PDA

View Full Version : BBC extend deal until 2013

AndyRAC
1st April 2008, 12:47
Great news, the Beeb have extended their deal with Dorna until 2013. Wasn't expecting this once they signed the F1 deal. Hope they give equal treatment to the Moto GP coverage.

ChrisS
1st April 2008, 16:29
I don't expect to be any time conflict issues as F1 and MotoGP are not usually on the same weekend and almost never on at the same time

If Dorna doesn't renew with Eurosport, BBC should get Toby Moody, Julian Ryder and Randy Mamola as commentators

MrJan
1st April 2008, 19:33
There are definately some weekends when the two clash because I always end up choosing the bikes :D

Would have thought that if they do clash then the bikes will be on red button but being that most people will have Freeview by next year it shouldn't really be a problem. What might happen is that they pay a bit less attention, MotoGP has been the sporting feather in Auntie's cap for a few years now but not when F1 comes back :(

Good that they have at least copntinued coverage though, I like the team that do it and a lot of the features are done with knowledge and well produced :)