PDA

View Full Version : Francois Delecour goes rally raid.

alleskids
4th June 2008, 21:02
Francois Deleocur wil make his competition debut in a rally raid. He will start in the Transoriental rally raid, which will lead him from Sint Petersbrug in Russia on 12 juni to Bejing in China on 29 june. He will drive a SMG Buggy, 2 wheel drive. He has droven the assistence car back in the 80s for Ari Vatenen.

GigiGalliNo1
5th June 2008, 02:06
wow....where has he been since... along time ago?!

White Sauron
5th June 2008, 05:05

Wow, great, thanks for the news! This means I will see him and probably can talk to!!!
BTW, I'm meating Hans Stacey and will be sitting in his winning MAN ;)

HaCo
5th June 2008, 06:39
As far as I know he did some rounds in the French championship last year in a Porsche. I prefer to see him on closed rally roads!

5th June 2008, 06:42
It's really good news about Francois, very great of him. I wish all the success for him

Leon
5th June 2008, 08:23
Who is going to be his "poor" co-driver? :)

Tom206wrc
5th June 2008, 13:17
I bet on his wife Anne-Chantal Pauwels(if she's not pregnant again) :p :

alleskids
5th June 2008, 15:19

What did we have on stake for that bet? A Dom Perginon champagne 1956 ? :)
The correct answer is Jean-Pierre Garcin. Delecours number will be 203.

You are a lucky man White Sauron :) .

MJW
5th June 2008, 16:17
I thought Delecour's partner was Priscille, and she used to do his gravel notes?
Anne Chantal was a former co-driver in 91 in the Sierra if my memory is correct.

alleskids
5th June 2008, 17:31
Delecour is driving a 2 wheel buggy, for the same reason why he drove a rear wheel drive Porsche in the French championshp: “I was no more interested with a four wheel drive. I wanted to enjoy and get new feeling. Rally-raid is also a logical step in my career. ”
Hopefully he will have a lot of fun and good results. Then we will see a lot more of him in rally raids like Dakar.

Tom206wrc
5th June 2008, 21:43
I thought Delecour's partner was Priscille, and she used to do his gravel notes?
Anne Chantal was a former co-driver in 91 in the Sierra if my memory is correct.

Yes you're right sorry... :s

Pauwels used to codrive him but she's not his wife...