PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Festival of Speed

pettersolberg29
17th April 2008, 22:11
I am thinking of going this year, but due to arrangements already made, the only day I can go is Friday.

I just wondered if WRC fans thought Friday is a good day to visit i.e. is the forest stage open and are the paddocks visitable?

Any advice welcome!

sal
17th April 2008, 22:21
Best day to go IMO. Now always head down for the Friday. Full stage in progress and the WRC cars usually get two runs on the hill aswell. Less busy so you get a better view.

pettersolberg29
17th April 2008, 22:27
Cheaper as well isn't it?

Do you get just an admission ticket, or a granstand ticket?

wrc_flipper
18th April 2008, 12:54
I'm going for the weekend - usually good on Friday as its less packed, but just called up about caravan and campervan pitches and its £170 for Thurs - Mon.
Will have to parkup in a lay-by or field! :)

MrJan
18th April 2008, 13:22
The one thing with Friday is that ocassionally you don't get some cars and often the big name drivers don't turn up (in general not just rallying)

I've been the the FoS 4 or 5 times but that is enough for me now. Firstly it was starting to get too busy (always went on Saturday). Secondly I'd seen the majority of the cars before and had a John PLayer Special overload. Now I much prefer to spent my money going to the Revival or (as is he case this year) the Le Mans Classic :D :D where there is proper racing.

As far as camping goes the car parks are usually open and you can just drive in and park up. Apart from being free you also have the benefit of being able to get up and just walk in to the house :up: Edit: Not literally into the house ;)

pettersolberg29
18th April 2008, 18:01
I emailed the FoS, and they said that EVERY rally car present over the weekend will do the run on the forest stage twice on Friday as well, so hopefully that'll be true.

GridGirl
21st April 2008, 22:33
The Rally stage was open all weekend whe I went in 2005. All the cars that participate are usually garaged, if thats the right word up there too.

306 Cosworth
21st April 2008, 22:52
I'm looking at going for the first year this year :D I thought with the rally stage you could have as many runs as you want? Knowing my lcuk i'll miss the Peugeot Cosworth on both runs if they're only allowed 2 runs!

GridGirl
29th April 2008, 21:15
Just buy a programme to see what times the rally stages are on. They run a few times a day. I'm pretty sure the Goodwood website lists full timetables nearer the event.

306 Cosworth
29th April 2008, 22:41
Ok thanks :D

pettersolberg29
10th May 2008, 19:56
Does anyone know if the WRC drivers join their teams - i.e. does Mikko or Petter go with Ford and Subaru respectively?

pettersolberg29
31st May 2008, 11:26
Just got my tickets for Friday!

If anyone's interested, Petter, Chris and Markko are going with Subaru, while Mikko is going with Ford. The Suzuki and Stobart drivers are unconfirmed.

Doon
2nd June 2008, 10:33
from the Goodwood FOS site;

Andy Burton, hero of British rallying, will be in action on the Forest Rally Stage over the weekend, in his unique Peugeot-Cosworth.

Hopefully that will be the Friday, as thats when i'm goin!? He's giving the prize ride, to the lucky marshall who won it on the draw for the Severn Valley Rally, on the Saturday.

MJW
2nd June 2008, 11:25
Subaru drivers are as follows -
Friday - Markko Martin
Saturday - Petter Solberg
Sunday - Chris Atkinson

pettersolberg29
2nd June 2008, 16:56
^ How gutting...

No offence to Markko, but I was praying we were going to see Petter... :(

pettersolberg29
2nd June 2008, 16:58
^ p.s. I'm going on Friday

Tomi
2nd June 2008, 17:16
^ How gutting...

No offence to Markko, but I was praying we were going to see Petter... :(

Why is that?

MrJan
2nd June 2008, 23:30
Yeah I actually think that Markko is the better driver even if Petter is more flamboyant and better with the cameras etc.

pettersolberg29
3rd June 2008, 14:05
Hint: My name!

But after a bit of serious thought I realised you are probably right, and I've never seen Martin before, so first time for everything.

Tomi
3rd June 2008, 14:07
Hint: My name!

But after a bit of serious thought I realised you are probably right, and I've never seen Martin before, so first time for everything.

Is your name the same as the drivers?

pettersolberg29
4th June 2008, 11:42
;) NO!

But seriously, Petter is the most fun to watch, even if not the best driver.

5th June 2008, 08:21
I think its the best to go Friday, as to see the Forest stage and it would be gifted for all WRC fans

pettersolberg29
18th June 2008, 14:05
Anyone know the F1 drivers attending?

This is what I know so far:

McLaren - Hamilton
Ferrari - Gene
BMW -
Williams -
Red Bull - Buemi
Honda - Button + Wurz
Toyota -

I've heard all those teams are going - but can anyone fill the gaps?

306 Cosworth
23rd June 2008, 14:08
Anyone got a spare ticket they don't want? :p :

Alink2
14th July 2008, 09:43
I sat with Chris Atkinson on his first run through the stage on Sunday afternoon in the new 08 car.

Chris is a thoroughly nice guy and spent the whole day smiling and willing to chat, as did all personnel from SWRT.

Unfortunately, we clouted a bank in the stage and got a puncture. If anyone has any photos of it could they please pm me.

Many thanks

Paul
[email:263plxrm]paul@myrallyresults.com[/email:263plxrm]

Rallyst3ve
14th July 2008, 12:20
Did Andy Burton compete at Goodwood this yr????

306 Cosworth
15th July 2008, 22:45
Yes he did :)

This is the only video I can find though :(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpnwP55wDt4

Rallyst3ve
16th July 2008, 10:40
Yeah there's not many video's from the rally stage this year for some reason :(

WRCfan
16th July 2008, 12:34
Seemingly because every photoset on the web is 50% dominated by the Lewis Hamilton fever that was at the event. I would rather have met Bjorn Waldegard and Hannu Mikkola! haha