PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood F.O.S.

VX_Rules
10th June 2008, 21:34
Ok so get this, one of the celebrations this year is 50 years of BTCC. Of course, but this is on the same weekend as Snetterton. So I presume no current series teams will be going in any shape or form. This is a great shame and the hill climbs would of been interesting. But yet again more poor planning in the British Autosport calender. :mad:

LiamM
10th June 2008, 22:29
Im sure Vauxhall will have a presence in some form

MrJan
10th June 2008, 23:03
Usually you find that almost every weekend over the summer clashes with something. If the BTCC was a week later then it probably clashes with the F1 and the FOS usually tries to get the weekend after Le Mans but before the GP.

Whenever I've seen the modern touring cars I've largely been unimpressed. I remember Aaron Slight there with a 406 a few years back and in comparison to all the other stuff it's fairly dull as you can see the cars at events all through the year.

MOst of the celebration will be the sort of stuff that was at the racing car show and will be driven by older drivers. Personally I'd far rather see John Cleland in a '95 Cavalier than Onslow-Cole in a Vectra, probably because I quite like the older stuff that is kept under lock and key for most of the year :)

Marc W
11th June 2008, 12:52
It's only been the past couple of seasons that it's clashed with the BTCC, in previous years we've had Current BTCC cars going up the hill. This year is particularly bad for clashes between big events though. :(

sal
11th June 2008, 23:01
Anthony Reid in the Primera was worth watching last year. Best saloon cars up the hill I've seen were Baby Bertha and the ex Brock Holden Torona.

Les
12th June 2008, 06:12
and it will be there again in the tribute to David Leslie livery

tdb
12th June 2008, 08:02
Personally I'd far rather see John Cleland in a '95 Cavalier :)
And you will if you go, i've nearly finished rebuilding it ready for mr cleland to run up the hill in.

Iain
12th June 2008, 10:26
Good man. :) Has that car run in the past few years?

MrJan
12th June 2008, 12:59
And you will if you go, i've nearly finished rebuilding it ready for mr cleland to run up the hill in.

I gave up on the FOS a few years ago. It's got too busy (used to go Saturday's) and I realised that I've seen most of the stuff before. Now I save the money to go to something with real racing, this year should be the Revival and Classic Le Mans. I reckon they sound better, the cars look nicer and it's just generally more relaxed :)

VX_Rules
12th June 2008, 22:34
Well i think its poor organisation when its meant to be a BTCC as a main part of it because of the 50year anniversary. And why is it called From Hawthorn to Hamilton when it should clearly be called From Gerry to Giovanardi!!!

Still dissappointed though how busy that weekend shall be! Snetterton and Goodwood in one weekend.

stevevxr
12th June 2008, 22:43
MOst of the celebration will be the sort of stuff that was at the racing car show and will be driven by older drivers. Personally I'd far rather see John Cleland in a '95 Cavalier than Onslow-Cole in a Vectra, probably because I quite like the older stuff that is kept under lock and key for most of the year :)

I'D LOVE TO SEE THE CAVALIER RUN AGAIN !!!! LONG LIVE THE CAVALIER !

VX_Rules
14th June 2008, 11:06
Haha, Im deffo with you there, but I'd like to see them BOTH run as they should as its a celebration of 50 years, not a portion of them!

stevevxr
11th July 2008, 16:00
BTCC.NET say - John Cleland and the Wicked Cavalier are at Goodwood F.O.S, would love to see that again !!! and one going ?? someone record it please !!! :)

Iain
11th July 2008, 16:38
It's usually on ITV at some point after the event. Hopefully they'll feature that in it.

Les
11th July 2008, 21:34
just had text from Nick Leason - he had a great day taking the Wiesmann GT MF5 up the hill and it was no slouch either. It was filmed so hopefully I'll see it on the box.

Andy_B
12th July 2008, 07:33

oh dear, you might not be a happy chap tonight. I read JC binned it today :(

Still, at least it was driven in anger

ArrowsFA1
12th July 2008, 08:41
He certainly did and we got a very good view of it :) One crushed font end :eek:

Could have sworn I saw Tom Chilton wandering towards the paddock in Halfords overalls, and Frank Biela was certainly there, very relaxed alongside his Audi. Great to see the Mini and Cortina, as well as the Labatts Sierra among many other things.

Friday is a great day to go to the FofS. Nowhere near as hectic as at the weekend which means plenty of opportunity to wander around and get a good look at everything. No doubt come Sunday many will only be interested in seeing Hamilton, but still it's great that he's there to support the event.

Still a "must see" event for me :s mokin:

tdb
12th July 2008, 16:50

Still, at least it was driven in anger

Bloody racing drivers huh?
Ah well, at least the owner got 1 go in it first.

Also nice to know he was trying, i worked hard to make it as good as it used to be.

Thompson car is nearly finished too.

Les
13th July 2008, 05:51
I am after pics of the Nissan Primera, Jag XKR and the Wiesman - help me please...

Marc W
14th July 2008, 16:01
I think I should have at least one of each. i'll try and find them shortly, I'm currently sorting through loads of photos from the weekends events!

Les
15th July 2008, 18:28
and you did - thank you

ArrowsFA1
20th November 2008, 10:55

Just came across this video clip - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRliUvubPI