PDA

View Full Version : Jeans or Pantalon

leopard
15th April 2008, 08:10
Which one do you prefer between jean or pantalon cotton made trousers? Jeans will give us casual impression, therefore it is not suitable for the more formal environment like in the office or attending a meeting or party.

Myself prefer canvas pantalon, it doesn't only give more comfortable wear, but also suitable for both casual and formal situation.

Mark
15th April 2008, 08:12
Myself prefer canvas pantalon, it doesn't only give more comfortable wear, but also suitable for both casual and formal situation.

Yes, same here. I can't wear jeans, too rough :s

Daniel
15th April 2008, 08:29
Mark. You should try some black denim Levi 506's. They come soft from the shop. I never used to year jeans till I got my 506's. No less comfortable than wearing normal trousers.

Mark
15th April 2008, 08:35
Mark. You should try some black denim Levi 506's. They come soft from the shop. I never used to year jeans till I got my 506's. No less comfortable than wearing normal trousers.

Thanks but I'm perfectly happy with the trousers I wear. £5 each from Primark :D

GridGirl
15th April 2008, 08:44
Urrrrghhh I hate Primark. I also hate people who stand in the most stupid places with huge Primark bags blocking your way.

You can't go wrong with jeans. :)

Daniel
15th April 2008, 08:48
Well my last pair of 506's lasted 2 years and only died because i ripped the knee on a rock in Finland. Used to hate jeans but now I love them.

Mark
15th April 2008, 08:52
Urrrrghhh I hate Primark.

Decent clothes at good prices, what's not to like?

I also hate people who stand in the most stupid places with huge Primark bags blocking your way.

That's because you can buy a huge amount of clothes for 2p :p

Daniel
15th April 2008, 08:54

But no nice jeans? :mark:

Mark
15th April 2008, 08:58
But no nice jeans? :mark:

No idea, I haven't worn jeans for years :p

GridGirl
15th April 2008, 09:13

Well I don't think much to the quality of the clothing but you can't expect much when you buy clothes for 2p as Daniel say's.

I mostly dislike the likes of Primark and H&M because each shop looks like an explosion in a clothes factory. I will point blankly will refuse to enter any messy clothes shops whether it would be Primark or Prada.

Daniel
15th April 2008, 09:14
Well I don't think much to the quality of the clothing but you can't expect much when you buy clothes for 2p as Daniel say's.

I mostly dislike the likes of Primark and H&M because each shop looks like an explosion in a clothes factory. I will point blankly will refuse to enter any messy clothes shops whether it would be Primark or Prada.
I never said that and resent the insinuation that I did :p

A lot of places do look like an explosion in a clothes factory :mark:

Mark
15th April 2008, 09:18
Quality isn't a thing for me. I tend to buy a lot of clothes, wash them until they get hole in them (no kidding :p ) then throw them out and get new ones :p

pino
15th April 2008, 11:03
Jeans for me too, I wear G-Star originals at the moment :p :

gadjo_dilo
15th April 2008, 12:10
Jeans will give us casual impression, therefore it is not suitable for the more formal environment like in the office or attending a meeting or party.

I work in an office of one of the most serious institutions of a country and right now I'm wearing a pair of cheap -probably chinese- jeans bought from a gipsy who sells them illegally right here at work. I look around and see that 2 of my colleagues wear the same item. If one of the girls didn't have a day off it would make us four people from six wearing jeans.

Rudy Tamasz
15th April 2008, 12:18
Jeans, jeans, jeans!!! I grew up with rock'n'roll. So it's jeans all the way. I grew up in the eighties so I normally wear classic tight a$$ jeans. One of them, German made Montana has fabric so thick you can't wear it off. But normally I wear jeans literally till they fall apart. They are at their best when they remember every curve of your body and have holes on the top of each other. I also have more relaxed Levi's 907 with flare leg. I bought them because in that store they were showing MTV, Red Hot Chili Peppers weekend was on and John Frusciante was taking chords like Jimi Hendrix. I thought flare leg is good fit for acid rock and bought it.

I kinda have to wear official attire in the office but until recently didn't do it. I would always test the limits of tolerance of my bosses. One only grew irritated when I showed up in jeans and flanel. The other preferred to look the other way when I came to the office in ripped jeans because I was going to a gig that night.

Now that I am a mid-level manager I wear more formal stuff most of the time, but that's just my choice. And on Friday it's still good old jeans.

millencolin
15th April 2008, 14:34
Element jeans are the best in my opinion (not saying this because i work for Element :p : ). i've thought this well before i started working for them and before i started getting them really cheap. i've still got a pair from 6 years ago, thrashed em in skating and they still look newish!
Top Notch

schmenke
15th April 2008, 15:04
Alas, the office dress code does not permit jeans, except, on "casual" Friday :mark:
Thankfully the cravatte is optional :D

Brown, Jon Brow
15th April 2008, 15:16
As a student it's jeans all the way!! Currently wearing some snug dark blue slim fit jeans I got from Topman.

leopard
16th April 2008, 03:45
I don't think having bought Levi's product, the price is bloody expensive. My best buy of jeans was Lea. Standard classic model would be great choice, but todays I tend to alter my choice to canvas semi jeans because can't find standard model of jeans which is suitable for my belly. :D

Luckily we still have casual Friday where the use of jeans allowed. We can also free for the shirt. Race uniform wouldn't be a bad choice. ;)

Storm
16th April 2008, 07:39
We have a dress code at work...business casual which is utterly stupid..so I generally used to wear khakis/cotton trousers which are pretty comfortable with shirts...but in last year or so I started wearing jeans with shirts instead...
much more comfortable and no worries about having to iron your trousers :p :

In my previous job, we had a very informal environment...you could even show up in shorts and sandals and no one cared. much better IMO :up:

Mark
16th April 2008, 11:32
Levi's alway sound like they should be a type of French car.

Daniel
16th April 2008, 11:37
Primark sounds like a fabric softener :p so there :angryfire

millencolin
17th April 2008, 15:14
In my previous job, we had a very informal environment...you could even show up in shorts and sandals and no one cared. :up:

Thats the standard uniform in my job atm... Thongs, Boardies.... heck, Throw in a blue singlet just for good measure (or as they can be known as in Aust... Wife-Beaters :p : )

leopard
18th April 2008, 08:09
If you have your feet sensitive, wearing sandals is good to avoid fungus :p :