PDA

View Full Version : [IRC/ERC/PT]Rally Vinho Madeira 31.07-02.08

Pages : 1 [2]

wwbroe
31st July 2008, 20:33
So astest time for Voullioz, Travaglia at 1"5, Magalhaes at 1"7, Loix at 1"8, Tiribassi at 2"0, Rosetti at 2"8, Basso loosing 4" ;)

Mirek
31st July 2008, 21:33
quimrally: Cavigioli with a lot of babes. What a classic stuff! :D

quimrally
31st July 2008, 23:27
Well I'm back.

The special stage was transmited on national TV, so I was lucky enough to see what hapenned.

In first place, Vouilloz made an extraordinary time on that stage, but he gave little touch in the tyres of chicanes, twice making his way trought, and damaging "lightly" the front of the car (nothing special).

Travaglia has a flu, but managed to catch 2º place 1,5 seconds behind the french. It was a big difference when seeng that the other drivers are so close. Bruno Magalhaes made a clean stage finishg third, in front of Loix, Tirabassi and Rossetti, who gave some nice slides.

The Abarth was some disapointing, mainlly because eveibbody expected a full-attack of Basso. However he said he is not confidant enough. Tomorrow he will see.

Unfortunately the transmission was interrupted, beacuse de Portuguese President remembered to call a media conference to talk about some stupid stuff. Well it was only 15 minutes, but was too much time.

You can see the first pics in here:
http://www.ralivm.com/gallery/day1.cfm?displayYear=2008

I'm sure that my two compatriots (Madeira and Madeira Rally) who saw the live rally (I envie you) will show, and tell more sutff.

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 04:40
Great stuff Quimrally, keep us informed as much as you can, will you? ;)

Madeira
1st August 2008, 06:00
Yes guys, quim gave a good view about SSS. Sorry, I won't be here to give you more details of rally.I will be working on the radio. Yesterday I see a few Belgian fans supportting fast Freddy good atmosphere!

jure dvorsek
1st August 2008, 08:21
Yust a question about ''zero car'' Porsche 911 GT3-is it possible to find steges times of this attractive car ?
It should be blody fast. I see sequential gearbox, racing tyres, but I do not know how fast is the driver.....

quimrally
1st August 2008, 08:27
Good morning.
In a few moments the "real" rally starts on the road.

The stages times of the Porsche 911 GT3 does not appear in the official rally times. However i'll try to know by some friends in the stages.
But do not expect great Things: the roads of Madeira Island are very tricky, and tight. Bery difficult to explore such a big, and potent car.

The weather is fine, for now.

Wim_Impreza
1st August 2008, 09:19
Ok, thanks for the info, but i guess i can't take those channels here in Belgium. ;)

The last two years, I could see an hour of action live from Rali Vinho da Madeira. I have only 1 Portuguese channel (RTPN) here in Belgium and it is the right one for the rally. :)

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 09:21
No big changes on first real stage, Basso fastest and Magalhaes taking the overall lead, but all very close. ;)

jure dvorsek
1st August 2008, 09:28
Small surrprise-Abarth first after stage....Well done, Basso, yust keep this pace !

quimrally
1st August 2008, 09:32
Great first stage.
Basso shows he knows very well the rally stages.
Bruno Magalhaes at the middle of the stage was 4 seconds in front of Basso. However in the final part he lost some time.
Great time for Alex Camacho, the regional driver.

The Porsche of MEX made the stage in 11:11,5... distant from the others

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 10:07
Fastest time again for Basso on stage 3, also good time again for Camacho, but Magalhaes stays in front. Travaglia doing rather well, Rosetti little disappointing, but it is his first time out here. ;)

jure dvorsek
1st August 2008, 10:30
Great first stage.
Basso shows he knows very well the rally stages.
Bruno Magalhaes at the middle of the stage was 4 seconds in front of Basso. However in the final part he lost some time.
Great time for Alex Camacho, the regional driver.

