PDA

View Full Version : Might be going to Long Beach! Info Needed!!

bennybigb
17th April 2008, 23:49
Hey Guys,

I am trying to put together a last minute deal to go to Long Beach, Dale Coyne Style :) . What do you guys reccomend? I should rent a car, right? Is there much parking around the track? What about Lodging? It's pretty late to be putting this together....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Ben

Long Live ChampCar!

Osiris333
18th April 2008, 01:23
There's plenty of parking. Just take the 110 off the 405 and follow the signs. You can find a hotel anywhere. They're pricier around the airport. Staying in LB is good. If not, try the other beach cities or look for soemthing in Palos Verdes. Do not stay in Lomita or Carson or obviously Compton.

Get a GA ticket for Friday and Saturday and walk around.

Rogelio
18th April 2008, 02:46
1. There is essentially no parking at the track. If you park downtown you will pay about $20 or so dollars a day. I always park for free on the sidestreets. East of Alamitos on Broadway and on the sidestreets there is free parking on the street and it is FREE. I have been parking there for the past 10 years and I have never had a problem. You just have to drive and look. Hey a little exercise can not hurt.
2. If you want to save money, do not stay in DOWNTOWN. Surely, you are closer to the track, but you will pay a fortune. I usually stay in Sunset Beach at the Motor Inn 777 (714)846-5561. You will pay 1/2 the price you will in LB that weekend. Nice bars and restaurants as well. It is only a 15 minute drive up PCH to the race.

As I give you all this information, it saddens me because I am off to the Rosarito to Ensenada Bike Race. Oh well...hope it works out for you. And have a nice cold Tecate for me at the race, as well as a picture with the Tecate girls. Go PT, but then again, to hell with Forsythe. Jimmy Vasser show them that you still know how to drive like the old days.

pits4me
18th April 2008, 04:01
Park at Wardlow and 405 near Pacific Ave. FREE! Take the Blue Line to Downtown for a few bucks.Or find a Hotel in the Belmont Shore area and take the shuttle to the track -- its FREE.

bennybigb
18th April 2008, 15:12
Thanks for all of the help and advice. I am hopeful of being there on Saturday and Sunday. It sounds like a great time!

gloomyDAY
19th April 2008, 03:08
I'll be there tomorrow.
I'm going to my Toyota dealership to get 2 tickets for $70!

Thanks for the advice in here everyone. Have a great time.