PDA

View Full Version : Motegi/Long Beach UK TV Viewing....

BobGarage
9th April 2008, 14:38
another ****ing useless week of coverage!

Motegi will not be live! They are showing it tape delay on Sky Sports 3 on Sunday. (TV guide currently says 11am, but on the St. Pete race coverage they said it would be 5pm)

Long beach doesn't seem to be showing anywhere. Not listed anywhere on sky sports channels. I also checked Eurosport in the hope that it still fell under the CCWS contract. Neither Eurosports 1 or 2 has it in their program listings.

its ****!

VkmSpouge
9th April 2008, 18:44
The coverage is rubbish, I don't have Sky Sports so have to wait a week for Five to show it. I hope Eurosport can nab the contract from Sky when it comes up for bidding.

El Sween
9th April 2008, 19:09
Hopefully some one will show the Long Beach race ?

NickFalzone
9th April 2008, 20:21
Not sure about the Long Beach race, but the Motegi race should be viewable live from Indycar.com - I watched a bunch of races this way last season when I didn't have access to cable. The announcers are the IMS radio guys and usually you get ESPN cameras half the time and in-car views the rest, either way it's a reasonably good way to watch. As far as I know it's still free.

Lousada
9th April 2008, 20:55
No they changed that. Now you only get one cam + the radio announcers. At St. Pete it was the helicopter cam that generally kept following the leader. If you pay for race control you also do not get the race feed, only the onboards.

Cart750hp
9th April 2008, 20:56
another ****ing useless week of coverage!

Motegi will not be live! They are showing it tape delay on Sky Sports 3 on Sunday. (TV guide currently says 11am, but on the St. Pete race coverage they said it would be 5pm)

Long beach doesn't seem to be showing anywhere. Not listed anywhere on sky sports channels. I also checked Eurosport in the hope that it still fell under the CCWS contract. Neither Eurosports 1 or 2 has it in their program listings.

its ****!

You made me feel better that it's not just Californians or the West Coast are getting the left overs on TV. I'm more ***** off about the delay than not covering at all, seriously. But in all sense, at least IndyCar is not run by Eidswick, Johnson, Kalkhoven, Forsythe and Gentilozzi. That means.....there's a huge potential of working harder for the fans.

NickFalzone
10th April 2008, 00:11
Yeah, actually that's mostly what it was last season. But the one cam would switch from car to car and occasionally when there was a big on-track incident they would cut to ESPN/ABC cams. As far as race control, isn't the live leaderboard also available free? Onboards are fun I guess but one-cam, IMS radio announcers, and leaderboard for free is still a decent way to watch the race. IndyCar.com also puts up 3-5 minute video summaries a day or two after every race.

No they changed that. Now you only get one cam + the radio announcers. At St. Pete it was the helicopter cam that generally kept following the leader. If you pay for race control you also do not get the race feed, only the onboards.

MAX_THRUST
10th April 2008, 12:11
since 1997 I only missed three CART/CCWS races due to rain and tv pcakages not keeping up. Its a shame I wont see the last race, its a joke that CCWS the one thing they got really right was European coverage, my only fear of the merger was the poor tv coverage, I hope TG and the boys work this out soon. Europe is an important market.

elis
13th April 2008, 20:40
Nice (I guess) to see that Sky will be airing Motegi a couple of times... pity they couldn't see fit to schedule one of those times over to the Long Beach event, given the race is an indy car points paying event & ics apparantly have the tv rights.

It seems luuuudicrous that no one in the UK is covering the swansong of the Champ Car series, not even highlights. Given the good turn out of cars entered & that it is (sadly) to be a somewhat historical event, this could well prove to be a pretty fantastic race that we are all going to miss out on... not least for those loyal fans who 'stuck' with the series through all its trials & tribs, litle did we know the end for the many European viewers actually happened in Mexico. Its also somewhat insulting to the teams, & drivers (several of whom are European), who wont be seen competing in the final champ car event.

Frankly it *****. (imho) :(

Sky & Eurosport are useless... but hey, what's new ;)

elis
13th April 2008, 22:00
^^^ What the heck? You can't even say 'sucks' without some jobsworth editing your post! How utterly rediculous.

No doubt this post will receive the same petty treatment. It's just silly..

MAX_THRUST
14th April 2008, 12:18
Until someone starts showing Indycars the merger will prove to be the end of open wheel coverage for many fans in europe. I will never pay for sky sports. Food is more important than football.....

inimitablestoo
14th April 2008, 17:34
I imagine Five will cover only the Japanese race - if that, given that the baseball overran last night and they didn't bother with the St Petersburg highlights... :mad:

Dr. Krogshöj
14th April 2008, 17:39
You made me feel better that it's not just Californians or the West Coast are getting the left overs on TV. I'm more ***** off about the delay than not covering at all, seriously. But in all sense, at least IndyCar is not run by Eidswick, Johnson, Kalkhoven, Forsythe and Gentilozzi. That means.....there's a huge potential of working harder for the fans.

To Dick Eidswick's defence, Champ Car seemed to be progressing until mid-2005. It was downhill from there. But I get your point and you are right. Race Control apologized for the poor feed from Miami and St. Pete and refunded $10 of the subscription fee, also they promised to improve the situation from Kansas. That would have never happened with Race Director.