The Porsche of MEX made the stage in 11:11,5... distant from the others

Thank's quimrally for info about P911 GT3. If it is possible, inform me about this car.
Anyway, Basso is quick.

quimrally
1st August 2008, 10:49
Nice Stage again. We've got rally.

Alex Camacho had some tire problems, and catch Fernando Peres on the first stage... but nica rally anyway.

Great Abarth. Basso is maximum attack.

If you have RTP-N (at least for some belgians) at 13:00 CET Live Rally from Madeira. :D

Expected more from Rossetti....

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 12:19
Fastest time for Magalhaes on stage 4, extending his lead a little bit. It is very close at the top tough, with top five overall in just a few seconds. Rosetti has some brake problems during first run trough the stages. ;)

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 12:25
Basso taking fastest time on stage 5, and passing Magalhaes in overall classification. Rosetti overhauling Loix after this one, taking sixt overall. Bit disappointing times for Loix.

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 14:11
On SS 6, fastest time is set by Camancho, very nice pace. It is really close between the top five. Rosetti setting nice times also. Loix came in service with severe damage at the back of the car. Anybody who knows what happened? :(

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 14:38
Fastest time for Bruno Magalhaes on stage 7, extending his lead a little more. Second time for Camacho, who keeps doing very well. First decent time for Loix, who is closing in on Rosetti again. Voullioz at 0.1 sec of Basso for third overall. Travaglia very steady and second overall. ;)

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 15:06
On stage 8 it is Camacho who makes best time, Voullioz second fastest, Magalhaes third and Loix fourth. Overall it is still Magalhaes in the lead, but Voullioz taking second now. Basso lost about 11 seconds on this stage, and drops to fifth overall. Camacho now third overall and Travaglia fourth.

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 15:27
So nobody else is following this really interesting rally? Where are you guys, all of you are following Rally Finland or what? ;)

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 15:51
Again Portuguese drivers making two fastest times on SS 9, with Vouiiloz third and Loix fourth. With 4 more (same) stages to go today this is what the standings look like:

1. Magalhaes
2. Vouilloz at 9"9
3. Camacho at 11"8
4. Travaglia at 18"2
5. Basso at 32"7
6. Rosetti at 41"0
7. Loix at 41"9
8. Scandola at 1'12"3
9. Fontes at 1'52"3
10. Isik at 2'18"9

Also great pace of Freitas in his Clio S1600, who is 12th at 2'29"0. ;)

playmo
1st August 2008, 16:00
What!? either i know nothing about Magalhaes or he did illegal recceing, i can't believe it, and who's that Camacho?
Hope i can snatch some Eurosport coverage, seems it has been very exciting over "here".
Who's leading 2wd?
It impresses me that Rosetti is so far behind (puncture?). Seems it has been quite a good drive from Nico, and not so for Loix...

teufel
1st August 2008, 16:13
What!? either i know nothing about Magalhaes or he did illegal recceing, i can't believe it, and who's that Camacho?

He was driving very good (almost brilliant except a small mistake, that cost him minutes) in Portugal aswell...

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 16:21
Hope i can snatch some Eurosport coverage, seems it has been very exciting over "here".
Who's leading 2wd?
It impresses me that Rosetti is so far behind (puncture?). Seems it has been quite a good drive from Nico, and not so for Loix...

Camacho is local driver, and also very good one. As Teufel mentioned Magalhaes was setting the pace in Portugal Rally as well, but he went of on one stage, and lost a lot of time. We will see if they will stay on the road this time. ;)

quimrally
1st August 2008, 16:27
Sorry. My net conection is driving me crazy today. So the information is not coming in time.

Will:

Portuguese Driver Bruno Magalhães is driving very fast (oficial Peugeot Portugal), but he catch 3 times Luca Betti on stage, losing some time :confused: :confused:.

Alexandre Camacho is a young driver from Madeira, who knows very well the roads, and has a good Peugeot 207 S2000. It's a nice surprise.

Peugeot are doing a better job this afternoon, mainly because they have the right tire choice. Vouillouz and Loix are in good positions.

Luca Rossetti is doing is first appearence in Madeira, and the first stages was for knowledge. Is getting better on second rounds.

