PDA

View Full Version : Best driver

NickFalzone
15th May 2008, 03:56
On Nascar Now Ryan Burr asked Kyle Busch yesterday "Are you the best driver in Nascar right now?" and he said:

"I wouldn't say so, I think the equipment's there which is making me look good. But I wouldn't say over the past, you know, you've gotta have it over vast seasons not necessarily last year or the year before, but next year, the following year. You know, you've gotta have it within a span. And to me, Jimmie Johnson has had that, I mean he's had it, every single year he's been in the top 5 in points, so I'm gonna give that credit to Jimmie Johnson."

Agree, disagree? Its impossible for me to separate the quality of equipment from the driver, but I would agree that JJ has over the course of several years shown some of the most talent in the series.

Sparky1329
15th May 2008, 05:22
I think Kyle is right and being very honest. The best driver in the world can't win in junk.

harvick#1
15th May 2008, 06:07
name another driver right now that is at the same level as Busch????

no one is at the level, (although Burton is ever so quite having a great season also).

has toyota been a help, maybe. but I think hes got an incentive to stick it to Hendrick whenever possible for dumping him

oldhippie
16th May 2008, 01:55
Kyle Busch is the best driver at the moment cause he leads the points and has 3 wins
but it could change race to race all through the season

willracefan
18th May 2008, 00:05
i think carl edwards has been better on the 2 milers than busch. and i think edwards will beat him for the top spot for the chase.

but lets not forget the summer's top driver,whoever that will be.

BenRoethig
18th May 2008, 04:25
Best talent: Kurt Busch
Best Driver: Jeff Burton.