PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP - For intelligent fans

Faster1
4th May 2008, 09:05
First - Moderator - "Back Off" - DON"T CLOSE MY THREAD !
Second - Corny - Great fan, but not much insite or knowledge
Third - I was Correct (as posted)- Rossi = Now or Never!

On to the business - As I posted

The Kaw is terrible, Hopkins is uber fast
The Ducati = Great Motor crap Chassis PERIOD,, Disagree means you just don't know .. Melandri made a mistake by joining the Duc. He is far too tallented to be riding the Duc.
Rossi was and is the best rider ever. But Lorenzo is probably the fastst this year. Why, (I am a student of technique) 3 years ago, Rossi shifted his weight much more forward and lower than today. Look at Lorenzo,,, he has that same "early" Rossi style i.e. more forward and lower in the turns. I watched Hayden in American Superbike years ago, when he had the same winning technique. He would typically wear out is ELBOW padding. Today, Hayden does not ride that aggressivly any longer. He will be lucky to win 1 race this year. The last point,, The best quality about Rossi that no one else has shown is that he is the best at riding around the faults of a crappy bike. Other riders are faster on a perfect bike (Edwards) Rossi is god on a bike with tires that are spent (used up). (more than half way through a race) that's why he is the fasted.,,, The master of slide.

China - prooved my points.

Hey Corny ,,, add China 08 to your collection of great races (up until 5 :s mokin: laps remaining)
Learn from me later ,, Accurate predictions for the Champion standing on the next thread,, stay tuned!

Mach24
4th May 2008, 09:59
WOW! You are so insightful.

Most of your 'earth shattering' views had been discussed to death, last year.

By the way, taking a high corner speed 800 by the scruff of the neck and riding lets say like a 990 will not achieve the best result. Smooth is fast in 800cc MotoGP!

And I have not studied technique, but I have raced bikes!

maxu05
4th May 2008, 12:38
Time for another pipe dude :D

ChrisS
4th May 2008, 15:42
Wow, thanks I learned so much :rolleyes:

patnicholls
4th May 2008, 16:43
Firstly, welcome to the forums, Faster1.

Secondly, you've set two records: 1) by being the first ever non-spam poster I've banned in the bike racing section. 2) by managing to achieve that 'distinction' within a day of joining the forums. Bravo. :p

Let's have a quick run-down of why you're banned:

-you re-posted a closed thread on topics that have been discussed in depth in other threads. Moderators close threads to keep the boards in order and avoid the same things being duplicated. You duplicated your own thread of stuff already covered anyway, which is a double duplication - not on.

-secondly, as any user new to a forum it's up to you to get used to the forum, what's on it, and other users. There are plenty of intelligent and knowledgable fans on here, and indeed some folk who work in racing. Posting a thread title 'MotoGP - for intelligent fans' shows a total ignorance of what this board and the people on it are all about - as if you've somehow swept in to enlighten us on things we didn't know. You're mistaken in that respect, as the posts above me will attest to.

-You insulted a well-liked and respected member of these boards, Corny. Attacking any poster (rather than the content of the post) is not on, and attacking a regular on these boards who is liked by everyone is definitely not on.

-telling a moderator to 'back off' is an instant ban, we're here to keep the boards in order. I started off as a regular punter on here four years ago and about 18 months/two years ago was promoted up because people thought I was the guy to keep things in order, after building up a decent reputation. When you've been on the boards a day, you don't have any reputation and have to earn it. Attacking the people who run the boards is not the way to go.

So there we are.

I'll close & delete this thread shortly.

Pat