Basso had a bad tire choice, thinking would rain, and ind the last 4 stages lost more than 30 seconds. He is "fu...." fuirios with the choice.

The 2 WD is dominated by the local driver Filipe Freitas in a Renault Clio S1600. Now he is chasing Solowow, and Isik, but the diferences between cars are big.

Brice Tirabasse abandon because electrical failure. But meanwhile he lost de legal documents of the car... :eek: :eek: :eek: between stages????

As soon as I can, I will come back fore more developments.

playmo
1st August 2008, 16:47
Ooo, now i see, thanks for the info.
I don't remember nothing about Rally Portugal, my bad.
Now, there's the reason for Rosetti's 6th....

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 17:22
First fastest time for Nicolas Vouilloz on stage 10, with two Portugese drivers right next to him. Not so good time for Loix, who sees Rosetti taking the better of him. ;) Overall it is still Magalhaes in front of Vouilloz and Camacho. :D

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 17:59
On stage 11 it is again both Portugese drivers in front, Magalhaes fastest before Camacho with Loix third and Vouilloz fourth. No changes in overall classification. ;)

Mirek
1st August 2008, 18:21
Oh no, Magalhaes probably puncture. More than 3 minutes lost :(

pucky54
1st August 2008, 18:40
]Oh no, Magalhaes probably puncture. More than 3 minutes lost :(

aaaaah, that sucks big

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 18:44
Yes, Vouilloz in the lead now, with 3"3 margin on Camacho. First fastest time for Freddy Loix on this stage. ;)

playmo
1st August 2008, 18:56
That's bad luck for Bruno

wwbroe
1st August 2008, 19:03
Last besttime is for Vouilloz, who is staying in the overall lead, in front of Camacho and Travaglia. Basso is fouth with Loix fifth and Rosetti sixt. But everything is still possible, especially for third place. Looking forward to tomorrow's stages. ;)

quimrally
1st August 2008, 19:33
What a great rally has been.

Bruno Magalhaes had a puncture in the first km's of the stage 12. He decided to change the tire and lost the leadership. Now is on 10º place. Such a bad luck for a good driver (i know him). In the end he was very sad.

Vouilloz was on the right time, at the right place and gets the 1º place, with entire justice. The surprise comes from Alexandre Camacho who keep the rythm and ended the day just 3,7s behind. There is a lot of hapyness in the island.

Renato Travaglia manage to kept Basso behind him, but both did a better second round, with a good tire choice.

Another fight is beetwen Loix and Rossetti, who have the handicap of not knowing the roads (Loix abandoned the rally last year in SS 4).

Filipe Freitas (Renault Clio S1600) had some problems with the breaks... he didn't have breaks. But kept the 12º place, and best 2WD.

But day for Luca Batti, who had many problems with gearbox of Peugeot 207 S1600.

The old Group N (subaru's and Mitsubishi), has Adruzilo Lopes at the head (won in Madeira in 2001 with a 206 WRC) with an old Subaru Impreza Spec C N11. In second place the spanish driver Yeray Llemes.

The Porsche of MEX is similar to the one used in Spain by Sergio Vallejo.

I'm call it for the day, tomorrow more competition on the road. :cool: :cool: :cool:

N.O.T
1st August 2008, 23:32
real pity for Magalhaes....he did a perfect run but these things happen...i hope he can climb up to top positions tommorow. Vuilloz is getting a good lead for the championship id everything goes normal tommorow.

HaCo
2nd August 2008, 10:16
No results, site times out... :(

atsiotras79
2nd August 2008, 10:19
Super battle for Vouilloz and Camacho! After the 2 first today's stages only 3,8 sec between them!

HaCo
2nd August 2008, 11:23
Yep great! A lot closer than things are going in Finland right now. :)

atsiotras79
2nd August 2008, 12:17
And the 2 Punto's are closing in!!! Only 10 sec behind with 4 stages to go!
Have they woken up in time? Let's see!

quimrally
2nd August 2008, 12:29
First run on the morning stages ended, with the return of Abarth pilots Basso and Travaglia to the great results and exibitions. Closed the gap to the front duo, and only 4 stages to go. Anyone of theses can win.

