PDA

View Full Version : IT'S COP GEAR Formula 1 supercar

CNR
15th May 2008, 01:11
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/37798/It-s-cop-gear/

POLICE are revving up to give crooks a high-speed shock by pursuing them in a 200mph Formula 1 supercar.

now if thay could come you with a way of puting the lights on an f1 car for night races.

ChrisS
15th May 2008, 02:05
I read about this in Top Gear 6 months ago, they made the car for a car show. It was never going to become a real police vehicle.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering. The car was designed by the engineers who made the McLaren F1 supercar, not the MP4-23 as the article claims.

ioan
15th May 2008, 08:24
BTW, in case anyone is wondering. The car was designed by the engineers who made the McLaren F1 supercar, not the MP4-23 as the article claims.

They needed to get Lewy's name in there somehow! ;)

Dave B
15th May 2008, 09:11
I love the banner under the article proclaiming "More 'news' here".

Having 'news' in quotes says all you need to know about the Daily Star. Still, nice to see a Richard Desmond publication managing to produce an entire page which doesn't contain tits or racism.

aryan
15th May 2008, 09:22
British tabloids...

Sometimes I give up on journalism in general after reading articles like this.

Lewis Hamilton was in primary school when the designer of Caparo T1 designed the McLaren F1.

And... Caparo has proven itself to be so unreliable that it will not be taken seriously by anyone looking to use it for practical purposes, such as a police force.

SteveA
15th May 2008, 10:09
The UK Police should be buying those Vauxhall (Holden) V8's - they're cheap as chips but would keep up with the majority of cars they pursue (ie Chav mobiles).

15th May 2008, 12:50
Still, nice to see a Richard Desmond publication managing to produce an entire page which doesn't contain tits

What????? That's made my trip to the newsagent pointless.

Actually, I've always thought that having a newspaper of the quaility of, say, The Times, but with naked women on each page would be a great way of educating the masses.

Anyone interested in backing this brilliant, sure-fire money-spinning dynamite idea can pm me with their pledges*

*(minimum investment £250,000, non-returnable, your home is at risk if it doesn't work, etc).

ChrisS
15th May 2008, 14:48
The UK Police should be buying those Vauxhall (Holden) V8's - they're cheap as chips but would keep up with the majority of cars they pursue (ie Chav mobiles).

plus it has 4 doors and rear seats so the police will have a place to put the criminals after they pursue and catch them ;)

aryan
15th May 2008, 14:59

What Holden needs is not for the British police to buy their cars, but the American public. They are the only big enough market that can justify making the next Monaro if they buy them when the car is rebadged as Pontiac GTO. Unfortunately it seems like the UK and Aussie markets are not big enough in themselves to justify development of a car... :dozey:

Hopefully we'll see this car one day:

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/coupe60_2150f.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/coupe60_2150f.jpg)

JSH
15th May 2008, 15:18

.... until the aforementioned "Chav mobile" darts down a narrow UK laneway...