PDA

View Full Version : Iceman Kimi

wedge
8th June 2008, 22:40
If I was in Kimi's boots I probably would've punched Lewis.

Or was he expecting karma of some sort :D

SparkyKate
8th June 2008, 23:53
If I was in Kimi's boots I probably would've punched Lewis.

Or was he expecting karma of some sort :D

Me too, but then i miss the days when they would really get into a race and it mattered that much to them.

Sleeper
8th June 2008, 23:55
If he'd lamped Hamilton, he'd have had to have gone down to Force India to offer Sutil a free shot afterwards.

Daniel
9th June 2008, 00:05
If he'd lamped Hamilton, he'd have had to have gone down to Force India to offer Sutil a free shot afterwards.
Difference is Kimi put his hand up, admitted fault and apologised. Sutil was going to have to take a penalty anyway so it's all rather pointless ;)

ioan
9th June 2008, 00:14
Sutil was going to have to take a penalty anyway so it's all rather pointless ;)

That was already contradicted by the FIA before the Montreal GP.

Off to bed now! Really.

ShiftingGears
9th June 2008, 01:14
I laughed at Kimi's reaction. Can't get cooler than that.

Hawkmoon
9th June 2008, 01:45
I'd like to know what he said as he referred Hamilton to the pitlane lights.

I reckon it went something alone the lines of: "Didn't you see the red light old chap? Not to worry, my car must of blocked your line of sight. No hard feelings, eh, there's always next time."

Or the short version: "RED F*&#ING LIGHT YOU F*&#ING IDIOT!"

I know which one I would have said. :)

Valve Bounce
9th June 2008, 03:51
I'd like to know what he said as he referred Hamilton to the pitlane lights.

:)

"Were you in a hurry to go for a shyte?"

leopard
9th June 2008, 04:17
The ice would always stay cool, he might share his opinion with Hamilton about the light, "They should put the traffic light at cross road, not here. Let's have some ice tea"

Cozzie
9th June 2008, 04:25
Kimi actually really impressed me and all the respect I lost for him at Monaco he gained back. Well done!

millencolin
9th June 2008, 04:49
The way he controlled and conducted himself after the incident was impressive. I was expecting some kind of physical intervention or huge verbal barrarge from Kimi.... maybe i've been watching too much Indycar racing where thats a given (if you crash into a certain someone)

Props to Kimi!

leopard
9th June 2008, 05:00
Who did have the nerve to toss a barrage at Danica?

Shifter
9th June 2008, 07:47
Who did have the nerve to toss a barrage at Danica?

Wheldon, I think.

F1boat
9th June 2008, 09:14
Maybe he asked: "Pal, how do you stop the car when I am not available for help"?

janneppi
9th June 2008, 09:23
I think Kimi said it well after he had calmed down.
Why continue to be angry at Hamilton when it doesn't help anything and doesn't change what happened.

Storm
9th June 2008, 09:58
Kimi stuck to the stereo-type of the icy-cool Scandanavian...I would have been pretty p*ssed at Lewis, but as Kimi said later "I am not the best person to talk about a shunt, having hit Sutil last time but that was atleast while racing" or something like that :)

Nothing of heated "debate" like Alonso and Massa had after some final laps wheel bumping last season.

TMorel
9th June 2008, 10:35
Maybe Kimi realises that sometimes people screw up and there's no point getting so worked up about it... and isn't it lucky that people at this forum are so restrained too

MAX_THRUST
9th June 2008, 10:49
That's racing!!!!

Funny I thought Lewis had admitted fault for the incident, as did Kimi when he stuffed it up Sutil rear.

The team should have been on Lewis' radio telling him about the red light. I expect his eyes were too bust watching Kimi and Rob, that he wasn't even thinking about the Red light. How odd, you watch some one that closesly and still hit them when they stop.

BlackRain
9th June 2008, 21:24
That's racing!!!!

I expect his eyes were too bust watching Kimi and Rob, that he wasn't even thinking about the Red light. How odd, you watch some one that closesly and still hit them when they stop.

That must be the case. He just got too much fixated to the two in front.
"Things like that will happen" LOL

As for the ice-man, that must be age. He was young(er) when he shoved off the course worker who came to help him in Sepang.

Luis will mature for sure.

Ari
10th June 2008, 03:36
I laughed at Kimi's reaction. Can't get cooler than that.

Yeah me too! I thought it was going to totally blow up.

I also thought Lewis was good. Gave Kimi a bit of a pat on the back which looked like a 'sorry'. I reckon Danica should have watched that. It's how real people work things out.

Kimi is awesome!

Roamy
10th June 2008, 03:55
yea right Danica would have knocked that ****er on his ass. And after watching the above would have given him a rainbow pin right before the "chicago heelstomp"

Tazio
10th June 2008, 04:28
I would expect nothing less from a champion , and/or a veteran!
Kimi conducted himself the way a professional should!
I'm sure Bernie has more to say about it than Kimi!

leopard
10th June 2008, 04:31
Not a problem, that would enable to drive her effortlessly. :)

No one talking about pitlane formation, they are decided by last year's result at reverse, aren't they?

Roamy
10th June 2008, 05:48
actually in all honesty it is incrediblly stupid to have a red light at the end of the pit lane. This is probably another Mosely rule. Stop and go doesn't really work well in the adrenalin packed series where cars go 0 to 100 in 2 seconds.

Mad_Hatter
10th June 2008, 06:10
Yep. Kimi really gets alot of respect back from me(like he cares) after the Monaco incident.

leopard
10th June 2008, 07:57
It has a risk if the light was operated based on monitoring visually made by person according to estimation of lead time a car(s) passing or will pass the pit exit. The red light will give more disadvantage to driver at pit lane when accidentally the red light turn off too late.

