PDA

View Full Version : Sete to test GP8 and GP9 next week

neninja
12th June 2008, 11:58
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Gibernau+to+return+to+action+in+Ducati+test

With Sete due to test the Ducati GP8 and GP9 next week, Marco must be hoping he's well of the pace or he could be sidelined for the remainder of the year.

Personally I would love to see Sete do well. Marco is running out of excuses.

NinjaMaster
12th June 2008, 12:58
I like Sete but he's had his time. I'd rather see Nicolo Canepa next in line if it were decided Marco has run his course. Canepa was quicker than Marco in the last test which is a worry.

edlalu
12th June 2008, 15:30
This is the worst thing that could happen in my estimation. Though I loved the rivalry between Sete and Rossi back in the day, the season Sete crashed for Ducati was unexcuseable. He total took a chance for Loris to contend for the title. He crashed repeatedly pissing away Ducati's chances until Stoner put a leg over one.

I hate that Marco is having such a hard time of it. He is a great rider, a great competitor, and alway great to have hunting for the podium. But he and the Ducati just can't seem to come to terms. Its a shame really.

Sete should spend his days watching MotoGP in a bar throwing back a few with Alex Hoffman, not riding a Ducati.

ChrisS
12th June 2008, 15:41
Its just a test and I think its highly unlikely that Sete could replace Marco. I doubt he is fit enough to race after not racing for more than a year.

Hopefully he will be able to give some feedback to make the bike more suitable for other riders

jim mcglinchey
12th June 2008, 15:44
The curse must've been lifted if he intends to push a MotoGP machine to the limit again!

osg
12th June 2008, 20:36
Who's Sete Gibernau?.............

Oh, thats right the fella that Rossi sent to the mental asylum after waging a war of mental disintegration.........

fatman
12th June 2008, 20:59
I have not desire to see Sete doing anything other than falling off his bike.

fatman
17th June 2008, 22:55
Sete finished his first day of testing the Ducati with a fastest time of 1'53.7. Still a couple seconds slower than what the slowest Ducati's did a mugello during the race. It did start to rain so the weather might have been a factor. His comments after ( as reported at motogp.com ) sure make it sound like he's jocking for a way back into racing.

Roby44
18th June 2008, 07:21
A friend of mine is all over come with joy at the thought of Sete back racing in MotoGP!! :rolleyes:

And you guys think I'm bad when I go on and on ?? about My Roby!! You should hear her about Sete!!

neninja
18th June 2008, 11:29
Sete only did 20 laps before it rained so that times pretty good considering he hasn't ridden a bike for almost 2 years

maxu05
18th June 2008, 11:31
A friend of mine is all over come with joy at the thought of Sete back racing in MotoGP!! :rolleyes:

And you guys think I'm bad when I go on and on ?? about My Roby!! You should hear her about Sete!!

I think that is acceptable. If she went gooey over Fogerty, Hodgson or Heehaw, we would have to throw away the key to her straight jacket :)
You though Roby, are still under review :p :

ArmchairBikeFan
18th June 2008, 12:29
As far as I'm concerned, Sete was stunningly quick during the 2 years when he was fighting Valentino for the title. A damn sight quicker than certain guys who have won the championship this century. (No, I don't mean Stoner.) There's a good case for Sete to be classed as one of the best riders never to have won the title, since anybody who takes wins off Rossi fair and square on an identical bike and tyres is no monkey. It was mental toughness that he lacked, not talent.

Having said that, what the hell is he doing back in MotoGP? The only way is down for him. Casey, Dani and Horrhay are in the sport now, it's no place for people who used to be quick. If he couldn't hack Rossi messing with him, what'll he do with these kids who just don't care who you are or what you've done in the past?

fatman
18th June 2008, 13:14

This is unacceptable. Sete is far from attractive.

http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_sete_gibernau_teresa_rivero.j pg
case and point

maxu05
18th June 2008, 13:27
He looks like he's dressed up for the Gay Mardi Gra

19th June 2008, 04:33
[quote="ArmchairBikeFan"]As far as I'm concerned, Sete was stunningly quick during the 2 years when he was fighting Valentino for the title. A damn sight quicker than certain guys who have won the championship this century. (No, I don't mean Stoner.) There's a good case for Sete to be classed as one of the best riders never to have won the title, since anybody who takes wins off Rossi fair and square on an identical bike and tyres is no monkey. It was mental toughness that he lacked, not talent.

I agree with your comments.
In regard to his testing for Ducati, my understanding is that he may possibly join the team as a "test rider' rather than any thoughts of his returning to race in Motogp. His experience would be an asset to Ducati.

