PDA

View Full Version : This new series is great II!

SarahFan
6th May 2008, 14:53
just wanted to state...

it may have some warts.....and be in need of some change.....and we are certainly going to see some growing pains along the way..

BUT IT CLEARLY BEATS THE ALTERNATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods: feel free to delete...close...or merge this thread

just felt the need to add my 2cents...and probably worth less

drewdawg727
6th May 2008, 15:22
We'll see how the ratings for indy are. That will be the deciding factor on how great the product is.

SarahFan
6th May 2008, 15:24
We'll see how the ratings for indy are. That will be the deciding factor on how great the product is.

why not decide for yourself?

garyshell
6th May 2008, 15:28

[the king's english voice mode on]

One year does not a product make.

[the king's english voice mode off]

And for that matter, the TV rating is not the ONLY measure of success. For me, the more important measure will not come until the start of next year when we see how many sponsors line up to join in. The TV ratings will have some bearing on that to be sure. But not so much as absolute numbers but trends. The sponsors are going to be looking forward by projecting the numbers ahead.

Gary

drewdawg727
6th May 2008, 16:21
If you don't have fans, you don't have series....hands down.

dataman1
6th May 2008, 16:28
Combine Gary's and Drewdawg's comments and you have mine. Race crowd attendance both at Indy and at venues outside of Indy will guage fan support and in return encourage sponsors to sign up which will buy commercials and TV time, etc..

DN5
6th May 2008, 17:00
The series has already lost me for the most part. I haven't watched a race yet, and it hasn't bothered me one bit. If there's one thing i've learned from all of this, it's not to trust anything that either side says. Seeing is believing, and once I start hearing rumblings and seeing prototypes of new cars that the rest of the world can look at without giggling, I'll start following again. Like real lawn darts, these lawn darts with wheels should be illegal.

bblocker68
6th May 2008, 17:06
All I can say is :"Let the healing begin".

F1boat
6th May 2008, 18:42
I agree with Ken. The series will great and I wish it bad luck. All the haters can go to the CCF ;)

Cart750hp
6th May 2008, 19:17
One thing that this new series has that CC didn't have was the talk of racing from the fans. CC fans, and that I include myself, were more of talk against IRL than the racing. When this one series finally got together, there's no doubt that it will be much better than CC and IRL racing combined. I've said it before that this year would be bad for the series because TG got his hands full in a short period of time just because KK/GF/PF/DP were out of money and didn't want to continue on another year. That's the only reason why the series is one today. But it surprised me that the competition was already there from the first race. And it's just gonna get better from here on. One series, one race, one sport and one open wheel racing is back in America. Manufacturers could be joining in the near future, who knows. The future is bright.

Oh man, up to this day, there are still fanatics in here? What happened to their CC now? Yep, these fanatics were slapped in the face by their own Gods: Gentillozzi, Kalkhoven, Forsythe and their own "loyalty". Must be hurtful and more hateful are coming out from them. Good luck guys.

BenRoethig
6th May 2008, 21:20
If you don't have fans, you don't have series....hands down.

I'd give it at least two years, but things are looking positive so far.