Skip Barber cars a ton lately. I get GPL flashbacks when I get the car sideways going through the tighter turns. This is by far the best sim physics I've ever tried.

Nick Brad
19th April 2009, 13:32
Sorry to drag this old thread up from the depths, but it's been rolling out for months now and I was wondering what people's views were on the sim. I've ordered a new pc in anticipation of signing up, but £85 is a lot of money if the service isn't worth it.

bblocker68
6th May 2009, 15:54
Things are looking good. We just had a new update rolled out and we received a Spec Racer Ford for free. The servers are filling up for the start of the new season and I'm having a blast.