PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been recording the btcc?

Allyc85
11th June 2008, 19:04
Right this years been bad for me watching the btcc. I cant get ITV 4, my pc cant play the online coverage and my memory is terrible and I keep on forgetting to record the late night highlights on ITV 1.

Sooo I was wondering if anyone has any live coverage or highlights that I could borrow. Id cover all postage costs and add a little more as a thank you.

If you can help please send me a PM.

Alastair :)

MrJan
11th June 2008, 21:44
I'm exactly the same, although I have ITV4 and usually remember just in time to see the last race. I've tried the ITV catch up thing a few times but it seems to be leagues behind iPlayer and 4OD, typical ITV doing things half cocked.

On the plus side though, league football next season :D

SEATFreak
11th June 2008, 22:00
The biggest problem for me is not my apparent lack of memory but that of the blasted DVD player.

I have different record modes which play for different times like SLP (Standard Long Play) and SHQ (Super High Quality) but only one mode plays for long enough to get the whole programme on (the one that records for 8hrs) but it is all pixelated.

I have now taken to just recording the SEAT Cupra Championship on Motorsport UK. I am not into the Clio Cup having unsucessfully tried to get into the Porsche Carrera Cup GB. That way I can record the thing and erase from the disc the parts I don't want in the vain hope it might give me back some extra space.

AndySpeed
11th June 2008, 22:44
Just work on getting your PC sorted. ITV are saving all of the races so far, so once you've got that done you can watch them all for free. You're probably going to need a whole day to watch it though.

thompp
12th June 2008, 16:45
I've got the one-hour highlights from the first four rounds. Unfortunately I missed the event-filled croft round because of reception problems.

If anybody wants a copy of the first four rounds (single DVD) PM me with yer details I will send you a DVD as soon as poss (no cost).

8)

Thompp.

thompp
12th June 2008, 16:46
Just work on getting your PC sorted. ITV are saving all of the races so far, so once you've got that done you can watch them all for free. You're probably going to need a whole day to watch it though.

I think there's a 30 day time limit on the BTCC highlights..?

thompp
12th June 2008, 16:49
I'm exactly the same, although I have ITV4 and usually remember just in time to see the last race. I've tried the ITV catch up thing a few times but it seems to be leagues behind iPlayer and 4OD, typical ITV doing things half cocked.

On the plus side though, league football next season :D

As you may (probably) know ITV is streamed video, whereas iPlayer and I think 4OD are peer-to-peer applications, which although maybe better quality are often bad in other ways. I am on Vista and had to de-install iPlayer - its was causing program loops on my PC.

l0u81
12th June 2008, 17:33
I've got all of them apart from Donnington (highlights only), they are saved on my hdd but could copy them to dvd if you were still after them

l0u81
12th June 2008, 17:33
I've got all of them apart from Donnington (highlights only), they are saved on my hdd but could copy them to dvd if you were still after them

AndySpeed
12th June 2008, 18:23
I think there's a 30 day time limit on the BTCC highlights..?

Not anymore... until the season end I'm assuming, when they don't want to take away the market for the DVD review. Take a look, Brands Hatch is still up there.

As you may (probably) know ITV is streamed video, whereas iPlayer and I think 4OD are peer-to-peer applications, which although maybe better quality are often bad in other ways.

BBC iPlayer in flash player mode (no need to install) is streamed I think, only the downloads are peer to peer.

MrJan
12th June 2008, 19:12
As you may (probably) know ITV is streamed video, whereas iPlayer and I think 4OD are peer-to-peer applications, which although maybe better quality are often bad in other ways. I am on Vista and had to de-install iPlayer - its was causing program loops on my PC.

I think 40D is messing with my shi ;) but iPlayer I watch online in IE, assume it's streamed, unless it secretly installed itself or I wasn't paying attention. 4OD is also now online for 7 or 30 days I think and is just for programmes that have actually been on rather than the instally one which has loads of old stuff.