PDA

View Full Version : UK Car Insurance

viper_man
20th January 2007, 14:14
If at some point in there life someone has made a can insurance claim, in the future when getting cover for a different car would they simply be able to 'forget' that they made a previous claim, so as to keep insurance down?

bowler
20th January 2007, 18:57
you could lie, but if you got caught (after a crash) and were found out, you would have no cover. could be expensive.

jim mcglinchey
20th January 2007, 18:59
Nah, those buggers have it covered every way. I think they have a data base with your insurance history on it, and while you may get away with a little fib to keep your premium down, what you really need to worry about is if you have an accident and they investigate your details to find a way for them to avoid having to pay up.

jim mcglinchey
20th January 2007, 19:01
Bowler, you just beat me to the draw there!

BeansBeansBeans
21st January 2007, 20:38
With any form of insurance, it's always best to be 100% honest.

CarlMetro
22nd January 2007, 01:25
With any form of insurance, it's always best to be 100% honest.

Yep, I'd agree with that too.

I a bloke I used to work with 'forgot' to tell his insurance company that he had collected 6 points on his licence for two minor speeding offences. He then had a minorish prang and went to make a claim which was rejected because they had checked his licence details. He also had real problems in getting further insurance due to his policy being cancelled.

Mark
22nd January 2007, 08:11
Yup, they don't bother to check when you are giving them your money. But you can bet your life they'll try any tactic possible to get out of making a payout. Any little detail on your application, even if it didn't affect the price, would be reason for them to withhold payment. So don't do it!

Donney
22nd January 2007, 11:42
I don't how it works there but here there's a databese called CICOS SYSTEM where all your insurance history is kept so the companies always check your license and your cars before giving you a price. On the other hand you have to be guilty of two accidents before they rise your price or considere you not "insurable"