PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac... Horse with no name

Rollo
4th April 2008, 23:54
http://pontiac.emipowered.net/tamethename/

Yep, the people at Pontiac are so buggered for an idea to call their new "G8 Sport Truck" (Read Ute), that even before there's been one sold they have to rename the *******.
Problem is that the last kind of thing like this was the El Camino which was 20 years ago, so they can't just recycle a name.

This reminds me of the "Car Focus Group" by Ford whose job it was to come up with names. So far they came up with Ka and Focus, so I wonder what's next.

Personally I think that the only names you can give this thing are either the Pontiac Ute or the Mullet... Business in the front, Party in the back :D

Daniel
5th April 2008, 02:00
Mullet. Definitely!

bowler
5th April 2008, 08:48
commodore

JSH
8th April 2008, 21:07
Problem is that the last kind of thing like this was the El Camino which was 20 years ago, so they can't just recycle a name.

Other reason they can't recycle "El Camino" is because most people consider the El Camino a joke. There is a stigma associated with it that would best be aligned with your other comments about Mullets. Lets also say that El Camino's are also really only popular among communities that originated or have very close ties "South of the Border"