PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus CC, Why???

AndyRAC
23rd January 2007, 13:57
Why??

Yet no news of any RS cars, for Focus, Fiesta or Mondeo.
In my opinion the RS cars should be high priority, but obviously not.

Mark
23rd January 2007, 14:13
I have to say, I was in the Ford showroom last week and they had a Focus CC in there and I thought it looked very nice indeed.

I wouldn't buy one myself, as I'm not a girl. But I thought it was a good looking car.

Daniel
23rd January 2007, 14:33
Mark. You're strange :p

AndyRAC
23rd January 2007, 14:42
I get the impression that Ford have no intention of bringing any RS cars out in the future, hope I'm wrong.

I actually like the new Mini, but I'm sure it's a girls car also. I am getting worried...!!

Mark
23rd January 2007, 15:14
I get the impression that Ford have no intention of bringing any RS cars out in the future, hope I'm wrong.

I think ST is the top of the range you'll see now. I believe sales of the RS Focus last time around were weak.

Donney
24th January 2007, 11:34
It doesn't look bad, I would never buy any CC because as the Hamster said I hate it when cars become fashion icons.

I agree with the RS idea.

Robinho
24th January 2007, 13:08
Why??

Yet no news of any RS cars, for Focus, Fiesta or Mondeo.
In my opinion the RS cars should be high priority, but obviously not.

because , although the majority of us on the boards would lust after an RS model rather than a drop top CC style car, the growth market is in the CC's and for Ford not to make one when VW, Renault, Vauxhall, Merc, Peugeot etc all have a metal folding roof mid size cabrio jobby would be bad business.

any RS models would be strictly a niche model, they never sell in high numbers as they are too hardcore for most, but are usually a good exercise in engineering for a company (be it RS, VX, GTI etc...)

i would imagine that a new RS focus will be on its way, the last reports io saw suggested that a test car looking a lot like the current ST is in development, to be badged RS, whilst the ST brand keeps the majority of the public happy with a "hot" version of the cars until then.

and to be honest, they could quite easily have badged the current ST as the new RS as its every bit as capable and quick as the old RS, but their current marketing strategy seems to be focus-ing (pun alert) on the ST range.

wedge
24th January 2007, 16:11
and to be honest, they could quite easily have badged the current ST as the new RS as its every bit as capable and quick as the old RS, but their current marketing strategy seems to be focus-ing (pun alert) on the ST range.

That's the trouble with Ford, unless you're an aficianado of the blue oval, most people aren't prepared to swap top-end Fords every couple of years.

Ford can't decide whether their ultimate Focus will be the ultimate. Instead they confuse the public by slapping on ST/RS badges whenever they feel like it, and feeding the public corny statements. The Focus debacle being my case in point. The original RS was supposed to the ultimate, but forgiven for succumbing to market forces and delayed and evolved into the ST. But wait, "we have another monster of a Focus to rival ST and were going to call it RS again"

With VXR, GTI, RS Audis, and even when someone like Prodrive fiddles with numerous WRXs you know what you're getting. With Ford, you left feeling bewildered and paranoid.

viper_man
24th January 2007, 17:44
Ford are idiots.

Completely agree with what wedge says.

AndyRAC
24th January 2007, 21:51
Ford can't be blind, they must have seen the success of the Impreza and Lancer Evo's. What is taking them so long with a WRCar replica, i.e Ford Focus RS Cosworth? There is a market for them, surely, providing the price is right.
Personally I think the RS models should be almost stripped out with very few creature comforts, unless you want them. You shouldn't really have leather seats in a performance car, etc

Ian McC
24th January 2007, 22:40
I have to say, I was in the Ford showroom last week and they had a Focus CC in there and I thought it looked very nice indeed.

I wouldn't buy one myself, as I'm not a girl. But I thought it was a good looking car.

:up:

I agree, nice looking car.

The issue has nothing to do with this version, lets face it, a convertible was going to come out. The ST seems bland for a top of the range car.

LeonBrooke
24th January 2007, 23:05
I think ST is the top of the range you'll see now. I believe sales of the RS Focus last time around were weak.

I always thought the new ST Focus was the equivalent of the old RS Focus... but I had read rumours of a 4wd version. I think they should build one, to compete with the Evo and Impreza properly.

Personally I think the RS models should be almost stripped out with very few creature comforts, unless you want them. You shouldn't really have leather seats in a performance car, etc

I agree. No fast car should have creature comforts beyond air conditioning.

GridGirl
26th January 2007, 20:10
I thought the RS brand had been dumped in favour of the ST. An RS version couldnt be that different if they were to launch one.

I was extremely gutted the other day when I was sat in my Fiesta ST with my dad and he asked "So whats the sports version of this like?"

LeonBrooke
28th January 2007, 06:30
I was extremely gutted the other day when I was sat in my Fiesta ST with my dad and he asked "So whats the sports version of this like?"

I think you should be entitled to beat him with the... um... something big and heavy. I thought I would be able to come up with something funny there, but it wasn't to be :( ;)

Daniel
28th January 2007, 08:32
I'm sure I've still been reading about Ford bringing out a proper RS version of the Focus. That said the ST is better than the previous model RS so what's the problem ;) :p

GridGirl
28th January 2007, 17:11
It would take alot of hard work and effort on Fords part to build a car with a worse turning circle. I'm sure they could give it a good try though if they decided to bring out a RS version.

AndyRAC
29th January 2007, 11:41
I seam to remember reading that Ford lost money on each RS, they must be doing something wrong then. Subaru and Mitsubishi keep on churning out different specs of Imprezas and Lancers, and they keep going like hot cakes. C'mon Ford get your act together, I'm sure there is a market for these cars.

BeansBeansBeans
29th January 2007, 14:09
I'm going to design a Coupe Calbriolet Soft-Roader Sport. I'll make a fortune.

Captain VXR
29th January 2007, 16:11
I think Ford is going to make a Focus RS, it was spotted testing in Germany last year.

Tomski
29th January 2007, 16:33
So...........what will the spec' of this much discussed Focus RS be?

Engine?

Transmission?

johnski
30th January 2007, 09:19
Sorry, i dont know.. mayby look @ the Ford site: http://www.ford.com

AndyRAC
30th January 2007, 11:26
So...........what will the spec' of this much discussed Focus RS be?

Engine?

Transmission?

If they've got any sense it will be 2Litre Turbo, 4WD, and it will look like the Focus WRCar. Same spoilers and Rear wing.

touringlegend
30th January 2007, 12:39

I believe they ended up selling more than what they had planned.

As someone has pointed out I believe Ford were losing several thousand GBP on each Focus RS they sold. But perhaps it is worth that purely for the aspirations to have an RS that will ripple down the range.

I would love a Focus CC but not at the price they retail for! Maybe a 2 year old one in a while when it's lost it's value.

wedge
30th January 2007, 14:10
Don't think Ford have the time and money to come up with a 4WD beast to rival the Japanese.

The ST should be a family hot hatch. The RS should be a uncompromising sports coupe, ideally a proper rally homolagtion car with some of its interior stripped just like the old Pug Rallye range (106 and 306).