PDA

View Full Version : New Santander TV advert starring Hamilton to air from 16th June

Giuseppe F1
14th June 2008, 15:58
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' sponsors are well known for having exploited Lewis' marketing potential in TV ads over the past 2 years...

There was the 'STARS' campaign from Vodafone last year featuring a young Lewis daydreaming of growing up to be a racing driver......Mercedes Benz's 'ANYTHING YOU CAN DO' campaign from last year featuring Lewis, Alonso and Hakkinen and from this year, weve had Vodafone's new 'DECISIVE MOMENTS' camapign starring Lewis driving through the streets in his McLaren before morphing into 'the viewer' meeting a loved one of a train platform showing how 'every second counts'.

Well, the next 'big' VMM TV ad comes courtesy of Santander/Abbey to coincide with the British Grand Prix which the Spanish Banking Group sponsors, as well as the McLaren team.

The tv ad shows Lewis and his McLaren car as an 'Airfix Model Kit', being put together and painted by the model maker whilst simultaneously slowly coming to life.

The ad will run from June 16th to 10th August.

A special 'The Making of/Behind the Scenes' Video can be seen here:

http://www.santander-racing.com/about-abbey-and-santander/lewis-hamilton-commercial/

and a news piece from 'Marketing' magazine in the UK can be seen here:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-6/1028663/LEW-ABBEY.JPG

Giuseppe F1

BDunnell
14th June 2008, 18:24
I wonder whether there will be a technical fault and the Hamilton advert will run into the back of the preceding commercial, forcing it off the air...

Tazio
14th June 2008, 18:45
I wonder whether there will be a technical fault and the Hamilton advert will run into the back of the preceding commercial, forcing it off the air...More likely it will over-run it's commercial time slot and cause us
to miss the best pass/dice/crash, or gaffe of the race live! :beer:

ShiftingGears
15th June 2008, 05:47
The real question is if it will dent his cool image ;)

gloomyDAY
15th June 2008, 14:42
I wonder whether there will be a technical fault and the Hamilton advert will run into the back of the preceding commercial, forcing it off the air...I love reading your posts. :laugh:

gravity
15th June 2008, 17:11
I wonder whether there will be a technical fault and the Hamilton advert will run into the back of the preceding commercial, forcing it off the air...

Brilliant! :rotflmao: :cool:

25th November 2009, 13:04
Is it the one where he lies then blames somebody else for making him lie, proving that not only is he untrustworthy but also a gutless back-stabber who brings shame and disgrace on his sponsors?

Ranger
25th November 2009, 13:25
Can't believe you dug this thread up for that.

I am evil Homer
25th November 2009, 14:14
I'd go with the latter...

UltimateDanGTR
25th November 2009, 17:09
pointless. pathetic. absurd and unusually cretinous post tamb.

my reasons for my opinion are basically the same as above.

some people just milk things for too long................

25th November 2009, 17:55
In my defence, I didn't "dig out" the thread....it was on the front page of the F1 forum.

Don't know why, but sometimes this forum has some glitches.