Roby44
19th June 2008, 09:45
I think that is acceptable. If she went gooey over Fogerty, Hodgson or Heehaw, we would have to throw away the key to her straight jacket :)
You though Roby, are still under review :p :

:D :D

jim mcglinchey
19th June 2008, 11:00
This is unacceptable. Sete is far from attractive.

http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_sete_gibernau_teresa_rivero.j pg
case and point

He' ll have needed a hair cut since this photo was taken or he couldnt squeeze into his size 57 helmet.

neninja
19th June 2008, 19:35
Well Sete did a 1'51.7 today - quicker than both Guintoli and Elias had gone at the recent race and only .5 off Marco's best race lap.

Not bad for someone who's been off a bike since Oct 06

Ducati have a difficult decision to make now

maxu05
20th June 2008, 05:27
That's mighty quick for a Mardi Gras float :laugh:

Roby44
20th June 2008, 10:33
-- Ducati World Superbike and MotoGP test concludes at Mugello

Troy Bayliss and Michel Fabrizio (Ducati Xerox) have this evening completed three days of testing at the Mugello circuit, on board both the Ducati 1098 F08 and the new F09 development bike.

Throughout Wednesday and Thursday Bayliss clocked up 640 kilometres, completing 124 laps, on his F08 machine, with the team testing different settings and identifying two new set-ups that will be tried at the next World Superbike round in Misano next week. Fabrizio meanwhile rode the F09 development bike, gaining familiarity with the new components and testing new things ahead of the coming season. The team also worked to find various set-up solutions and test suspension settings of the new machine.

Troy Bayliss 1m52.8s (Ducati 1098 F08 - race tyre)
"It's been very useful testing here this week, ahead of the Misano race. We've worked on the settings of the bike to overcome the problems I felt I was having at Nuerburgring. The high track temperatures meant we weren't so fast but I completed a lot of laps, around 450 yesterday and nearly 200 this morning so, even though I'm tired, it's been worthwhile coming here. The sessions have given us some important data and so I hope the work we've done here comes to fruition next week in Misano."

Michel Fabrizio 1m52.1s (1098 F09 - qualifying tyre)
"The testing here has gone well . I've been riding the F09 and have really done some laps, 1154 kilometres, that's 220 laps over three days! We've been working hard and so I'd say we've learned a lot about how to continue with the development of this new bike. We've definitely had a productive few days, also in terms of my own professional growth as it's been great having the opportunity to work so closely with the development team."

TIMES: Bayliss (Ducati Xerox 1098 F08) 1m52.8s; Fabrizio (Ducati Xerox 1098 F09) 1m52.1s

-- Gibernau throws a leg over the Ducati MotoGP machine as three day test gets underway at Mugello

The third and final day of testing for Vittoriano Guareschi and Sete Gibernau concluded today at Mugello, with the Spaniard taking advantage of good weather conditions to clock up 50 laps and record a best time of 1'51.7.

After two days of changeable weather today the sun finally stayed out and allowed the pair to get through the entire programme of work they had scheduled for the GP9.

"I want to say thanks to Sete, who over the past two days has helped us get through a huge amount of work on the GP9 alongside the irreplaceable Vitto", declared Filippo Preziosi. "Despite a long period of inactivity (Sete had not ridden a race bike since October 2006) he's adapted quickly to the unusual role of test rider and put himself through a lot of the toil that we usually reserve for Vitto! Now we'll sit down with Sete and evaluate whether there'll be another opportunity to test together."

"This has been a really wonderful gift from Ducati!" added Gibernau "It has been a real pleasure to get back on a MotoGP bike and over the past couple of days I've had first hand experience of what a tough job Vitto has and realised just how good he is at it. Now I want to go home and reflect on how I feel about things. Then, together with Ducati, we'll see if want to arrange another test."

Roby44
20th June 2008, 10:34
Sete wants to go home and reflect on " how he feels baout things"

What does that mean!! Have Ducati asked him something!!!!

maxu05
20th June 2008, 11:10
I think he wants to race, but, must wait while Ducati decide which way to go.

fatman
20th June 2008, 15:48
Maybe Sete to replace Bayliss in World Superbike ? He could very well have what it takes to challenge for the championship in that series. On a motogp bike I think he's qualified to be a test rider but Ducati would be better suited going with someone young from 250s to go racing with in MotoGP.

maxu05
20th June 2008, 16:18
Now that would be very interesting. Perhaps Schumaker could be his team mate.

patnicholls
20th June 2008, 17:23
The 'Sete to WSB next year' idea is one I hadn't heard before, and could well be worth a go. Although they're clearly doing some evaluation at the minute, with Brendan Roberts doing well in Superstock, Niccolo Canepa coming in to do some WSB wildcards, plus Shakey Byrne doing extremely well in BSB.

Let's not forget, in MotoGP Sete struggled a lot with the Ducati - he did have some injuries of course but his form wasn't like it was in 2003-5 (he challenged for the title in the first two of those, was fast but crashed in 2005)