PDA

View Full Version : Duran Duran

leopard
3rd April 2008, 04:09
This band will play in Jakarta next week. How can they arrange a concert during weekday I don't think I can visit it, what a shame. Toto just performed their concert in a weekend of last month in my city.

I've been thinking to have another chance to watch this rare event. Wild boys, Come undone, Ordinary world, Perfect day are among their greatest hits, last but not least an africa influenced song Save a Prayer.

Do people listen to their music?

Magnus
3rd April 2008, 07:42
I have especially wild boys and the Bond-song on some of my playlists, they make people nostalgic, and nostalgia is a nice thing. Why look forward when you can look backwards :) Living in the present and preparing for the future is overrated :D

tannat
3rd April 2008, 12:45
I've been a DD fan for a very long time. Le Bon has great recording and live voice, and the arrangements of their songs are really, really nice (perhaps influenced by Nick Rhodes).

They've released an album recently but I've not heard anything from it

leopard
4th April 2008, 07:10
I have especially wild boys and the Bond-song on some of my playlists, they make people nostalgic, and nostalgia is a nice thing. Why look forward when you can look backwards :) Living in the present and preparing for the future is overrated :D

I think you referred to their song titled View to kill. They played techno music peculiarly made considering time the band was formed.

schmenke
4th April 2008, 15:01
Duran Duran...? :s

I'm looking forward to the Maiden concert in June :up: :D

Oh, and the Wiggles in a fortnight :mark:

Bezza
5th April 2008, 19:52
Duran Duran are immense and often under-rated, passed off as 80's pop.

But I love them. Best tracks for me are Planet Earth, Come Undone and Save a Prayer - which I have mastered at karaoke!

mallybally
6th April 2008, 04:32
I love Duran Duran. Still listen to them. They're one of the only 80s bands I can still stand!

racer69
6th April 2008, 08:08
Duran Duran fan here too