PDA

View Full Version : Dario/Nascar

AGRfan
30th April 2008, 11:50
I wonder how Ms Judd feels about Nascar now that her sweet Dario got hurt . I don't remember him getting that hurt in a Indycars. I can't see Dario in Nascar that long.

MarcoCheever
30th April 2008, 12:12
I agree

I think Kenny Schrader is in the stock car this week filling for Dario, the car will do great.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dario at Indy in May

gm99
30th April 2008, 12:13
Well, Dario did have a pretty nasty accident in testing prior to the 2000 Champ Car season, where he fractured his pelvis and was forced to miss some races.

I agree however that Dario may be pushing his luck a little - he was very lucky not have injured himself in the flips he had last season and maybe should have called it a day after finally winning both the Indy 500 and the championship, especially as I doubt he will ever raise above the mid-field in NASCAR.

EagleEye
30th April 2008, 13:57
I wonder how Ms Judd feels about Nascar now that her sweet Dario got hurt . I don't remember him getting that hurt in a Indycars. I can't see Dario in Nascar that long.

Dario broke his pelvis at Homestead during spring training back in Champcar...and Ashley had to be restrained from running across the track. He also was on the lucky end of two very nasty crashes last year as well.

Statistically, NASCAR drivers get hurt less than open wheel drivers. But, any hit at speed, especially Dario's getting in in the driver side, would be pretty bad. We know too well what happens when an open wheel car spears another in the side, don't we...

NASCAR $$>Indycar $$ and until that changes, you'll have drivers going "south" to make a living.

nigelred5
1st May 2008, 17:27
Well, Dario did have a pretty nasty accident in testing prior to the 2000 Champ Car season, where he fractured his pelvis and was forced to miss some races.

I agree however that Dario may be pushing his luck a little - he was very lucky not have injured himself in the flips he had last season and maybe should have called it a day after finally winning both the Indy 500 and the championship, especially as I doubt he will ever raise above the mid-field in NASCAR.

Like EE said though, Dario will make more money as a mid packer in Nascar than he would as the series and Indy 500 champion in Indycars.

AGRfan
3rd May 2008, 16:36
Like EE said though, Dario will make more money as a mid packer in Nascar than he would as the series and Indy 500 champion in Indycars.

Like Dario needs more money. He was the highest paid Indy driver in the IRL for the last 5 years. 4 of the years he did nothing. He was a mid-packer in the IRL except on the roadcourses. Then lastyear he finally woke up and earned he millions. He might be making more money , but i don't think it's that much more because Chip in cheap. So he is making alittle more money and having to work(race) twice as much and he still a midpacker. Just like the first 4-5 yrs he was in the IRL.

He went to nascar because Ms Judd told him too. She must be like "Why don't they have me on TV every two seconds like the IRL did"

Thank God they went to Nascar. They NEVER wanted to be in the IRL anyways.

NickFalzone
3rd May 2008, 17:59
Like Dario needs more money. He was the highest paid Indy driver in the IRL for the last 5 years. 4 of the years he did nothing. He was a mid-packer in the IRL except on the roadcourses. Then lastyear he finally woke up and earned he millions. He might be making more money , but i don't think it's that much more because Chip in cheap. So he is making alittle more money and having to work(race) twice as much and he still a midpacker. Just like the first 4-5 yrs he was in the IRL.

He went to nascar because Ms Judd told him too. She must be like "Why don't they have me on TV every two seconds like the IRL did"

Thank God they went to Nascar. They NEVER wanted to be in the IRL anyways.

I could be wrong, but I don't even know that Dario wants to race in NASCAR for the rest of his career. Do we really expect him to be around in NASCAR for the long run? Even if his results improve, I think he'll be around another year or two before going into sports car racing like his brother. This was an opportunity for Chip and Dario to cash in when the sponsor money was hot. It sounds cynical, but I just don't think his heart is in becoming a great NASCAR driver. If he starts getting top 15s by the end of the season, perhaps. But to expect guys like Hornish & Dario to straight out become top stock car drivers even in 2-3 years is wildly optimistic.