PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hooo Jr. Wins

e2mtt
15th June 2008, 21:58
Oh Yeah!

Alexamateo
15th June 2008, 22:16
Man, I thought it was lost when they went to the GWC at the end, but he made it. Congrats Jr!!

wedge
16th June 2008, 01:44
Finally!!!

harvick#1
16th June 2008, 02:15
once again,Nascar determines its finishes

why in the CTS race, a truck was spun out on the final lap, yet no caution.
but there is a spin on the last lap of the cup race and an instant caution without hesitation. WTG Nascar, plus after about 4-5 warnings, why wasn't Jr. ever penalized for continuely passing the pass car under caution.

guess after watching proper 24 hours of racing, I see how amature nascar still is with race control

Hoss Ghoul
16th June 2008, 02:54
once again,Nascar determines its finishes

why in the CTS race, a truck was spun out on the final lap, yet no caution.
but there is a spin on the last lap of the cup race and an instant caution without hesitation. WTG Nascar, plus after about 4-5 warnings, why wasn't Jr. ever penalized for continuely passing the pass car under caution.

guess after watching proper 24 hours of racing, I see how amature nascar still is with race control

Big surprise you find fault in a Hendricks/Earnhardt win...

The CTS race may have deserved a caution, hard to say as the spin was in turn 2 and the action was largely past/through it on the final lap. The Cup race absolutely needed one as it involved 2 cars spinning through the frontstretch with 1 to go and half the field yet to pass. A no brainer. Hell, it would have been easier to wait and not throw the caution for Hornish's spin that brought out the GWC than to justify not waving the yellow for Carpentier and Waltrip.

Nice win for Earnhardt and well deserved. I honestly didn't think he could save that much fuel running the high line like that.

Jag_Warrior
16th June 2008, 03:19
Talk about finishing on fumes!!! That was a dramatic finish. Glad he got the monkey off his back.

But does it seem like Hendrick is having trouble supporting 3 top level teams, or has the competition just evened out?

BenRoethig
16th June 2008, 04:17
A combination of the two combined with dominant teams usually being a little too overconfident went it comes their their stuff the next season. I also personally think that is almost impossible to fully concentrate on more than two teams at a time.

GARYGAZZA
16th June 2008, 07:12
Fathers day,my wedding anniversiry and to top of a great day Junior gets a win :) .What a nerve racking finish for all Junior fans thanks to Hornish spinning with 2 to go.

PitMarshal
16th June 2008, 07:54
A brave gamble by the crewchief, but it paid off. Rather ironic that after all the fuss about Jr moving to Hendricks, he finally wins a points race by driving slowly!
As a neutral when it comes to Jr, I do have a couple of thoughts:

1. Why did they need that caution? Hornish Jr spins, recovers, doesn't hit anything and doesn't inconvenience anyone. With only three laps to go why on earth was a caution needed?
2. Harvick#1 does have a point. The commentators mentioned that he had been warned to stay behind the safety car. In the next shot he's shown 4 car lengths ahead of it...

electron
16th June 2008, 08:30
I would have had all the respect for this fue gamble but the pace car action was just ridiculous.... sorry, this should nevot get waved through.

so what't next? sailing along under yellow, passing the pace car and pitting or wghat? That damn car is there for a reason and is the ultimate line of scrimage (it used to be at least...) no way to get beyond that, let alone THAT far, and THAT often!
If you can't hold the speed then off you are, no fancy sailing mode or stupid stuff. You either make it or not.

I love close finishes and fuel gambkle to me is an important part of the game but these actions where not okay in my book.

Hoss Ghoul
16th June 2008, 08:41
I would have had all the respect for this fue gamble but the pace car action was just ridiculous.... sorry, this should nevot get waved through.

so what't next? sailing along under yellow, passing the pace car and pitting or wghat? That damn car is there for a reason and is the ultimate line of scrimage (it used to be at least...) no way to get beyond that, let alone THAT far, and THAT often!
If you can't hold the speed then off you are, no fancy sailing mode or stupid stuff. You either make it or not.

I love close finishes and fuel gambkle to me is an important part of the game but these actions where not okay in my book.

The reality is, Earnhardt could have just dropped back further and done the same thing without passing the pace car, and I do believe he stopped doing it after being warned.

That said, it really was a case of no harm, no foul. How ridiculous would it be to be penalized for such an infraction? Hardly worse than when Stewart rubs the paint of the rear bumper of the pace car, is it?

Of all the judgement calls/penalties that have been controversial over the years in NASCAR, this ranks about a 1 out of 10 on any honest scale, IMO.

oldhippie
16th June 2008, 21:30
the late Dale Earnhardt BUMPED the pacecar on a regular basis
us old fans enjoyed seeing the Intimidator do that

i hate races won on a fuel gamble but i was pleased to see Jr win
the anti Jr fans will moan and groan about whatever when Jr does good

the boobirds can accept it or not but the record books will still say Dale Jr WON :p

racefan20
17th June 2008, 05:22
If you remember the beginning of the race, single car spin, hits no one, caution for 5 laps. There are just too many caution flags for too many laps. Bumping the pace car is different than passing it. If he was warned and stopped, so be it. If he was warned and kept doing it, penalize him. Not every race will end perfectly!!!!!!

R. Mears
22nd June 2008, 08:02
If it was Gordon winning with no caution can you imagine the foul cry??

oldhippie
22nd June 2008, 15:32
i bet the anti jr fans will really cry if jr wins infineon