PDA

View Full Version : LBGP "official" entry list.

bblocker68
5th April 2008, 23:04
Don't know how accurate it is, but it's interesting to see PT and Montagny on the grid in GF's cars!! Anyways, have fun:

http://www.gplb.com/downloads/CCEntryList.pdf

jimispeed
6th April 2008, 00:06
18 DP01's!! That will be hard to watch for me.....

No Robert Doornbos???

PT and Robert Doornbos should team up for Indycar!!

jimispeed
6th April 2008, 00:06

No Robert Doornbos???

-Helix-
6th April 2008, 00:13
Boo. Was hoping Da Matta would make it. Vasser will be fun to watch though.

Andrewmcm
6th April 2008, 01:08
So how many Indycars will be at Motegi? 14, 16, 18?

Dr. Krogshöj
6th April 2008, 11:47
It's not bad, but the "Champ Car finale" would be only complete with Tags, Dominguez, Bobby D and da Matta.

jwhite9185
6th April 2008, 12:15
Is Nelson official then?

Henry Cutts
6th April 2008, 13:23
Are Wilson and Rahal switching numbers for a reason, or an error?

DazzlaF1
6th April 2008, 15:16
So how many Indycars will be at Motegi? 14, 16, 18?

Well looking at it

AGR - Kanaan, Patrick, Andretti, Mutoh
PENSKE - Castroneves, Briscoe
GANASSI - Dixon, Wheldon (Lloyd?)
VISION - Carpenter, Foyt
D & R - Rice, Duno/Bell
ROTH - Roth, Howard
RLR - Hunter-Reay
FOYT - Manning
PANTHER - Meira
BECK - Yasukawa

So counting that, its a healthy looking 18 cars at least :up:

millencolin
7th April 2008, 02:52
anyword on a second PCM car as only figge is on that lst...

weeflyonthewall
8th April 2008, 03:12

No Robert Doornbos???

Still could be 20 or 21. Just like last season, almost unknown until race day.

lanark
8th April 2008, 03:39
Don't know how accurate it is, but it's interesting to see PT and Montagny on the grid in GF's cars!! Anyways, have fun:

http://www.gplb.com/downloads/CCEntryList.pdf

Thanks for posting the list-I had hoped to see Montagny actually race in a Champ Car, and get a final look at PT in one.

QUESTION: Does anyone know if there is ANY live TV or web coverage of the Long Beach race? How about delayed coverage? or are quickie highlights on ESPN all we can hope for? Does KK give a damn about all the loyal CCWS fans who want to watch the series swan song?

pits4me
8th April 2008, 06:02
ABC is carrying the ALMS race per http://www.tvracer.com/
ESPN2 is scheduled to air Champ delayed same day.

archtur
8th April 2008, 08:00
At least it is quite clear, according to the entry list, that RockSport is going to field a car for a Finnish driver..

electron
8th April 2008, 08:40
weak count, I expected more... but there still is time.
So puts that the PT rumors to rest? There has been talks about him not even being sure if he drives in LB since he has no cotact to team leaders.
will Gerry be there in person? I doubt it.
It might be sick show - I hope not but I brace for quite a dissapointment.
All you guys that visit the race: party like there is no tomorrow!

Jonesi
8th April 2008, 09:01
Are Wilson and Rahal switching numbers for a reason, or an error?

I saw that and figured it was a typo.

Claus Hansen
8th April 2008, 11:37
18 cars is good, if its true, shame about the merger then, beacuse the panoz is a very pretty car racing car, not a design disaster like the dallara.... Now we stuck with that car for the moment...
By the way, Autosport did run a photo of a very empty Homestead Speedway, so much for the hype of a merger...

cos
9th April 2008, 11:59
Latest count is 20. Tags in with Walker, Dominguez with PCM and Moreno at HVM/Minardi.

electron
9th April 2008, 12:08
According to TG Paul Tracy would rather run Motegi than LBGP, if at all.

still strange

gofastandwynn
9th April 2008, 15:37
According to TG Paul Tracy would rather run Motegi than LBGP, if at all.

still strange

From todays Indy Star (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080409/SPORTS0107/804090436)

The IRL plans to take cars for 18 drivers to Japan. That number only figures to change if Paul Tracy gets a ride. League CEO Tony George, who owns Vision Racing, said Tracy's manager contacted him since Tracy won't be driving Gerald Forsythe's Champ Car World Series car at Long Beach, Calif.

nanders
9th April 2008, 15:53
From AR1:

Tony George noncommittal on Paul Tracy When asked whether Paul Tracy would soon have a ride in the IRL, Tony George would not say for certain whether he would make that happen.

Q: Tony, Paul Tracy has been the most successful and the most recognizable driver in recent years in the Champ Car series. How important is it to get him involved in the IndyCar Series, and could that opportunity come with your Vision Racing team?