More than words of extreme, Although sophisticated censor to identify cars at the track was implemented, it has potency to give favor more to drivers at the track, regardless how fast the pit crew perform the job, because drivers have to wait for the red light off.

Garry Walker
10th June 2008, 08:54
actually in all honesty it is incrediblly stupid to have a red light at the end of the pit lane. This is probably another Mosely rule. Stop and go doesn't really work well in the adrenalin packed series where cars go 0 to 100 in 2 seconds.

It is actually very sensible to have that red light there, because otherwise someone could just make a very short pitstop and come out of pits in a better track position than when he pitted. That is so because the pitlane at Montreal gives you such an advantage in SC conditions.

Roamy
10th June 2008, 14:43
It is actually very sensible to have that red light there, because otherwise someone could just make a very short pitstop and come out of pits in a better track position than when he pitted. That is so because the pitlane at Montreal gives you such an advantage in SC conditions.

or someone could innocently take it in the ass and perhaps ruin a bid at WDC.
advantage is one to the goals from pitstops.

trumperZ06
10th June 2008, 17:22
actually in all honesty it is incrediblly stupid to have a red light at the end of the pit lane. This is probably another Mosely rule. Stop and go doesn't really work well in the adrenalin packed series where cars go 0 to 100 'safety in 2 seconds.

:D YEP !!!

:dozey: Soooo... Mad Max and his cronies decide to use a red light at the exit of pit out....

instead of simply changing the pit exit to allow for proper merging.

Another well thought out solution... causing the typical FIAsco !!!

F1boat
10th June 2008, 18:03
Of course - everytime Ham makes a mistake, Max is to blame... ;)

trumperZ06
10th June 2008, 18:10
Of course - everytime Ham makes a mistake, Max is to blame... ;)

:dozey: This is NOT the first time a driver's been caught out by the "Red Light" at pit out.

Proper track design would allow for "blending" onto the track, after pitting, thus eliminating the need for a...

Red Light at the pit exit.

Bagwan
10th June 2008, 18:22
:dozey: This is NOT the first time a driver's been caught out by the "Red Light" at pit out.

Proper track design would allow for "blending" onto the track, after pitting, thus eliminating the need for a...

Red Light at the pit exit.

I'm having trouble imagining how that "blending" could be achieved there , Trump .
I wouldn't like the corner itself changed too much , as it gives us some dicing as it is .
They have to enter on the outside of that curve , don't they ?

trumperZ06
10th June 2008, 18:43
I'm having trouble imagining how that "blending" could be achieved there , Trump .
I wouldn't like the corner itself changed too much , as it gives us some dicing as it is .
They have to enter on the outside of that curve , don't they ?

:D Good question, Baggy...

You normally "blend in" with the traffic...

looks like you need to move the corner... ie. make pit out look something like Road Atlanta.

They have a right to left hand "sweeper" looking at the track... along side pit lane...

but I'm not sure there's enough "real-estate" to adjust the pits in order to allow for a "blend-line".

Could the pits be "moved back" down the track say... thus moving the corner forward?.

This Red Light @ pit out problem... occurs much too often with Formula One.

I really think the solution lies in changing the pit-out area to allow for proper blending.

We don't see this red-light issue occuring in other series... although they are held on different tracks.

Shifter
10th June 2008, 18:48
I thought about it in terms of what I have seen in terms of pro racing before, and the lack of a red light leads to much confusion under a SC between drivers coming out of the pits vs. drivers who stayed out, and without a red-light we'd have NASCAR-style arguements between drivers on-track about who "blended in" where. Then the marshalls would have to intervene, re-ordering the queue behind the SC. The soulution would be to not close pits at all and let them come in as soon as they see the SC deployed. But...leaving the pit 'open' leads to longer cautions and more danger for the corner-workers because even under a SC they have to deal with cars racing by the incident scene at random intervals to catch up to the queue behind the SC. So as dumb as the red light seems initially, it has a purpose and I guess it should stay in use.

Bagwan
10th June 2008, 18:56
The only way I can see with the current track config would be to blend them in before they head into the second turn , with a wiggly pit lane exit .
I don't think there's much room to do much else there .

That way , they enter on the inside of the turn , instead of having a drag race on cold tires , outside of a guy weighted out of the corner .

There's room for that , I think .
Besides , it might make for some great comedy , from guys a little too anxious to get back on track .

trumperZ06
10th June 2008, 19:01
The only way I can see with the current track config would be to blend them in before they head into the second turn , with a wiggly pit lane exit .
I don't think there's much room to do much else there .

That way , they enter on the inside of the turn , instead of having a drag race on cold tires , outside of a guy weighted out of the corner .

There's room for that , I think .
Besides , it might make for some great comedy , from guys a little too anxious to get back on track .

:D Yep... could be a Squeeze...

but then, F-1 cars come..."up to speed" very quickly.

Might even be worth considering....

naw, ain't gonna happen. ;)

Tazio
11th June 2008, 03:36
Do you think this might have been a bit of a snipe at a certain individual?

"The near future for us is very clear," said Domenicali. "We need to go back to our standard in term of points. We need to work, be humble,
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/06/11/ferrari-expects-stronger-race-in-france/

F1boat
11th June 2008, 17:23
He would dare to joke with the Unstoppable Destroyer!

Garry Walker
11th June 2008, 21:53
or someone could innocently take it in the ass and perhaps ruin a bid at WDC.
advantage is one to the goals from pitstops.

Usually there is no such incompetence amongst drivers as Hamilton showed this time.