PDA

View Full Version : Frank Williams special: 600 not out

CNR
23rd May 2008, 01:02
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67643

Already the longest serving entrant in F1 history, the veteran team boss arrived at the Monaco Grand Prix to celebrate his 600th grand prix.

gloomyDAY
23rd May 2008, 01:23
That's nice, but I would love to see them gain another title.

aryan
23rd May 2008, 04:34
Thanks. What an interesting read.

Which driver have you had the most pleasure working with?
FW: I think the most pleasure/fun was Jonesy (Alan Jones). He was our age, and he just got on and did things in a very Australian way

And what about Lewis Hamilton?
FW: The thing about Lewis … it was obvious from his GP2 season, which he dominated, that he was going to be wall-to-wall trouble. And unfortunately, that has proven to be the case. But he was a McLaren man for many, many years, to Ron's credit.

Can you get there as an independent team against the might of the big-money manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes-Benz?
FW: Without quoting one or two names in the paddock, there are one or two teams that are awash in cash that haven't been there yet. So it's not just the money.

Q. Do you share Max Mosley's view that there is an imminent financial crisis in F1?

FW: I suppose I can cheekily say that there has been one coming for 40 years.

Q. Is the sport in good shape politically though?

FW: It's in quite good shape, as long as the manufacturers stay here. If they all suddenly pull out then that's a problem. And no engines. And the thought of having to go to Ferrari to buy engines causes us considerable dismay.

:D Long live Williams!

ShiftingGears
23rd May 2008, 06:30
To 600 more! :up:

ArrowsFA1
23rd May 2008, 08:03
I think this says a lot about Sir Frank:

Q. Can you give us some words on Patrick Head?

FW: I unhesitatingly say that he is an amazing man; a truly gifted engineer, understands it very thoroughly, and is actually the real architect of the team's achievement. That's a fact.
They really are a team in the true sense of the word :up:

Lemmy-Boy
24th May 2008, 23:55
FW is a consummate professional and a first class guy. I really hope they remain competitive for a long time.