GEORGE: You know, I don't know. I intend to call; I got a message yesterday from his business manager. I didn't have a chance to call him back. The message was is that he's free to talk about a ride beginning as early as Motegi. He said he would not be running Long Beach, much to my surprise.

You know, all of that's kind of unfortunate in all of this. I'm not sure what his prospects are, and I'm not sure what teams, you know, have available seats that would meet his expectations. We're currently planning to be a two-car team. On the outside chance we would need to add a third or on the outside chance the right business opportunity comes along for us to run a third, we would consider that. But, you know, at this point I'm not inclined to go spend a lot more money to do that. I don't think we'll need to. On the other hand, I'd like to see Paul in, and if it could be with Vision, that would be great. If it could be with another team, that would be great. I just want him to have the chance to come over now and, you know, I don't know how long he wants to do it, probably a year or two, couple of years and transition into the next phase of his professional career. But it is kind of unfortunate, some would say a travesty, that he's been sort of left on the sidelines here.

I'll have plenty of time to call back and find out what's going on today.

VkmSpouge
9th April 2008, 18:47
Roberto Moreno driving for Minardi? It is 1991 again ^_^

bblocker68
9th April 2008, 20:36
GEORGE: You know, I don't know. I intend to call; I got a message yesterday from his business manager. I didn't have a chance to call him back. The message was is that he's free to talk about a ride beginning as early as Motegi. He said he would not be running Long Beach, much to my surprise.

That's it. I'm only going to Long Beach on Friday. I'll watch the race on TV if it is being aired somewhere (ESPN2?).

ChicagocrewIRL
10th April 2008, 01:48
"The IRL plans to take cars for 18 drivers to Japan. That number only figures to change if Paul Tracy gets a ride. League CEO Tony George, who owns Vision Racing, said Tracy's manager contacted him since Tracy won't be driving Gerald Forsythe's Champ Car World Series car at Long Beach, Calif."

Curt Cavin - Indystar.com April 9, 2008

So Paul Tracy is NOT driving at Long Beach and so has been freed up, according to his manager, to drive in Motegi.

evo5_mat
10th April 2008, 02:01
Bumper grid for Champ Car finale

By Steven English Wednesday, April 9th 2008, 16:33 GMT

The last ever Champ Car race at Long Beach next weekend will have a field of 20 cars - two more than entered last season's championship round.

All nine drivers that have switched to the reunified IndyCar Series will race at Long Beach to score points that will count towards their IndyCar tally. They'll be joined by Champ Car veterans Paul Tracy, Roberto Moreno, Mario Dominguez, Alex Tagliani, and Jimmy Vasser.

Tracy had been unsure of his deal with Forsythe Racing last week but has now been confirmed for the event, while Moreno and Vasser are racing to bid farewall to the series in which they both raced for more than a decade.

Several other drivers have signed up for the one-off event, including those that have been left without full-time drivers for 2008 after the merger between Champ Car and the IRL.

Former grand prix drivers Franck Montagny and Antonio Pizzonia will race for Forsythe and Rocketsports respectively. Mexican David Martinez will join Montagny and Tracy at Forsythe while former British F3 racer Juho Annala will drive for Rocketsports.

Pizzonia's Brazilian Stock Car commitments will prevent him from testing ahead of the event, but he's looking forward to the outing none the less

"I'm excited to return to a team and a track that I know, but the car will be a surpise for me - I drove the 2006 Lola but not last year's Panoz," he said. "I'll be going straight into the race weekend so that is a challenge.

"I am still confident of a good result, though, because I have driven a Champ Car before and I hope I will be able to learn the new car quite quickly."

Pacific Coast Motorsport will run cars for Dominguez and Alex Figge, while Walker Racing will field a single entry for Tagliani. Nelson Philippe will race for HVM Minardi, alongside Moreno and IndyCar convert EJ Viso

pitwall3
10th April 2008, 05:57
From RM

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/20-car-field-assembling-for-long-beach-champ-car-finale/

gofastandwynn
10th April 2008, 21:39
This just in for Long Beach:

The LBGP will be in HD, but the on-boards won't because there is no DP-01 mount for the new cameras.

The IMS radio network will also do radio coverage, and it will be streamed on IndyCar.com

Also, Jack Arute will fly back from Motegi and will do both events from the pits.

nanders
10th April 2008, 23:05
Also, Jack Arute will fly back from Motegi and will do both events from the pits.

I wonder who else will be on that "fly back?"

pvtjoker
10th April 2008, 23:56
Will LB on regular tv or just on Indycar.com????

gofastandwynn
11th April 2008, 03:27
Will LB on regular tv or just on Indycar.com????

It will be on ESPN< but I am not sure of the time.