PDA

View Full Version : Things that go BUMP! in the Night

Hazell B
18th January 2007, 01:08
Being in the house alone hasn't ever bothered me. If there's a bump, I just go and investigate without a second thought, even going outside and onto the riverbank next to my house.

However, my next door neighbour had two incidents last year when her front door was kicked in and things stolen. It's because from her house it's a clear run to the black dark bankside and nobody would catch the crooks out there. On both occasions I missed even catching sight of the thieves!

Thing is that on both occasions my neighbour called the police the next day and hasn't even bothered thanking myself of Mick for helping her. In fact, when somebody came to her door trying to rip her off and we stepped in, she was rather rude to us :s Nor did she bother fitting decent locks and a better door until we nagged for her six months!

I've just heard what sounded like the bang of her front door being booted again. It's (at last) a new door, hardwood, so hasn't been followed by the noise of anything but running feet this time. They got away empty handed and her door is still intact I guess. Only guess though, as I haven't even risen from the seat I'm in.

The shame of it is I'm half past caring if she hasn't bothered locking up properly and half scared the average burgler these days carries a knife :(

Really brings it home to you how broken our society is now.

CarlMetro
18th January 2007, 08:38
I heard a bang at 05.30 this morning which turned out to be one of my neighbours fence panels landing in my garden :s

Donney
18th January 2007, 10:13
I guess you neighbour does not deserve your attention. The elast shoe could do is to thank you.

Daniel
18th January 2007, 13:23
I heard a bang at 05.30 this morning which turned out to be one of my neighbours fence panels landing in my garden :s
Same as us. The fences on two sides of our house are falling down or have already fallen down with all the recent winds :crazy:

Hazell B
18th January 2007, 19:47
Last night's bang turned out to be a deckchair falling over in my dining room in the end, so glad I didn't bother investigating.

And guess what, my ruddy neighbour complained it woke her up :(

Eki
18th January 2007, 20:16
"Home Alone 6 and 1/2" starring Hazell B.