PDA

View Full Version : danica in the british press....

BobGarage
3rd May 2008, 15:37
up until now there hasd been little mention of Danica in the Uk press, only a paragrahh or two after her win and apart from that nothing else.

But today the Daily Mirror has a full page article on Danica and a possible test with Honda in F1. Nothing new in the article, just a quote from Nick Fry saying he'd like to talk to her about a test. But it does also say if she wants an F1 ride the team would expect her to do a full year as a test driver before she got a race seat.

xtlm
3rd May 2008, 19:20
link?

beachbum
3rd May 2008, 20:46
link?Just Google "danica patrick british". You will find lots of links. Take your pick.

Gluaistean
4th May 2008, 14:58
This Danica Patrick mania is driving me nuts. I'll allow for the fact that she would a race but anyone that does not think/believe she has a huge amount of look and fortuitous luck on her side is kidding me.
Were all the engineers on the other teams asleep?
Testing an F1 car. Give me a break. Where is Dixon, Kanaan (old I know) Castro-Neves, or Will Power and wait, give Justin Wilson (my fav) a test. He acquitted himself well at a mediocore team like Jaguar when he had an opportunity.
Patrick is nothing more that a somewhat attractive woman that can sell ad space generate interest without having a personality.

BobGarage
4th May 2008, 18:21
link?

i have no link as it was in a printed version of the Daily Mirror that i read yesterday

ChrisS
4th May 2008, 23:32
i have no link as it was in a printed version of the Daily Mirror that i read yesterday

This is what is on their website and its title "Danica Patrick offered talks to become first female driver in F1" shows how much they bothered to do research for the article.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2008/05/03/danica-patrick-offered-talks-to-become-first-female-driver-in-f1-89520-20403477/

harvick#1
5th May 2008, 00:04
this article is actually quite funny.

she wins on a oval from fuel milage and is an instant F1 ready star. if Button can't even get a 10th in a Honda, Danica will be about 2 seconds slower than Super Aguri

JSH
5th May 2008, 19:54
Danica will be about 2 seconds slower than Super Aguri

So does that mean she'll get barred from entering the gate 2 seconds after Aguri? :p

Gluaistean
11th May 2008, 04:30
This Danica Patrick mania is driving me nuts. I'll allow for the fact that she would a race but anyone that does not think/believe she has a huge amount of look and fortuitous luck on her side is kidding me.
Were all the engineers on the other teams asleep?
Testing an F1 car. Give me a break. Where is Dixon, Kanaan (old I know) Castro-Neves, or Will Power and wait, give Justin Wilson (my fav) a test. He acquitted himself well at a mediocre team like Jaguar when he had an opportunity.
Patrick is nothing more that a somewhat attractive woman that can sell ad space generate interest without having a personality.

I apologize for the bad spelling and grammar.

Randy_L
11th May 2008, 20:37
I respect Danica Patrick for not wanting to participate in a “publicity stunt”. She is obviously good enough that she should be able to peruse a motorsports career track, and succeed or fail on her own merit without being unduly glamorized. But unfortunately, I think the scheme is more complicated than a mere publicity stunt. Also bothersome is that she doesn’t seem to realize how slim her chances were to even be in an IRL car without being exploited for her marketing potential. When I think of how hard some of her male counterparts had to work to get where they are it makes me crazy to think she is actually beginning to believe her press. In my opinion, she does not demonstrate anything like the necessary credentials for F1 consideration. But I guess I’m not Bernie Ecclestone.

It was bad enough when the old IRL began hyping DP as a means of implementing the old theory of the pork chop around the neck of the ugly child to get the dog to play with it. At least when virtually nobody cared about the IRL this actually made sense, even though it was pathetic. Now F1 is obviously thinking of stealing that moniker. Is F1 formerly the pinnacle of motorsport, now vying to become most expensive cliché on wheels? Apparently, yes. They keep losing touch with their European roots, and choosing instead to race in such obscure places as Bahrain, Istanbul, and China, following the money around the globe like a whore. Now they want to steal the IRLs biggest star after only one oval win?

Head’s up Danica! This is not a publicity stunt. This is a full blown Milli Vanilli. What is motorsport coming to?