PDA

View Full Version : WCC

Tazio
11th May 2008, 22:29
Ferrari appear to be starting to separate themselves from the rest of the field!
It's still early, and Massa has seemed to pass his early bad fortune onto HK
Mac is already 21points adrift of Ferrari! BMW less at 19 With fresh engines for the Reds in Monaco, I think these next two races are pivitol in the race for the WCC! Any thoughts?

1 Ferrari 63
2 BMW 44
3 McLaren 42

woody2goody
11th May 2008, 22:35
All indications point to BMW in Monaco for me. But you can't count out McLaren (traditionally good in the slow bits), and Ferrari (best car, improvedin the slow bits).

I wouldn't bet against Alonso and Trulli providing a surprise as they've both won there in the past.

I'm gonna go for a BMW win with Heidfeld. He was second there in 2005 for Williams.

1. Heidfeld
2. Hamilton
3. Kubica
4. Raikkonen
5. Kovalainen
6. Alonso
7. Massa
8. Trulli

Even though these predictions aren't shocking as such, i think the real surprise is that the top 8 could finish within 25-30 secs of each other. the driver makes a big diference in Monaco. That's why I have Alonso ahead of Massa.

Tazio
11th May 2008, 22:50
All indications point to BMW in Monaco for me. But you can't count out McLaren (traditionally good in the slow bits), and Ferrari (best car, improvedin the slow bits).

I wouldn't bet against Alonso and Trulli providing a surprise as they've both won there in the past.

I'm gonna go for a BMW win with Heidfeld. He was second there in 2005 for Williams.

1. Heidfeld
2. Hamilton
3. Kubica
4. Raikkonen
5. Kovalainen
6. Alonso
7. Massa
8. Trulli

Even though these predictions aren't shocking as such, i think the real surprise is that the top 8 could finish within 25-30 secs of each other. the driver makes a big diference in Monaco. That's why I have Alonso ahead of Massa.I like those picks! I think I might move Trulli, and Massa up a couple notches!

mstillhere
12th May 2008, 01:04
Well, everiody is talking about how Lewis got closer to Kimi but there is no mention about Massa catching up with Hamilton (they have the same points). Actually in the last couple of races Massa has been scoring more points than Kimi and Lewis. Not bad for a "second" driver. The question is" he is going to consistantly getting points or not? Hum.....

truefan72
12th May 2008, 02:23
Well, everiody is talking about how Lewis got closer to Kimi but there is no mention about Massa catching up with Hamilton (they have the same points). Actually in the last couple of races Massa has been scoring more points than Kimi and Lewis. Not bad for a "second" driver. The question is" he is going to consistantly getting points or not? Hum.....

thats the real question?

in fact, do we have the 2007 situation in reverse?
2 drivers from the same team competing head to head for the WDC, with the third from the other team lurking in the shadows?

If this keeps up, it will be interesting to see how Ferrari hanlde things. So far I like their stance, equal treatment (despite a WDC in the team) and letting them duke it out. Funny how RD got killed for this same strategy last year...anyway

Monaco looks like this for me

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Heidfeld
4. Raikkonnen
5. Webber
6. Rosberg
7. Kubica
8. Bourdais

Kovaleinen has a tough race and finishes just out of the points
Fisichella comes home 10th

Massa has an incident
Trulli just misses out on points
Piquet has an incident
Honda's suffer
Sutil might be in trouble after another poor performance
DC collides with someone

Valve Bounce
12th May 2008, 05:08
thats the real question?

in fact, do we have the 2007 situation in reverse?
2 drivers from the same team competing head to head for the WDC, with the third from the other team lurking in the shadows?

If this keeps up, it will be interesting to see how Ferrari hanlde things. So far I like their stance, equal treatment (despite a WDC in the team) and letting them duke it out. Funny how RD got killed for this same strategy last year...anyway

Monaco looks like this for me

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Heidfeld
4. Raikkonnen
5. Webber
6. Rosberg
7. Kubica
8. Bourdais

Kovaleinen has a tough race and finishes just out of the points
Fisichella comes home 10th

Massa has an incident
Trulli just misses out on points
Piquet has an incident
Honda's suffer
Sutil might be in trouble after another poor performance
DC collides with someone

...........and I suppose Kimi is stuck in the dunny during Q3 :D

aryan
12th May 2008, 05:45
Ferrari has been faster in sector 3 of Barcelona and sector 3 in Istanbul. Much faster.

These are slow and low downforce sectors, no very unlike the whole of Monaco.

Ferrari's disadvantage by having a longer wheelbase in 2007 in these sectors has completely been eliminated. You guys are all writing Ferrari off for Monaco, but I think the 2008 Ferrari is very much going to be a contender in Monaco and Montreal.

Tazio
12th May 2008, 06:27
Ferrari has been faster in sector 3 of Barcelona and sector 3 in Istanbul. Much faster.

These are slow and low downforce sectors, no very unlike the whole of Monaco.

Ferrari's disadvantage by having a longer wheelbase in 2007 in these sectors has completely been eliminated. You guys are all writing Ferrari off for Monaco, but I think the 2008 Ferrari is very much going to be a contender in Monaco and Montreal.Good point about the shortened wheel base!
I hope your right, and Ferrari smokes the field. Monaco is just so un predictable! It's really all about Quali and avoiding trouble in the race! Oh yea It helps alot to be the first car to turn one! :beer:

F1boat
12th May 2008, 11:08
It is true that Ferrari for now have the edge, but Monaco and Montreal are coming and McLaren Mercedes were really dominant there last year. In Monaco especially the race is unpredictable and I think that Fernando Alonso might do the race of his life and win the most glamorous event again. Kubica should do well if he wants to stay in the hunt for the championship, but I doubt that Heidfeld will be competitive, because he is slow in qualifying and this is crucial in Monaco.
Ferrari are in trouble ahead of this event, because their last victory there was in 2001. Then again, maybe it is time to strike back...

Tazio
12th May 2008, 12:42
It is true that Ferrari for now have the edge, but Monaco and Montreal are coming and McLaren Mercedes were really dominant there last year. In Monaco especially the race is unpredictable and I think that Fernando Alonso might do the race of his life and win the most glamorous event again. Kubica should do well if he wants to stay in the hunt for the championship, but I doubt that Heidfeld will be competitive, because he is slow in qualifying and this is crucial in Monaco.
Ferrari are in trouble ahead of this event, because their last victory there was in 2001. Then again, maybe it is time to strike back...This may be the only winnable race for Fred of the season!

jens
12th May 2008, 20:08
I agree that Ferrari would be quite probably more competitive at Monaco and Montreal than last year, but I do think they don't have such advantage on those circuits like on aero circuits. The next two rounds are decisive about WCC. If Ferrari extends their lead, then the WCC could quite probably belong to them. But I think McLaren would be quite strong in the next races. They have gradually become more competitive on aero circuits too (in Bahrain they were nowhere, but have moved forward in the last two GP weekends). BMW should be quick too, especially at Montreal, where Heidfeld finished in a comfortable second place last year. Arguably they have a good traction out of slow corners. So it would be a wonderful three-way battle in the next two Grand Prixs, but...

...you know, Safety Car may make an appearance and then the theory would count for nothing in results. :rolleyes: