PDA

View Full Version : Rally GB Route announced today....

AndyRAC
9th May 2008, 07:54
Well, what are we expecting? Will Hafren and Sweetlamb make it in? Or will it be a disappointment? I just hope it's a bit different, as the event needs a shot in the arm, it's stale and very samey. But I won't hold my breath.

Daniel
9th May 2008, 08:29
1 day around Cardiff, 1 day in North Wales and another day around Chester :p

Oh wait that's what I'm wishing for :p In truth I expect the same boring route on the same stages :)

PuddleJumper
13th May 2008, 13:22
Mid-Wales returns:
"Three stages will run during day one and feature a dedicated spectator area. In addition there will be a number of new roads to increase the challenge for drivers and viewing opportunities for spectators," read a statement from the WRGB.

"Friday's competitive route will conclude with two short spectator stages in Walters Arena, normally part of the longer Rheola Forest stage. These will be run twice in quick succession."

I hope they mean 3 stages will run twice, with a remote service somewhere nearby, otherwise it won't be worth all that road mileage. Guess we'll find out properly on June 4th.

Full story (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13052008/23/wales-rally-gb-draft-route-issued.html).

J4MIE
13th May 2008, 13:28
So Sweetlamb on Friday then. That should be good, all the drunk spectators can go there and cause all sorts of problems and if I am going this year I will go elsewhere :)

jbanbury
13th May 2008, 13:49
Getting in and out of Sweetlamb with 'thousands' of spectators will be fun ...

I'll be joining Jamie and going elsewhere.

AndyRAC
13th May 2008, 14:03
So Sweetlamb on Friday then. That should be good, all the drunk spectators can go there and cause all sorts of problems and if I am going this year I will go elsewhere :)

Not sure what to think - all that road mileage for 3 stages. Surely they'd repeat the stages - or maybe not then. It doesn't mention remote service, so I take it as 3 stages.
As for Sweetlamb - I hope the Nant Melen hairpin on the Hafren stage is used. Good spectating point.

Langdale Forest
16th May 2008, 20:36
It should be intresting. :)

6th June 2008, 03:48
there is nothing different in this road route

cosmicpanda
6th June 2008, 13:16
http://www.walesrallygb.com/64_66.php

For what it's worth, it seems that Hafren and Sweetlamb are in, twice. :)

ste898
6th June 2008, 18:09
Sme old crap as every other rally then 3 stages in the morning and suprise suprise runagain in the afternoon....
But hey Rally GB is Carbon neutral this year BIG WOW!!!!

Daniel
6th June 2008, 19:32
http://www.walesrallygb.com/64_66.php

For what it's worth, it seems that Hafren and Sweetlamb are in, twice. :)

Not bad :) At least the stages are run on Friday so I can go and won't have to deal with huge crowds.

As Ste said it's still a bit s**t though......

AndyRAC
6th June 2008, 21:03
Not bad :) At least the stages are run on Friday so I can go and won't have to deal with huge crowds.

As Ste said it's still a bit s**t though......

They're not using much of the forest then are they? Only 10 miles for Hafren and 5 for Sweetlamb. When it was used as Sweetlamb Hafren it was nearly 25 miles. Plus on the Baja Rally last year it was about 30 miles.

I know we should be grateful for small mercies but I was hoping for more from Rally GB this year.

pettersolberg29
6th June 2008, 21:12
Hoping for more, but not expecting more eh, Andy!?

I'll still go to Halfway and probably Rheola.

gazza_1388
30th July 2008, 18:34
does anyone know where the car parks will be for Myherin?