PDA

View Full Version : Crown Prince of Bahrain bars Max Mosley

Tazio
2nd April 2008, 23:59
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article3671084.ece
Max Mosley, the chief rule-maker in world motorsport, is not attending the Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend because he has been told by the Kingdom’s Crown Prince not to show up after revelations of his part in a sado-masochistic orgy with five prostitutes.

Mr Mosley, who is fighting to save his career, had told friends that he would not be going to the race because he is too busy with his lawyers trying to assemble a case for invasion of privacy against the News of the World which on Sunday ran a lurid exposé of his bizarre sexual activities.

But The Times can reveal that Sheikh Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, the Crown Prince of Bahrain, has written to Mr Mosley informing him in no uncertain terms that he would not be welcome in the desert kingdom, an embarrassingly clear sign that Mr Mosley’s reputation has been severely damaged.

Right freakin' therehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

and the walls come a tumblin' down
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH
Joshua fit' the batle of Jerico Jerico Jerico
Joshua fit' the batle of Jerico
and the walls come a tumblin' down
Come on! everyone sing!!

veeten
3rd April 2008, 00:37
word of advice... Disguises. Wear one and you'll get in, Max.
;) :p :

ShiftingGears
3rd April 2008, 00:56
Ouch!

Although, to be fair, it isn't exactly an enviable country!

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 00:58
100 years from now Historians will look back at the reconciliation of mid-easterners, and the west.
The cessation of major hostilities, and a general understanding that there is only one real definition
of truth, and righteousness
West will only change culturally in the sense that of the demands for autonomy, and
rejection of western ideals is not an issue when it comes to world peace
This act in this tiny country defines one small difference between them, and us.
We let our leaders tell us how bad, and dangerous those people are.
Those people have a very fundamental agreement of righteousness.
We don't have to believe it. But we ought to start respecting their desires to not be westernized
Theirs has many faults. Womens rights, and role of religon in leadership just to name two. Let us worry less of this.
Respect once again that they are different, and it's their bussiness(and oil)

Thank you Max. You will go down in infamy. Your name will be uttered when
the subject matter is: How not to represent Large segments (a constituency if you will) of good people with bad deeds

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 01:21
Ouch!

Although, to be fair, it isn't exactly an enviable country!
See ya just proved my point!
Which is:
IT'S THEIR COUNTRY IT'S NOT UP TO YOU OR ME
OR ANY OTHER PERSON THAT IS NOT A BAHRAINIAN
WITH THE POSSIBLE EXCEPTIONS OF INTERNATIONAL
WATCHDOGS WHOS ONLY AGENDA IS PEACE.AND
THE INALIENABLE RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION

And, that's why I don't do two shows a night any more
I don't babe, I won't do it ;)

trumperZ06
3rd April 2008, 01:23
;) It's STARTED !!!

:p : Ole Maxie will be unwelcome in many venues.

ShiftingGears
3rd April 2008, 01:31
See ya just proved my point!
Which is:
IT'S THEIR COUNTRY IT'S NOT UP TO YOU OR ME
OR ANY OTHER PERSON THAT IS NOT A BAHRAINIAN
WITH THE POSSIBLE EXCEPTIONS OF INTERNATIONAL
WATCHDOGS WHOS ONLY AGENDA IS PEACE.AND
THE INALIENABLE RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION

And, that's why I don't do two shows a night any more
I don't babe, I won't do it ;)

Woah...reading a little too much into my post, aren't we? ;)

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 01:48
Woah...reading a little too much into my post, aren't we? ;) No and I apologize for saying it in a way that seemed personal. That is why I said it will be 100 years because most werterners believe that they know that it is an "unenviable place" Why?
We are judging them by our hypocritical beliefs! When I say you I mean the kinda crap "we" get fed on the daily news BLa BLa and etc!
I once again apologise to you personally, because it did sound personal, but was meat universually

Valve Bounce
3rd April 2008, 02:24
I suppose it is luck that the Malaysia GP is over, because I doubt if he would have been welcome there. In fact, I just wonder how Germany regards this fellow as President of the FIA, as they are extremely sensitive to anything with Nazi overtones, and the dressing up of "players" as prison guards of extermination camps would be viewed with extreme distaste by the Government there.

Then there is Italy, which is very close to the head of the Catholic Church in The Vatican.

And of course there is Singapore, which has an extremely conservative Government which even bans Chewing Gum, and where people wander around looking rubbish bins to put cigarette butts - you throw a cigarette butt on the footpath and you land in jail there. I'm just writing this to show the extreme conservatism there of the rulers.

Then, of course, there is Turkey which is coming up soon.

It could be argued whether Max Moseley would be as welcome as Robert Mugabe in some of these countries that hold GP's.

markabilly
3rd April 2008, 02:33
I was of the firm opinion, that the stuff should have nothing to do with it, and he should be judged on how he does his job. I still am.

It should be obvious, and one thing I overlooked, is: What politican who wishes to maintain his "political future" will be wanting to be associated and shaking hands with Max, as well as the potential image slipping into reflecting on the FIA and F1.

The Kingdom’s Crown Prince would be foolish to risk political fallout, by being seen shaking hands with max or being assoicated with him, esp. given how the media may "slant" things to the Arab world and his own country.

And when Bernie goes around expecting all this support from governements and their cooperation, what government will want their image to be potentially associated with this stuff by the newspapers in their country? Russia? Hungary? Great Britain? Italy? China? Australia, and on...

(or see Valve's post above which I was unaware of when posting, but I do agree with, as to how politicans may tend to view things, somewhat differently, esp where there is concern about political fall-out, from newspapers putting a slant on things--don't mean it is right, but there it is)

Tazio
3rd April 2008, 04:37
The Kingdom’s Crown Prince would be foolish to risk political fallout, by being seen shaking hands with max or being assoicated with him, esp. given how the media may "slant" things to the Arab world and his own country.
[/I]Are you saying that the western media's "slant" will affect the peoples opinion of their Ruler negatively?
Or the Arabic media's slant on how the west is affecting the culture of the people of
"The great state of Bahrain?"
I'm trying to get this straight.(Hopefully without starting a battle).
If it's the former, there is no relevance. These people are Arabic Muslims (with oil money)
Whose belief system is reflected in their media!
If it's the latter The Bahrainian Arabic Muslims (with oil money) have a thoroug
and deep seated suspicion of western media.
For the most part would like us (The U.S., and The U.K.)
to keep our versions of Rothchildian economics where it has always held sway.
People that follow these things know that I’m referring to London, Washington, Rome, and Tel Aviv.
If you found this educational-my pleasure!
If you think I'm full of it. Drink hearty :beer: Kool :beer: Aide :beer: UHMMMAH!