Loix and Rossetti are losing contact with the leaders, mainly beacause they dont know the dificult stages of the NW island.

Bruno Magalhaes is trynd to catch is rival Jose Pedro Fontes but again has problems with the 207 (nothing serious).

The weather is uncertain. In the same stage is dry and rainy roads... difficcult for the drivers.

What a great rally

quimrally
2nd August 2008, 17:00
Rally has ended, and what an end

In the biggest stage the 3 front runners had the chance to win the rally.

Vouilloz done a excelent rally. Without winning many stages was always on the top tunners and diserve to win.
Unfortunately for me (i'm from Madeira) Alex Camacho lost to Giandomenico Basso the 2º place by only 2.6 seconds. The italian "flew" on the last round... what a ride on this day for the Abarth men. It seemed like Fiat was better than Peugeot.

Travaglia had a small went off in stage 18, and knew that 4º was better than off. He didn't force anymore.

Nice fight between Rossetti and Loix, with uncertain to the last meter... but the Racing Lions drive manage to kept 5º place.

Umberto Scandola gave some spectacular sliding in the road

Bruno Magalhaes was the best national contender (Alexandre is portuguese but doesnt do the national champioship) and Fontes turn nest.

Isik had a puncture in the Special 20 and lost time to Solowow.

Best 2 WD was Filipe Freitas.

What a rally.

wwbroe
2nd August 2008, 19:22
Thanks Quimrally for the excellent info you gave us during the weekend of the rally. Not too many people on the forum though, wich is a pitty, because the rally Madeira was far more exciting than boring Rally of Finland where only two drivers are in the rythm for victory. Madeira was great with a diserved win for Vouilloz, who was very regulary in his stage times. Pitty for Basso, because without his bad tyrechoice of yesterday afternoon, he would have won i guess. Pitty also for Magalhaes and Camacho, because they drove a great rally also. Little bit disappointing time's for Rosetti and Loix, but their knowledge of the stages wasn't as good like the other frontrunners. Anyhow, we have seen a great rally, with magnificent battle and a diserved winner afterall. ;)

racecraze
3rd August 2008, 06:20
There began a open tackling between Peugeot Team Belux and Abarth, good one is difference of only few seconds. Its great to see.

[Madeira-Rally]
3rd August 2008, 14:21
It was an impressive rally to follow on the radio or Internet...

I was on the field and it wasn't so good... there was too many cautions in security... there was no place to see the rally :s

Even on very scurity places there was restrictions... :s I don't understand why this happen...

HaCo
3rd August 2008, 15:05
Madeira-Rally: you should visit a rally in Belgium one day, It can't be worse than over here. :( It's that or no more rallying in Belgium.

Madeira
3rd August 2008, 17:32
Paulo, you need to choose better the places to see Rally, take a look on this pics: :D

http://www.ralismadeira.com/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=categories&cid=171&Itemid=3

Raven
3rd August 2008, 21:35
HaCo, for me spectatnig a rally in Belgium means standing in the corn filed 50m from the raod :)

[Madeira-Rally]
4th August 2008, 09:20
Paulo, you need to choose better the places to see Rally, take a look on this pics: :D

http://www.ralismadeira.com/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=categories&cid=171&Itemid=3

Yes yes yes....

I really have to choose better places to see the rally!

But tell me.. why people aren't allowed to go to the stage one hour before the start?

why they closed some roads where rally didn't pass?
How can you go to the stages if the roads are closed to the public :s ???

Is there any good explanation?
I can't find any...

I still prefer the good old days of ERC...

Maybe I have to adapt to this new concept of rally.. but.. ok...

Madeira
4th August 2008, 17:03
Video:
first leg- http://www.ralismadeira.com/Videos/ralismadeira-2dia_rvm2008.wmv

HaCo
4th August 2008, 18:39
HaCo, for me spectatnig a rally in Belgium means standing in the corn filed 50m from the raod :)

Well and that is exactly how it is here in Belgium. It is not because of the organisers, but because of the guys who write the law that know nothing about rally. On the other hand, I'm happy there is still rallying and sometimes I'm happy there are zones like that, I'm sure some tragedies are avoided just because of that, but we don't know them of course.

