PDA

View Full Version : 2nd car for bmw dealer team?

norwichsam1
2nd May 2008, 13:17
just wondering if mat jackson was still in with a chance of the title later in the season would bmw dealer team try to get a second car out to support his bid? Don't know if the team still have last years car or if there would be any chance of renting one from somewhere but with no team mate it seems jackson has a big disadvantage compared to his potential title rivals.

AndySpeed
2nd May 2008, 14:05
Essentially the team is still Jacksons Motorsport (set up to race Mat Jackson), with support and "branding" from BMW Dealer UK, so I doubt that would ever happen.

norwichsam1
2nd May 2008, 14:27
yeah i realise that, but wasn't sure if they still had the car they ran last year and if so would bmw (or any other sponsor) be willing to stump up the cash in order to get the car out to back up mat's challenge. Such as the rbm team did for andy priaulx in wtcc when they hav run a second car at macau in the past. I know as a factory backed team it is different to jackson's set up but just a thought all the same!

tisme
7th May 2008, 01:24
Essentially the team is still Jacksons Motorsport (set up to race Mat Jackson), with support and "branding" from BMW Dealer UK, so I doubt that would ever happen.

If that is correct.. WHY was BMW organising and providing Jacksons hospitality at Donington? AND the top man from BMW seemed to have his own seat?

If you believe Jackson Motorsport does not have 'significant works backing', then there is no help for you!

Personally, I think this 'BMW Dealer' label is a front!

AndySpeed
11th May 2008, 15:19
I take back what I said earlier as I recently found this article

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/news/article.asp?NewsID=3370

cos
11th May 2008, 15:56
If that is correct.. WHY was BMW organising and providing Jacksons hospitality at Donington? AND the top man from BMW seemed to have his own seat?

If you believe Jackson Motorsport does not have 'significant works backing', then there is no help for you!

Personally, I think this 'BMW Dealer' label is a front!

There's no FBMW this year so BMW are using Jacksons space for their hospitality etc.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th May 2008, 17:35
It would be really good for the championship if they could get Priaulx to race in a 2nd car at rounds that don't clash with the WTCC.

Marc W
11th May 2008, 17:52
I take back what I said earlier as I recently found this article

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/news/article.asp?NewsID=3370

That's an old article though and I'd heard that they'd sold Mat's car from last season.

tisme
12th May 2008, 02:36
There's no FBMW this year so BMW are using Jacksons space for their hospitality etc.
WHY Jacksons??

There are two other BMW teams in the paddock!

Marc W
12th May 2008, 10:08
Well they couldn't really use Team RAC as they already have hospitality for RAC and it doesn't really leave room for anymore, so it would have been a choice between Jacksons and Motorbase and I guess they decided that Jacksons motorsport were their best option.

tyreman2
12th May 2008, 18:38
That's an old article though and I'd heard that they'd sold Mat's car from last season.

The car is still for sale