PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Gobert

Roby44
16th May 2008, 09:59
This article was in the local paper this morning......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/MareeBrooks/img022.jpg

Nick@S
16th May 2008, 10:05
Oh dear - I'd heard somewhere that Gobert had kinda hit the skids, but didn't think it was that bad :eek:

I'm guessing he isn't one of the glut of people officially sponsored by Monster :D

Mach24
16th May 2008, 11:06
It is truly a shame to see the fall and fall of someone with such natural talents in his chosen field.

Goey was awesome to watch on a bike, that is the memory I choose to recall of the guy.

Roby44
16th May 2008, 11:38
I wasn't "bagging" him or anything...Just thought people might be interested..

ChrisS
16th May 2008, 11:49
I read it here yesterday http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23703499-3102,00.html

applied for a job at Subway, what a waste of talent :(

I hope he can get himself sorted out before he does something really stupid.

Roby44
16th May 2008, 12:07
I read it here yesterday http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23703499-3102,00.html

applied for a job at Subway, what a waste of talent :(

I hope he can get himself sorted out before he does something really stupid.

Exactly.. He is still a young man..He is only 33..

maxu05
16th May 2008, 12:07
What a waste of a great talent. I hope he can straighten himself out. His motorcycle career is clearly a thing of the past, but, I think there is hope for him in other fields, if he stays straight, and pulls it together.

osg
17th May 2008, 01:44
He's as good as done....... i have friends and relatives who race competitvely across Australia, and the mail is he is done, no-one wants a bar of him.

A waste of a supreme talent corrupted by arrogance and the big light lifestyle.

NinjaMaster
17th May 2008, 02:26
Anthony Gobert will always remain as one of, if not my no.1, all time favourite riders. The things he could do on a bike were incredible. Sadly the talent wasn't matched by maturity. I think that it all came too easy to him too early and everything was handed to him on a platter. He's had so many chances that no-one else would have gotten because of his prodigious skills and it appears he still expects things to be handed to him. Hopefully he can turn things around for his sake but I've been hoping this for too long. The greatest waste of sporting talent I have seen.

Guess I'm gonna have to change my sig... :(

Roby44
17th May 2008, 03:47
Anthony Gobert will always remain as one of, if not my no.1, all time favourite riders. The things he could do on a bike were incredible. Sadly the talent wasn't matched by maturity. I think that it all came too easy to him too early and everything was handed to him on a platter. He's had so many chances that no-one else would have gotten because of his prodigious skills and it appears he still expects things to be handed to him. Hopefully he can turn things around for his sake but I've been hoping this for too long. The greatest waste of sporting talent I have seen.

Guess I'm gonna have to change my sig... :(

Why should you have to change your sig.. You miss the "real" Gobert and I guess there are many others including probably his family who miss the "real" Anthony too..
Hopefully , with support, he can turn it all around. It is a sad fact of life these days, drugs.. :mad:

osg
17th May 2008, 11:56
Why should you have to change your sig.. You miss the "real" Gobert and I guess there are many others including probably his family who miss the "real" Anthony too..
Hopefully , with support, he can turn it all around. It is a sad fact of life these days, drugs.. :mad:

well said.

NinjaMaster
17th May 2008, 12:36
Cheers for that Roby. I'll wear my Gobert with pride and just remember him like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF2hz73u5Zk).

Roby44
17th May 2008, 12:49
I don't remember ever seeing that race before, it sure had some " moves" in it :eek:

veeten
17th May 2008, 21:43
A sad state of affairs. :(

They were the three great families in AMA Superbike/SuperSport; The Goberts (Aaron & Anthony), the Bostrums (Eric & Ben), and the Haydens (Roger Lee, Tommy and big bro Nicky). It was always great seeing them on the track, dicing it up.

patnicholls
17th May 2008, 23:50
It's certainly very sad to see such a natural talent sink to this level.

He's been popping in and out of the racing world's eye the past couple of years - I think back to a couple of World Supersport appearances a couple of years ago and stuff like this: http://www.motoliam.com/2006/05/interview_with_anthony_gobert.html which implied he was getting back on track, but I guess the troubles are there again.

Hope he can get himself sorted out once more.

maxu05
18th May 2008, 14:44
The sad thing is, in the photo, he looks like one of those Nazi skinheads you see in the movies. Grow some hair back, stop smoking pot, and clean up your act. You have so many fans out there that are gutted by this news.