PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Cup Race Thread

Jonesi
30th April 2008, 03:21
46 cars entered. Second of 5 impound races this year.
Top 35: Mark Martin in #8.
GOGH full time: #21 Bill Elliott, #40 Ken Schrader
Part Time: #33 RCR Scott Wimmer.

Jonesi
1st May 2008, 21:25
Now it's Jon Wood in #21 and Sterling Marlin has been added in #09.

Jonesi
2nd May 2008, 23:59
Richmond Cup Grid:
11 DENNY HAMLIN
8 MARK MARTIN
1 MARTIN TRUEX JR
10 PATRICK CARPENTIER
41 REED SORENSON
42 JUAN MONTOYA
18 KYLE BUSCH
19 ELLIOTT SADLER
9 KASEY KAHNE
12 RYAN NEWMAN
--
29 KEVIN HARVICK
48 JIMMIE JOHNSON
6 DAVID RAGAN
44 DAVID REUTIMANN
20 TONY STEWART
5 CASEY MEARS
22 DAVE BLANEY
84 AJ ALLMENDINGER
99 CARL EDWARDS
26 JAMIE McMURRAY
--
2 KURT BUSCH
88 DALE EARNHARDT JR
16 GREG BIFFLE
17 MATT KENSETH
15 PAUL MENARD
01 REGAN SMITH
55 MICHAEL WALTRIP
24 JEFF GORDON
00 MICHAEL McDOWELL
66 SCOTT RIGGS
--
07 CLINT BOWYER
83 BRIAN VICKERS
31 JEFF BURTON
28 TRAVIS KVAPIL
77 SAM HORNISH JR
78 JOE NEMECHEK
70 JOHNNY SAUTER
7 ROBBY GORDON
43 BOBBY LABONTE
38 DAVID GILLILAND
--
09 STERLING MARLIN
45 KYLE PETTY
96 J.J. YELEY

DNQ (For those that don't like "Top 35" the 4 DNQ were the 4 slowest cars.)
40 KEN SCHRADER
33 SCOTT WIMMER
34 JOHN ANDRETTI
21 JON WOOD

NickFalzone
3rd May 2008, 04:03
Wasn't Schrader in for Franchitti? Another DNQ and it's going to be tough to get back in the top 35 this season.

harvick#1
3rd May 2008, 06:20
Wasn't Schrader in for Franchitti? Another DNQ and it's going to be tough to get back in the top 35 this season.

yeah, I would've thunk Stremme would've still been a better fit.

but with Carpentier and Montoya in the front, this should be a very interesting start

DazzlaF1
3rd May 2008, 11:20
yeah, I would've thunk Stremme would've still been a better fit.

but with Carpentier and Montoya in the front, this should be a very interesting start

Yep, but i think Penske wanted him dropped to prevent Hornish dropping out of the top 35 (maybe Stremme's performance at Talladega scared him a tad)

harvick#1
3rd May 2008, 15:25
didn't know Penske and Ganassi have formed an allience to allow which driver gets in

dwboogityfan
3rd May 2008, 17:09
Great to see Old Sterling make another race. Shame to see Kenny miss but perhaps it shows Dario isn't the big problem.

Simmi
3rd May 2008, 17:40
didn't know Penske and Ganassi have formed an allience to allow which driver gets in

Its not smart to let your own employee demote one of your drivers out of the top 35 though. I'm surprised Penske actually let Stremme race, given the performance he put in the night before in the Nationwide race.

Jonesi
4th May 2008, 00:16

There's four of them, Penske and Ganassi are in the one called Dodge teams.

BobbyC
4th May 2008, 04:20
If you're not familiar with the #07's sponsor, it's Branch Bank and Trust (NYSE : BBT), a North Carolina bank based in Winston-Salem, NC (where Reynolds Tobacco is based).

harvick#1
4th May 2008, 04:22
THANK YOU Mr. Busch :laugh: :up:

oh JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYNER

WTG Clint, RCR gets another win and again all three in the top 11.

poor Denny, he was unstoppable, so sad he cut a tire

harvick#1
4th May 2008, 04:41
just would like to say that Nascar has its newest Intimidator.

people like him, people hate him, hes got the balls to race anything. not afraid to battle anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Kyle is now my 4th favorite driver. and his quote was awesome saying "everything isn't always about Jr" :D

NickFalzone
4th May 2008, 04:51
I cringed when it happened but saw it coming half a lap away. Jr was just not giving up his spot for anything and that stubbornness almost cost both of them the race. Like Busch said in the post race he might have come up, but Jr also gave him zero room and was lower than his usual line. Jr crashed himself so the crowds wouldn't see Busch pass him clean, end of story.

