PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Schedule

BobGarage
5th April 2008, 16:41
Terry Angstaljkahkdjadksc just said on the qualifying coverage that the 2009 Schedule will be announce by the end of June!!!!

nanders
5th April 2008, 16:43
Terry Angstaljkahkdjadksc just said on the qualifying coverage that the 2009 Schedule will be announce by the end of June!!!!

Your search - Angstaljkahkdjadksc - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
* Try different keywords.
* Try more general keywords.

BobGarage
5th April 2008, 16:44
Terry Angstadt ;)

ChicagocrewIRL
5th April 2008, 21:15

HAHAHAHA Did your cat walk across your keyboard while you were typing Terry's last name ???

CARTDM15
5th April 2008, 21:54
With only about 25M at Homested and a lot of fans leaving early.This race should be drop

nigelred5
6th April 2008, 04:04
With only about 25M at Homested and a lot of fans leaving early.This race should be drop

Well, apparently 36,000 max capacity for spectators is OK for F1 in Dubai, so all things considered, I think proportionately, 25K at homestead isn't that bad.

The problem with wanting to start the season in March, they need the warm climate. What/where is the alternative? You really can't double up something like Fontana and Long Beach. It doesn't sound like Phoenix is a reality for early in the season with NASCAR out west at the same time. IT's too early in the season for a race like TMS, so where else do we go in March? Surfers doesn't want March due to weather, and I believe March/April is also iffy for weather in places like Mexico City, but then many people are dead set against starting the season overseas. Miami works logistically because of the testing at Homestead and Sebring. They have to consider the travel for the teams. March/April is good tourist season for Florida. I would be in St Pete right now If I didn't have a meeting Monday Morning that I couldn't miss. If I can work a Sebring/ Homestead/ St Pete next spring, you bet I'll be at all three.

CARTDM15
6th April 2008, 05:46
Well, apparently 36,000 max capacity for spectators is OK for F1 in Dubai, so all things considered, I think proportionately, 25K at homestead isn't that bad.

The problem with wanting to start the season in March, they need the warm climate. What/where is the alternative? You really can't double up something like Fontana and Long Beach. It doesn't sound like Phoenix is a reality for early in the season with NASCAR out west at the same time. IT's too early in the season for a race like TMS, so where else do we go in March? Surfers doesn't want March due to weather, and I believe March/April is also iffy for weather in places like Mexico City, but then many people are dead set against starting the season overseas. Miami works logistically because of the testing at Homestead and Sebring. They have to consider the travel for the teams. March/April is good tourist season for Florida. I would be in St Pete right now If I didn't have a meeting Monday Morning that I couldn't miss. If I can work a Sebring/ Homestead/ St Pete next spring, you bet I'll be at all three.

Dubia is paying out the a%# for this race.It doesn't matter if anybody shows up.F1 makes its money.Indycar is not quite at that point yet.

I like the season to start in Long Beach right after the Final Four.

tbyars
6th April 2008, 05:54

Funny, I just read a thread at "another forum" where another poster who is known for being almost the ultimate supporter of the now defunct series said several times there were "a whole lot of people" there today.

Just curious...were you there?

tbyars
6th April 2008, 05:58
Dubia is paying out the a%# for this race.It doesn't matter if anybody shows up.F1 makes its money.Indycar is not quite at that point yet.

I'm not sure I understand. The IRL gets paid a sanction fee regardless of who shows up, JUST LIKE F1.

It's the promoter (in this case AGP) that is at risk if the attendance or track sponsorship doesn't happen, not the series.