PDA

View Full Version : Did any one else notice!!??

MAX_THRUST
7th April 2008, 08:14
So was it just MArtin Brundle and MArtin HAvern that used the line "star in a reasonably priced car" this weekend or did any one notice any other commentators making there bid for the BBC F1 job next year?

Mark
7th April 2008, 10:51
Martin Brundle did (not that you don't use a captial second letter in English :p )

I thought it was quite a good way of putting it :p

TMorel
7th April 2008, 11:11
It's a fairly common phrase now, even my mom has used it.

ShiftingGears
7th April 2008, 12:19
Brundle using clever phrase?!
Allen making mistake in qualifying?!?!?!?

OUTRAGEOUS!

MAX_THRUST
7th April 2008, 14:43
I'm to synical for my own good it seems.

Have to say out of the two commentators that mentioned it, I think both would be great for the BBC......With Clarkson as there insane missinformed sidekick.

Azumanga Davo
7th April 2008, 15:19
I'm to synical for my own good it seems.

Have to say out of the two commentators that mentioned it, I think both would be great for the BBC......With Clarkson as there insane missinformed sidekick.

It would be a shame if Ted Kravitz doesn't get that insane misinformed sidekick role, he's filled that rather nicely I reckon. :D

woody2goody
7th April 2008, 16:39
I laughed my head off when I heard it. Fisi did a great job though didn't he?

Maybe Brundle's the Stig..... :)

yodasarmpit
7th April 2008, 18:21
First thing I thought when I heard it was "Martin is pimping himself to his prospective employers"

Mikeall
7th April 2008, 21:19
Dunno why people are saying Alonso moved over or anything. Hamilton seemed to be closing quite rapidly after he'd taken a much better line out of the corner. Alonso had to turn to get round that kink whereas Hamilton was going straight. It just looked like Hamilton couldn't or didn't turn enough to get past him. Maybe the sudden slipstream caught him out or as they say the wing was falling off. Alonso only seemed to move right after he had his rear right tyre was hit which makes sense.

Innocent racing accident I think.

Mikeall
8th April 2008, 01:11
Wrong thread sorry

MAX_THRUST
8th April 2008, 09:47
I hope the BBC were listening, and I agree with someone else, TEd has filled that slot well, your right.

Mikeall
8th April 2008, 13:42
The commentary was awful. We need someone fresh and excitable not jaded and cynical. That's why James Allen has to go, give Ben Edwards a chance.

millencolin
8th April 2008, 14:54
i heard that, had a chuckle... and figured he may be doin a little bit of 'rear end kissin' for a prospective employer