Sparky1329
4th May 2008, 05:54

people like him, people hate him, hes got the balls to race anything. not afraid to battle anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Kyle is now my 4th favorite driver. and his quote was awesome saying "everything isn't always about Jr" :D

Ugh. Wash your mouth out on that Intimidator thing.

Kyle was talking about Pidge the crew member....not Jr. Maybe you need to wash your ears out too. :p

djarumdudley
4th May 2008, 08:12

for the most i absolutely agree with you. it's still a bit early to slap 'the new Intimidator' tag on Busch though. he's balls out with winning as his only objective, but he's lacking the fear factor of the other competitors. drivers feared seeing the black bumper of the #3 in their mirror. until i hear drivers refering to Kyle Busch's car in the same manner i can't quite christen him the new Intimidator.

he is well on is way though. it does appear that Nascar has finally gotten that 'bad guy' driver it has so desperately needed. since Earnhardt Sr passed the sport sorely lacked a long term villain. that is something every sport needs. this is a role Kyle Busch can thrive and grow in. boos don't matter to him, wins do.

on a side note, did anyone think the racing for the lead was shades of North Wilkesboro '89 between Earnhardt Sr and Ricky Rudd? seemed as Busch commited to the same early entry low line maneuver that Rudd made in that race.

ms0362
4th May 2008, 14:48
Team Orders? - All you Joonyer fans should be ticked at Hamlin. He knew his tire was going down, and when it went he came to stop. Conveniently causing a caution and blowing Earnhardt's large lead over Hamlin's Toyota teammate Busch. I am soooo sick and tired of GWC finishes.

Alexamateo
4th May 2008, 15:57
^^^

Nascar thought so they parked Hamlin for two laps.

harvick#1
4th May 2008, 16:34
I find all these article funny how everyone should feel so sorry for Jooyner.

Jooyner has gotten just as smug as Danica and feels everyone needs to get out of his way. guess what Jooyner, Kyle went for the win, he got loose after being pinched. what do you think was gonna happen.

if you should really feel who got screwed, it was Hamlin, he led all but 1 lap (AJ stayed out to lead a lap under caution) and not one driver passed him, only to have a flat tire with a handful of laps left.

Hamlin stopped on the track because he just past pitroad when the tire blew, it was a safety issue, he could only go about 35 when everyone was going 100-150, real safe :rolleyes: there were no team orders.

ShadowCar
4th May 2008, 20:28
I find all these article funny how everyone should feel so sorry for Jooyner.

Jooyner has gotten just as smug as Danica and feels everyone needs to get out of his way. guess what Jooyner, Kyle went for the win, he got loose after being pinched. what do you think was gonna happen.

if you should really feel who got screwed, it was Hamlin, he led all but 1 lap (AJ stayed out to lead a lap under caution) and not one driver passed him, only to have a flat tire with a handful of laps left.

Hamlin stopped on the track because he just past pitroad when the tire blew, it was a safety issue, he could only go about 35 when everyone was going 100-150, real safe :rolleyes: there were no team orders.

What is it about Havawreck fans? They're obsessed with trying to run Junior down continually. You read the Havawreck board and they continually have their panties in a knot about something about Junior. It's very strange behavior. You are constantly posting some kinda crap about him. Weird. Why such insecurity about your driver?

As for Hamlin, he STOPPED on the track after he had gone around a number of laps KNOWING he had a tire going down. That's ok, though. :rolleyes:

Scrubs wasn't in the same zipcode with Junior until Hamlin pulled his bonehead move. You feel sorry for Hamlin but not for Junior who got wrecked by Scrubs. Scrubs knew the only way he was going to win was to wreck Junior.

If Scrubs is that great, he would've waited and raced him cleanly but it's hard to see with your head up your azz....that's the way he drives.

harvick#1
4th May 2008, 22:12
I'm not a jr fan because is his same Smug attitude Danica Patrick and Jimmie Johnson have. that you know who I am, so let me by cause your a nobody

Hamlin felt a tire going down, they even showed in the race and DW was debating whether is was just low pressure or down. Denny tried to hold it as long as possible. unfortunately, if blew right after he passed pitroad

I didn't know Harvick is in so many wrecks, hense maybe he has the longest streak is finishes, in fact hes gonna break his own record soon. the accident was the same as the one at Bristol when he got into Stewart.
as for Kyle, what was he suppose to do, he was in the lead in the backstretch and jr came down on him, Kyle always drives loose and took all teh air from him. ITS a Racing Accident, (oh yeah only Idiot redneck Jr. fans are the only ones to throw **** all over the track when there driver gets taken out, by a racing accident) all you hear from the Fox guys is jr, this, jr that, well he hasn't won anything in 2 years.

