PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham Schedule ?

foxystoat
10th April 2008, 18:46
Just wondering if there is a schedule for sundays races so I know what time to get there. I live local so don't want to arrive 2 hours before anything starts on track.
Thanks

jonv
10th April 2008, 18:48
http://www.rockingham.co.uk/btccsun08.pdf

foxystoat
10th April 2008, 18:54
Thanks for the rapid reply.

Mp3 Astra
10th April 2008, 19:15
I'm struggling to understand why they decided to put band performances on during the BTCC. I doubt anyone is going to say "hey, I paid £25 to see the BTCC, but I'd rather watch some tribute band instead - I can watch the race on TV tomorrow!"

:confused:

Les
10th April 2008, 19:48
what the hell is that? - if I find out I can't here the tannoy because of some thumpy thumpy music I'll be !!!!!!!!!

Alfa Fan
10th April 2008, 19:50
I hope if your just watching the race you won't be able to hear the bands. That would be really annoying.

cos
10th April 2008, 20:00
Bring an AM radio and some decent headphones just in case...

Iain
10th April 2008, 20:10
That's just bizarre.

Maybe it's behind the grandstand or somewhere not actually in the actual bowl of the circuit.

Iain
10th April 2008, 20:20
Is it just me who thinks having an air display on Sunday is a wee bit wrong considering we're going to be showing respect to two former drivers who perished in a plane crash the other week? :mark:

AndySpeed
10th April 2008, 20:22
I can't see the music performances being in the 'bowl' of the circuit, as surely there's not enough room without them interfering with either the spectating of the race or the TV Coverage.

You're all saying it's a daft idea, but for those people taking their families who don't fancy watching the motorsport it presents an alternative. The music itself probably wouldn't be worth watching anyway - I'll certainly be watching all of the days racing which is enough for one day for me!

dwracing23
10th April 2008, 21:15
I think ITV must prefer the Clio's to the Seat's as the Clio have two races on Sunday! Have a look at the attachment guys has all weekend times on for you.

LiamM
10th April 2008, 21:23
I can't see the music performances being in the 'bowl' of the circuit, as surely there's not enough room without them interfering with either the spectating of the race or the TV Coverage.

You're all saying it's a daft idea, but for those people taking their families who don't fancy watching the motorsport it presents an alternative. The music itself probably wouldn't be worth watching anyway - I'll certainly be watching all of the days racing which is enough for one day for me!

I think it will be behind the Rockingham stand, the area behind the Turn 1 grandstand will be the shopping/paddock area and the area behind Turn 4 grandstand is the car park and there is no room in the actuall paddock behind the pits, unless they put them on the roof (which I hope they don't)

Iain
10th April 2008, 21:27
If it's behind then it might not be so bad then. Anyone remember trying to watch the Snett night race at Russell in 2001 with the Vibe FM roadshow going on at the same time?

tintin
10th April 2008, 21:56
I think ITV must prefer the Clio's to the Seat's as the Clio have two races on Sunday!

The championship co-ordinators decide the timetable, not ITV.

LiamM
10th April 2008, 21:57
The first Clio race is also on at 10.35, which not be on TV

AndySpeed
10th April 2008, 22:58
If it's behind then it might not be so bad then. Anyone remember trying to watch the Snett night race at Russell in 2001 with the Vibe FM roadshow going on at the same time?

I don't remember that specifically but I do remember Team Dynamics being involved in something with lots of music at the same time as the BTCC race which I thought was daft.

Iain
10th April 2008, 23:24
There was some sort of Vibe disco going on when the feature race was on. As if it wasn't confusing enough in the dark, you couldn't hear the commentary. :laugh: That was a fun night, heckling the B&Qsi. :p :

Gobber
11th April 2008, 08:41
I think you will find it is well out of the way behind the grandstands. It's something Rockingham tend(ed) to do with their NASCAR 'Days of Thunder' to fill out the massive gaps between their five race day-long programmes. I well remember the embarrasment of some prepubescent boy band (Busted?) being given the honour of saying 'Start your Engines' and totally fluffing it, much to the disgust of the die-hard fans!

Gobber
11th April 2008, 08:43

I was given some tickets by a Vibe sales rep for that meeting, so no complaints from here!