PDA

View Full Version : Bernie's letter to presidents of motorsport clubs

aryan
23rd May 2008, 22:20
Bernie has written a letter to the presidents of FIA motorsport clubs, saying that Max's previous letter to these member presidents "makes statements that could lead to misunderstandings and inaccurate conclusions
being drawn"; hence he is writing this letter to clarify these issues.

I've read the letter, and to me it seems like Bernie is very much trying to distance himself from Max. He is clearly saying he is in favour of Formula 1's current arrangements with the FIA, and that whoever is in charge of FIA, the relationship will continue.

It seems to me that Bernie is telling these members that: don't worry about losing Formula 1 if you let go of Max, as he would have you believe. We are here to stay.

Some excerpts:

"We believe it is to the benefit of Formula One that the FIA should have a transparent and robust governance structure and that it should discharge its regulatory responsibilities in a fair, impartial and non-discriminatory manner, without external influence or interference, led by a credible and
respected President"

"There is no financial crisis in Formula One. On the contrary, Formula One is in robust health, it enjoys the support of most of the world's leading automotive manufacturers and is sponsored by many of the world's other most prestigious brands. Revenues continue to grow, television ratings are high..."

"None of these issues have any bearing on the reasons the FIA Senate has called the forthcoming Extraordinary General Assembly... You may be assured that whatever decision you should make on 3 June, we look forward to continuing our long-standingand constructive relationship".

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/5/7817.html

Tallgeese
23rd May 2008, 23:53
Looks like he's distancing himself from Mosley's comments, but then again, Mosley didn't do himself justice by making them in the first place!

Valve Bounce
24th May 2008, 01:06
This is being discussed at length, with links to said letters, in the Max thread.

Lemmy-Boy
24th May 2008, 03:52
Bernie E vs Max M - World War III is about to begin?

pino
24th May 2008, 06:10
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=478186#post478186