PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypto....

pino
22nd January 2007, 13:17
Has anyone seen it ? what's like ? worth the money ? So far I've red many differents opinions about it, someone think it's a masterpiece (Danish media) others (Italian media) thinks it's a fake story and doesnt' reflect how the Maya people really were...

Storm
22nd January 2007, 13:20
Not even heard of it :erm:

pino
22nd January 2007, 13:22
Not even heard of it :erm:

Ever heard of Mel Gibson ? :p : ;)

Mark
22nd January 2007, 13:22
Watching a foreign language film with subtitles isn't my idea of fun.

However reviewers have said if you can get over that, then it's a decent enough film. However it is just an action film, the likes of Die Hard or Terminator, it's not a masterpiece.

pino
22nd January 2007, 13:25
Subtitles ? :s

Erki
22nd January 2007, 13:32

Now you know why I'm always so unhappy. :)

Mark
22nd January 2007, 13:37
Subtitles ? :s

Yeah, it's supposed to be in ancient Myan or some other nonsense. Might as well be in Danish for all the sense it would make :p

ioan
22nd January 2007, 13:47

I thought you know to read! :D

gadjo_dilo
22nd January 2007, 14:33
Everytime when a film is controversial it worth the money. :laugh:
I was a bit shocked as all I knew about maya culture was their passion and skill for astronomy, architecture, art in general but instead mr.Gibson focused on thier brutality.

Although the story is sometimes unlikely, although I've already seen the eclipse scene in an excellent polish film about egiptians, the film managed to fascinate me. Maybe it's the maya faces and costumes, the maya priest, the prophecies, the strange language, maybe the final scene that make you think that civilization brings hope but at the end everything is but an ilusion. Because the spanish ships make you think of an Apocalypto 2.

The best thing was that when I came back home I started to re-read an excellent book: History of cultures and civilizations.