PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean "concept LM"?

Slashplayer
1st April 2008, 14:34
In the phrase "350Z concept LM race car '02" what does "concept LM" mean? A concept car for Le Mans? Also, anyone know anything about this car besides that it is a prize car from Gran Turismo 4??

Thanks!

airshifter
1st April 2008, 22:18
Probably just a use of the terms they decided to use on the game. A lot of the LeMans cars are called LMP for LeMans Prototype. I guess they are always considered in a devolopment stage.

Slashplayer
2nd April 2008, 15:28
thanks for the reply....I'm getting the feeling this car was never actually used in a race...just wish I could confirm it...the 350Z ran in the JGTC in 2003 but not this particular car...may have been at SEMA Detroit autoshow....thanks again...

MrJan
2nd April 2008, 16:05
I think in the GT series LM is often used to denote a limited edition or something, they tend to throw at alsorts of cars and hope it makes sense.

ShiftingGears
3rd April 2008, 01:38
I think in the GT series LM is often used to denote a limited edition or something, they tend to throw at alsorts of cars and hope it makes sense.

My best guess is Le Mans, and if not that, then Limited Model.

On a side note I'm quite pleased that The GT series has managed to get Ferrari onto its games, finally. Fingerss crossed for cars like the 250GTO and the 333 :D

wedge
3rd April 2008, 13:17
Yes, LM refers to Le Mans.

IIRC, that particular 350z is a concept car so Nissan did think about running it in GT2.

Nissan released a homologated Skyline LM in the mid-90s because it was competing in Le Mans.