The 'funny' thing about the whole situation in Belgium is that in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium the organizers are very strict and following the law to the letter, because they have to, otherwise the mayor(s) would not allow the event.

In the French speaking part of the country the situation is almost the opposite, although the same laws (I think, because things get complicated in Belgium sometimes) count, the security is a lot less strict and rallying is a lot more fun to watch.

I love rallying, so I keep on watching it although security measures make it sometimes a lot less appealing.

Madeira
5th August 2008, 08:05
second leg video:
http://www.ralismadeira.com/Videos/ralismadeira-3dia_rvm2008.wmv

Mirek
5th August 2008, 18:43
Realy nice videos! :)

Madeira
5th August 2008, 19:07
of course more videos from eurosport here:
http://www.ircseries.com/html/Video.asp

Jennifer
5th August 2008, 22:21
Well and that is exactly how it is here in Belgium. It is not because of the organisers, but because of the guys who write the law that know nothing about rally. On the other hand, I'm happy there is still rallying and sometimes I'm happy there are zones like that, I'm sure some tragedies are avoided just because of that, but we don't know them of course.

The 'funny' thing about the whole situation in Belgium is that in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium the organizers are very strict and following the law to the letter, because they have to, otherwise the mayor(s) would not allow the event.

In the French speaking part of the country the situation is almost the opposite, although the same laws (I think, because things get complicated in Belgium sometimes) count, the security is a lot less strict and rallying is a lot more fun to watch.

I love rallying, so I keep on watching it although security measures make it sometimes a lot less appealing.

I agree! A life without rallye... I don't like it. I don't like it at all!

Jennifer
5th August 2008, 22:26

in a rally-car itself it's much better :D nice and warm. you don't get wet when it rains and with a little bit of luck you see all the stages

karlzoro
9th August 2008, 18:07
Hi everyone,

I had a very nice rally @ Madeira.
I think it's a little bit normal that sometimes you must do some km's of walking?? It isn't like in Belgium with a lot more than start & finish to get acces to the stage (cfr Boaventura).
I don't know if there were some forum members of Madeira @ the tests of Kronos on Wednesday?? For us it was the perfect rally: nice rally & great atmosphere & in the evening :beer: ...
So, my video of Freddy Loix in action you can see on his site( www.freddyloix.com (http://www.freddyloix.com) ) from now, have fun and I hope that you will enjoy it???
http://www.freddyloix.com/images/stories/videos/Rali%20Vinho%20Madeira%202008%20Kevin%20Mares.wmv

I almost forgot: http://dmares.zenfolio.com/ here you can see pictures from the rally in Madeira, have fun

[Madeira-Rally]
9th August 2008, 18:21
Very nice pictures and video ;)

Jarek Z
9th August 2008, 21:03
in a rally-car itself it's much better :D nice and warm. you don't get wet when it rains and with a little bit of luck you see all the stages

Good point, but you forgot to add that it requires a little more cash than buying a spectator's ticket :)

darkstar
11th August 2008, 17:35
we´ve got an very nice video from rallye madeira online now: www.rallye-mad.com (http://www.rallye-mad.com/html/_.html)

Rallye Madeira 08 (http://www.rallye-mad.com/html/_.html)

http://i34.tinypic.com/xom9lk.jpg (http://www.rallye-mad.com/html/_.html)

Madeira
19th August 2008, 19:28
Best of Yeray Lemes RVM 08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3SapcQSebo&feature=related)

Madeira
20th August 2008, 23:23
Umberto Scandola RVM 08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1938_vKuEk&feature=related)

karlzoro
21st August 2008, 18:02
Scandoal & Reyes were the most spectacular driver of the 2008 edition..although Camacho, Magalahaes & Nunes (Antonio or Miguel) were also very impressive in some parts of the stages :hot: