PDA

View Full Version : REd Bull Blocked Vettel move to McLaren in 2008

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 15:22
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=80546&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0
If you believe this, you admit Ron is a liarhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Sebastian Vettel on Thursday confirmed that Red Bull blocked his chance to switch to formula one title challenger McLaren in 2008.
The 20-year-old German looks set to become a hot commodity on the driver market, following his impressive early career as a BMW Sauber test driver and Toro Rosso racer.

His contract, however, is strictly controlled by Red Bull for the next few years, and his bosses were not willing to negotiate when Mercedes-powered McLaren came knocking for a replacing for Fernando Alonso this year.

"Obviously it was a great chance, and you don't get these chances very often in life," Vettel told the British online publication Metro.

"Right now there are two teams you can win the championship with and that's one of them. But I'm confident enough that this chance will come again, with whatever team that may be. It would have been nice, but in the end I'm not sad," he added.

When asked specifically if Red Bull stood in the way of his McLaren chance, Vettel answered: "Yeah".
"But I don't think I'm being held back, I'm happy still," he added.

Ron Just got through lying to us about that Heikki! saying contrary to rumors Heikki "WAS" his first choice!

Would you say Ron is more of a liar, or cheat?

ArrowsFA1
3rd April 2008, 15:34
Ron Just got through lying to us about that Heikki! saying contrary to rumors Heikki "WAS" his first choice!
Heikki may very well have been Ron's first choice but that doesn't prevent McLaren approaching other teams/drivers before making a final decision. Even if he wasn't, does anyone seriously expect any team to comment on their driver choice along the lines of "we wanted driver a, but we've ended up with driver b so we'll just have to make the best of a bad job"?

Bottom line - Heikki is at McLaren and doing a fine job for the team :cool:

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 15:37
Heikki may very well have been Ron's first choice but that doesn't prevent McLaren approaching other teams/drivers before making a final decision. Even if he wasn't, does anyone seriously expect any team to comment on their driver choice along the lines of "we wanted driver a, but we've ended up with driver b so we'll just have to make the best of a bad job"?

Bottom line - Heikki is at McLaren and doing a fine job for the team :cool: A point well taken!

BDunnell
3rd April 2008, 16:52

Bottom line - Heikki is at McLaren and doing a fine job for the team :cool:

Indeed, :up:

Personally, I'm glad that Red Bull didn't just roll over and allow Vettel to leave.

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 16:56

Personally, I'm glad that Red Bull didn't just roll over and allow Vettel to leave.Indeed

gloomyDAY
3rd April 2008, 16:59

Personally, I'm glad that Red Bull didn't just roll over and allow Vettel to leave.Positively right!

I'm a fan of Vettel and his proper team is Ferrari.
Receiving Schumacher's praises goes a long way at the stable.

Schumacher said he did not see BMW drivers Nick Heidfeld or Robert Kubica challenging for the drivers' title but he had some words of encouragement for fellow German Sebastian Vettel, despite two retirements so far for the Toro Rosso team.
"I think my German teammate Sebastian Vettel particularly will be a lot of a surprise this season," Schumacher said.

"He is going very well despite the results. He went very well in Australia and Malaysia until retirement. In this respect I think he will be the surprise of the season."

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 17:23
Positively right!

I'm a fan of Vettel and his proper team is Ferrari.
Receiving Schumacher's praises goes a long way at the stable.

I still have my doubts that Ron as he has insisted wanted heikki from the start!
I still think he's lying. The post is on this board that implicates him.
But like the idifatigable MM he may not have to confess or admit that he was blowing smoke.
Remember Ron AKA Dr Mengala recreated HK systematically
More smoke.
"Do you expect me to talk" No Mr. Bond! I expext you to die!"

gloomyDAY
3rd April 2008, 17:25
I still have my doubts that Ron as he has insisted wanted heikki from the start!
I still think he's lying. The post is on this board that implicates him.
But like the idifatigable MM he may not have to confess or admit that he was blowing smoke.
Remember Ron AKA Dr Mengala recreated HK systematically
More smoke.
"Do you expect me to talk" No Mr. Bond! I expext you to die!"
Who do you think was Ron's first option?
I think it was Nico Rosberg.

As for the the talk about "nuturing" Heikki back to health, rubbish.
Kovy is doing an excellent job and Bahrain is his for the taking.

On a slight tangent, McLaren are doing both their driver's a favor by letting them compete. We all know Hamilton's competitive nature, so we'll see if he meets his own standards, and beats Kovy in the process.

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 17:36
Who do you think was Ron's first option?
I think it was Nico Rosberg.

As for the the talk about "nuturing" Heikki back to health, rubbish.
Kovy is doing an excellent job and Bahrain is his for the taking.

On a slight tangent, McLaren are doing both their driver's a favor by letting them compete. We all know Hamilton's competitive nature, so we'll see if he meets his own standards, and beats Kovy in the process.
Rosberg! the only reason I bring up vettel is that was todays news!
Not acording to some of the clairvoyants on this forum. And the drivers are doing
McLaren a favor by colecting there pay checks :rotflmao:

gloomyDAY
3rd April 2008, 17:44
Rosberg! the only reason I bring up vettel is that was todays news!
Not acording to some of the clairvoyants on this forum. And the drivers are doing
McLaren a favor by colecting there pay checks :rotflmao: :p :

Oh geez. Instead of nurturing, I wrote nuturing in my last post. Sorry.

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 17:48
:p :

Oh geez. Instead of nurturing, I wrote nuturing in my last post. Sorry.Don't mention it! Maybe noone will notice :p :

gloomyDAY
3rd April 2008, 17:50
Don't mention it! Maybe noone will notice :p :
Just as long as I didn't write neutering. Hell, who knows what's going on in the McLaren garage?

Anyway, Vettel to Ferrari. That's my prediction and being a choice for McLaren just reinforces that belief.

Garry Walker
3rd April 2008, 17:54
Honesty and Ron go together like backstreet boys and Black Sabbath

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 17:55
Just as long as I didn't write neutering. Hell, who knows what's going on in the McLaren garage?

Anyway, Vettel to Ferrari. That's my prediction and being a choice for McLaren just reinforces that belief.It is starting to look that way.
And I may have to conceed that Fred is going to probably have to rule F1 with le blues!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYbEPZVVIA

wmcot
3rd April 2008, 18:53
Didn't we already have a link to an article where Ron admitted his first choice was Nico, second was Vettel, and third was Heikki? I know I read that somewhere...

yodasarmpit
3rd April 2008, 19:58
What an idiotic post, even if Vettel was Ron's first choice do you really want him shouting it out from the rafters.
That would really help team moral wouldn't it.

jens
3rd April 2008, 20:15
Vettel doesn't have anything to worry about yet and I don't think it can be said losing McLaren chance for this season was a loss. He has a perfect chance to prove his worth in STR without too much pressure yet. And it looks like he'll quite possibly move into a better team for next season.

Didn't we already have a link to an article where Ron admitted his first choice was Nico, second was Vettel, and third was Heikki?

I think it was Norbert Haug, who had such preferences...

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 21:05
What an idiotic post, even if Vettel was Ron's first choice do you really want him shouting it out from the rafters.
That would really help team moral wouldn't it.I don't give a darn about Vettel or his team! Are you saying there is a specific "post" on this thread that is idiot? Or that this thread itself is idiotic? That link came from a responsible source. Vettel didn't have to shout at all, he seemed to state quite calmly,
"When asked specifically if Red Bull stood in the way of his McLaren chance, Vettel answered: "Yeah".
He qualified that statement by saying, "I'm still happy!" (Being with his current team)
I'm the idiot that used this piece of journalism, to express my idiotic opinion
that you would have to be a bigger idiot than me, if you believe the $#!+
that Ron thinks you are enough of an idiot to buy into
Meaning that HK was a mess when he was rescued from le blues. Yet of every driver available none would
be worth considering for the seat. He said that! (I’m paraphrasing)
It appears this move has worked out very well for McLaren. Only a chronic liar or a sociopath would be compelled to lie over something that has no reason to be hidden!
You may not care, or care to know any of this information. I take every post I read "on advisement" meaning thank you for sharing that with me. When I have a chance I will decide if it has any relevance, or in anyway applies to my belief system or course of action.
Thank you for your input!

CNR
4th April 2008, 05:32
will we see him in a redbull next year

i thought he was still under contract to bmw as well

wmcot
4th April 2008, 07:29
I think it was Norbert Haug, who had such preferences...

OK. I was thinking that I was hearing voices in my head and they sounded like Ron!!! eek!!! ;)

ioan
4th April 2008, 11:39
Nothing new, it was in the papers before the season started.
McLaren wanted Rosberg, but he didn't want to go there.
Than the next one in line was Vettel, but TR didn't allow him to go there.
So they got Heiki, whom didn't have a race seat anymore.

Best of all is that Heiki embarrassed Ron stating that he didn't needed rebuilding, just a faster car! :D

SGWilko
4th April 2008, 11:45
Nothing new, it was in the papers before the season started.
McLaren wanted Rosberg, but he didn't want to go there.
Than the next one in line was Vettel, but TR didn't allow him to go there.
So they got Heiki, whom didn't have a race seat anymore.

Best of all is that Heiki embarrassed Ron stating that he didn't needed rebuilding, just a faster car! :D

Would you be happy stating you were a wreck because of your old team?

ArrowsFA1
4th April 2008, 11:50
...Than the next one in line was...
The F1 driver market simply does not work this way.

Best of all is that Heiki embarrassed Ron
Of course, another opportunity to bash Ron/McLaren. Have fun with it :p

ioan
4th April 2008, 12:03

As I see it Heiki stated the truth.
Or are you suggesting that it's better to humiliate your present boss than the former one?! Weird logics you have, no wonder you are a McL&C supporter! :p :

SGWilko
4th April 2008, 12:06
As I see it Heiki stated the truth.
Or are you suggesting that it's better to humiliate your present boss than the former one?! Weird logics you have, no wonder you are a McL&C supporter! :p :

Don't get personal again Ioan, no amount of smilies detract from your slurring my logics or who I chose to support.....

ioan
4th April 2008, 12:06
The F1 driver market simply does not work this way.

Of course, another opportunity to bash Ron/McLaren. Have fun with it :p

See for yourself:

I never had any doubts in myself. I don't think I've been broken or destroyed at any point. I had all the support at Renault...

More here:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66315

No one is trying to make fun of Ron, he's making a clown of himself making stupid comments that are than contradicted by his own driver! And some want him to succeed Max as president of the FIA! :rotflmao:

ioan
4th April 2008, 12:08
Don't get personal again Ioan, no amount of smilies detract from your slurring my logics or who I chose to support.....

We'll talk again after you regained your sense of humor. :\

SGWilko
4th April 2008, 12:14
We'll talk again after you regained your sense of humor. :\

Never lost it, just don't like double standards when it comes to personal slurs, that's all.

ArrowsFA1
4th April 2008, 12:39
No one is trying to make fun of Ron, he's making a clown of himself making stupid comments that are than contradicted by his own driver!
I suspect that RD's comments (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66085) were more directed at Briatore than anything else i.e. Briatore "systematically" took HK apart.

Remember Briatore's comments (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57447) after the 2007 Australian GP. At a time when a rookie could have done with the support of his team boss, Briatore publicly criticised his performance. Heikki did take sometime to build up his confidence with Renault, whereas I think RD is emphasising that he has had support from McLaren from the start.

Briatore also made a number of criticisms (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65628) of McLaren, and comments (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65387) about how Renault would do things better this year.

There's needle there - Dennis/Briatore/Renault/McLaren/Alonso/Kovalianen - which is all part of the circus.

As for Heikki "contradicting" Ron. Does he? Really?

Ron - "Heikki is a guy who was systematically taken apart last year..."
Heikki - "...an exaggeration"

Ron - "It is a story about how this guy lost his motivation and was misguided in how he should go about his physical preparation."
Heikki - "I feel I am stronger as a person now. I am fitter."

yodasarmpit
4th April 2008, 17:57
I don't give a darn about Vettel or his team! Are you saying there is a specific "post" on this thread that is idiot? Or that this thread itself is idiotic? That link came from a responsible source. Vettel didn't have to shout at all, he seemed to state quite calmly,
"When asked specifically if Red Bull stood in the way of his McLaren chance, Vettel answered: "Yeah".
He qualified that statement by saying, "I'm still happy!" (Being with his current team)
I'm the idiot that used this piece of journalism, to express my idiotic opinion
that you would have to be a bigger idiot than me, if you believe the $#!+
that Ron thinks you are enough of an idiot to buy into
Meaning that HK was a mess when he was rescued from le blues. Yet of every driver available none would
be worth considering for the seat. He said that! (I’m paraphrasing)
It appears this move has worked out very well for McLaren. Only a chronic liar or a sociopath would be compelled to lie over something that has no reason to be hidden!
You may not care, or care to know any of this information. I take every post I read "on advisement" meaning thank you for sharing that with me. When I have a chance I will decide if it has any relevance, or in anyway applies to my belief system or course of action.
Thank you for your input!
I was referring to this part of your post

Would you say Ron is more of a liar, or cheat?

It seemed a rather silly part to add, considering even if Vettel was first choice it would be unwise of Ron to publicly announce such opinion as it could effect moral in his own team.

Would you like your boss to tell you that he/she didn't really want you working for him/her but you were the only option left?

PSfan
4th April 2008, 19:49

Hey ioan, doesn't this post prove SGWilko has a sense of humor?

come on, Heikki won't be happy to tell the press he was a wreck before joining the macs, so he must be thrilled that Ron did it for him? funny stuff, funny stuff indeed....

Tazio
4th April 2008, 19:51
I was referring to this part of your post

It seemed a rather silly part to add, considering even if Vettel was first choice it would be unwise of Ron to publicly announce such opinion as it could effect moral in his own team.

Would you like your boss to tell you that he/she didn't really want you working for him/her but you were the only option left?
Thank you ! I understand!

Tazio
4th April 2008, 19:54
Hey ioan, doesn't this post prove SGWilko has a sense of humor?

come on, Heikki won't be happy to tell the press he was a wreck before joining the macs, so he must be thrilled that Ron did it for him? funny stuff, funny stuff indeed....Don't say that man! This $#it is serious :p :

Tazio
4th April 2008, 20:36
Would you be happy stating you were a wreck because of your old team?It would never happen because if I was on the team we would be half way decent, and I would be an allstar!

CNR
4th April 2008, 23:23
you could say the same about mark webber martin whitmarsh was trying to get mark to drive for them.