PDA

View Full Version : Franck Montagny, long beach, Forsythe Racing next year

evo5_mat
15th April 2008, 16:50
Montagny targets 2009 IndyCar drive

By Andrew van de Burgt & Steven English Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 15:05 GMT

Franck Montagny is aiming for a strong showing in the Champ Car race at Long Beach this weekend, and hopes to enter IndyCar with Forsythe Racing next season.

The former grand prix driver had signed up to contest Champ Car with Forsythe this year, but lost his drive when the series reunified with the IRL and the team dropped out.

But Forsythe will race in the last ever Champ Car event, at Long Beach this weekend, and Montagny is hoping they will make the switch to IndyCar for next year.

"It was disappointing to have a deal three weeks before the season, and then nothing," he told autosport.com. "But we've kept very close with Forsythe and we have a very good relationship. Maybe there will be a chance to do IndyCar with them next year, I hope so."

Montagny had his first races since the 2006 French Grand Prix in the A1GP round at Shanghai last weekend. He finished 12th and eighth in the two races in China, in preparation for the Long Beach event.

"It was good to get some racing in before going to Long Beach," he added. "I will have the same mechanics and engineers as at the Champ Car test so I think we'll have a good car. I've never been to Long Beach but I think we can be strong."

well be interesting if this happens as he a very good driver, especially of street and road courses

seppefan
15th April 2008, 17:54
Montagny is a good driver and would be welcomed.

Cart750hp
15th April 2008, 21:19
"It was disappointing to have a deal three weeks before the season, and then nothing," he told autosport.com. "But we've kept very close with Forsythe and we have a very good relationship. Maybe there will be a chance to do IndyCar with them next year, I hope so."

Franck, don't count your hope up when it comes to Forsythe. You have a bigger chance to land a ride with the other teams than this guy. Ask PT if he landed a ride yet or if Forsythe gave him a car yet.

I've said it before, PT and Forsythe's relationship was way over.

tbyars
16th April 2008, 05:29

Does this mean that Gerry takes his calls?

electron
16th April 2008, 06:24
no.... this only means he has hope.

"maybe 2009, I hope so..." - well, I would not base serious journalism on this one.
but this is ChampCar after all (still in this case) and CC has lived on the "maybe next year... hope so" wave on a regular basis.
well, guess what happened.