Rapier Racer
4th May 2008, 22:44
When your not a fan of him and all you hear and see constantly is Dale Jr this Dale Jr that it gets real tiresome. It seems that his 'nation' of assclowns can act however they wish and its acceptable but another drivers fans get bitchy about Jr thats just, out of line!!

If the situation had been the reverse it wouldnt have been an issue now would it? More like OOPS Busch got wrecked, Jr was only doin his job, Busch deserves it hahah, where do I toss my beer can now?

Maybe NASCAR should mandate some new rules, scratch the 88 and loose 100 points, wreck him and we'll fine you 200,000 dollers and make sure you miss 6 races.

ms0362
5th May 2008, 18:35
^^^

Nascar thought so they parked Hamlin for two laps.

He should have gotten a lot more. Like a parking ticket for Darlington. His
actions were deliberate and obvious. I am neither friend or foe of Jr, but he was going to win that race and would have had Hamlin not pulled this stunt.

Sparky1329
5th May 2008, 20:39
He should have gotten a lot more. Like a parking ticket for Darlington. His
actions were deliberate and obvious. I am neither friend or foe of Jr, but he was going to win that race and would have had Hamlin not pulled this stunt.

I'll second that. I'm not a Jr fan, per se, but Hamlin pulled a blatant stunt with that move.

It was also nice to see Mikey parked for drilling Casey. That shut DW up for a few seconds which was a bonus.

PitMarshal
5th May 2008, 21:08
When your not a fan of him and all you hear and see constantly is Dale Jr this Dale Jr that it gets real tiresome.

I couldn't agree more. Hasn't won a race for two years (unless you count the Duel), and he's supposedly the best thing since sliced bread.

Except you'd think that someone of his experience would know that if you push down on someone, and there's nowhere for them to go (ignorng the fact that Kyle likes a loose car, which all the 'Joonyer' fans are conveniently forgetting) then they're going to turn you around...

jeffmr2
7th May 2008, 15:03
In fairness to Jr he didnt mouth off too badly after the race,maybe he's got a better memory than his fans and Kansas last year was still on his mind.
Kyle got a little loose but also Jr was putting the squeeze on him,it was a shame jr spun out but it was just good hard racing.Again i dont think the media have helped with Waltrip initially saying about Kyle turning right into Jr,implying it was deliberate.At least Kyle had the balls to go for it and hasnt let the yob mob culture of Jr fans get to him and affect his racing.

harvick#1
7th May 2008, 19:33
I'll second that. I'm not a Jr fan, per se, but Hamlin pulled a blatant stunt with that move.

Bristol comes to mind when Jr spun himself out going about 30 MPH to get a caution, before getting lapped. Jr. can't complain because hes done it too

ghostdancing
7th May 2008, 19:55
Whatever happened between Jr and Kyle is in the past now.

But what I will remember most is DW's reaction, just awesome !!!

'Oh he turned him, Oh he turned him, NO, NO, nooooo.......'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aayP75-5I-Y&feature=related

Real emotion from a great guy !

ms0362
7th May 2008, 22:27
Bristol comes to mind when Jr spun himself out going about 30 MPH to get a caution, before getting lapped. Jr. can't complain because hes done it too

Same action. Different intentions.

ms0362
7th May 2008, 22:32
It was also nice to see Mikey parked for drilling Casey. That shut DW up for a few seconds which was a bonus.[/QUOTE]

DW -"Are those cars hooked-up on each other?" Switch to in car camera, replay of crash (sound-MW/'s motor pegs), back to DW...(silence - crickets chirp)

Sparky1329
8th May 2008, 03:59
It was also nice to see Mikey parked for drilling Casey. That shut DW up for a few seconds which was a bonus.

DW -"Are those cars hooked-up on each other?" Switch to in car camera, replay of crash (sound-MW/'s motor pegs), back to DW...(silence - crickets chirp)

:D :up:

harvick#1
8th May 2008, 06:13
Whatever happened between Jr and Kyle is in the past now.

But what I will remember most is DW's reaction, just awesome !!!

'Oh he turned him, Oh he turned him, NO, NO, nooooo.......'

Real emotion from a great guy !

it was like

Oh he turned him, :bigcry: Oh he turned him, :bigcry: NO, NO, nooooo....... :bigcry:

and Bowyer to the lead :D that was the greatest thing Joy said all day

on topic

Daivd Poole is the man :up:
http://www.thatsracin.com/topstories/story/13769.html