PDA

View Full Version : JTs reason for improvement

Tazio
31st March 2008, 13:47
Jarno Trulli has made it clear that he does not miss his former Toyota teammate Ralf Schumacher.

The Italian was partnered at the Japanese squad with Schumacher for three seasons until 2007.

His current teammate is German newcomer Timo Glock.

"I think I am listened to a little bit more now," Trulli, who is 33, is quoted as saying by the Cologne newspaper Express.

Trulli finished fourth at the recent Malaysian grand prix; a rare positive result following the difficult 2006 and 2007 seasons.

"The car is now the way I want it to be and we are exactly where I wanted us to be," Trulli explained.

"Behind BMW we are the fourth power," he claimed.

"I will not criticise Ralf Schumacher," Trulli continued to the Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell, "but he had his opinions about the kind of racing car he wanted."

The TF108, however, is less to Schumacher successor Glock's liking, as he comments that Trulli has a "really very unique" driving style.

http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=9716

Roamy
1st April 2008, 06:21
which probably means given a top car trulli would win races !! With all the technology you have the computer geeks telling the driver how to drive. so it is hard to brake out of the pack because everyone practices the same s hit.
get back to the driver. So you can see trulli's imput. right up the grid.

PSfan
1st April 2008, 07:07
So let me get this straight... When Trulli left Renault, he said that Alonso had a unique driving style, and they set up the car towards Alonso's

Jacques echoed Trulli's opinion saying it was a strange setup...

Now Glock Says Trulli has the strange setup? Maybe Toyota should invite JV over for a few tests, and maybe put him in that Toyota instead of Glock, and maybe they can push that Toyota ahead of BMW :p :

Tazio
1st April 2008, 08:25
I don't know but this is great news for pino!!!!!

pino
1st April 2008, 10:05
I don't know but this is great news for pino!!!!!

The Champagne is in the fridge, ready for Jarno's first win with Toyota :p :

ioan
1st April 2008, 10:51
The Champagne is in the fridge, ready for Jarno's first win with Toyota :p :

You might get a good price for that as vintage champagne in 20 years time! :p :

Knock-on
1st April 2008, 10:56
You might get a good price for that as vintage champagne in 20 years time! :p :

I don't think that Asti Spewmanti matures to a Vintage :)

Tazio
1st April 2008, 10:58
You might get a good price for that as vintage champagne in 20 years time! :p :The only thing that pi$$ed me off about that article was jarno's performance convinced me to replace Fred with glock in my pickems. The referance to it not suiting Glock has put that pick in doubt for me. And that makes me angry. that was my semi upset of the week!
Comeon anyway Timo!!!!!

ioan
1st April 2008, 11:05

It might not mature well, but it will still be a rare vintage if pino keeps it in the fridge until Jarno gets his first win with Toyota! ;)

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:09
It might not mature well, but it will still be a rare vintage if pino keeps it in the fridge until Jarno gets his first win with Toyota! ;) Don't be so sure :)

ioan
1st April 2008, 11:29
Don't be so sure :)

Put the Ferraris, the BMWs and McLarens to the end of the grid and they will still finish in front of the Toyotas , RBRs, Wiliams and Renaults, not to mention the rest of them.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:37
Put the Ferraris, the BMWs and McLarens to the end of the grid and they will still finish in front of the Toyotas , RBRs, Wiliams and Renaults, not to mention the rest of them.I believe that will be answered defiitively
only at the end of the season! Right pinohttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif
:rotflmao:

keysersoze
1st April 2008, 20:28
pino, when you celebrate it seems rather obvious that you should be drinking, not champagne, but, er, uh . . . a pinot (noir). :D

Tazio
1st April 2008, 21:09
pino, when you celebrate it seems rather obvious that you should be drinking, not champagne, but, er, uh . . . a pinot (noir). :D No Chianti Clarice!

wmcot
2nd April 2008, 05:28

So you're not a fan of vintage vinegars??? :)

Tazio
2nd April 2008, 05:45
"The test in Bahrain last month went well and the information we got from that should help us a bit this weekend, even if the temperature seems likely to be quite a bit hotter than when we were last there," he added. "The car has also improved quite a bit since that test but there is still work to do to adjust it to my driving style. Obviously my first target is to finish the race after my bad luck in the first two races but I think I can again reach Q3 and hopefully finish in the top eight for the first time with Toyota."
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/04/02/glock-still-gunning-for-first-finish/
The Signor Dr. picked Glock for eighth over Fredhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

jens
3rd April 2008, 20:05
What are you talking about here? A win for Jarno? :p : I would be very happy if he achieves one more podium position before the end of his career. Toyota looks quick, but I'm still not entirely sure about their reliability. This weekend's goal should be a double points finish and establishing themselves among the contenders for 4th pos in the WCC.

About that 'unique' driving style. Arguably Jarno drives very aggressively and is hard on tyres. While that seems to be a benefit in qualifying, then on some circuits (mainly Silverstone and Hungaroring) this has caused problems during races and have been a reason for fading.

But it looks like the new concept of the car and the TC-ban has benefitted Jarno. I think Glock has somewhere said that with his current style eats tyres more than Trulli's and that his car is especially nervous under braking. Timo has been quite unlucky so far this season and although his slight 'struggling' has made it into Top10 in both qualis so far. Watch out for TG - I think he will sooner or later impress!

Tazio
5th April 2008, 09:42
What are you talking about here? A win for Jarno? :p : Only 1: that it's a long season. 2: A pole at Monaco 3: he's fast in the rain.
It was only suggested that it could happen. Not that it will happen!

rickos
5th April 2008, 13:56
Pino has secretly replaced JT. :D

pino
5th April 2008, 16:39
Pino has secretly replaced JT. :D

I don't think I could be faster than him on a F1 car...I definitely would be in a Rallycar though ;)

jens
5th April 2008, 17:30
Huh. Actually I have a slight disappointment - probably had higher expectations after Q1 (2nd and 6th). Toyota is not quite as strong as in Malaysia - Q2 indicated that Toyota was a few tenths slower than Beemers and McLarens as they seemed a match in quali at Sepang. Glock´s performance was a disappointment.

But also P7 for Jarno on the grid isn`t bad. Points should be possible if nothing happens. I hope that this highly rated Toyota`s race pace will enable him somehow follow someone, who qualified into Top6 and fight for a Top6 placing in the race.

Tazio
5th April 2008, 17:54
Huh. Actually I have a slight disappointment - probably had higher expectations after Q1 (2nd and 6th). Toyota is not quite as strong as in Malaysia - Q2 indicated that Toyota was a few tenths slower than Beemers and McLarens as they seemed a match in quali at Sepang. Glock´s performance was a disappointment.

But also P7 for Jarno on the grid isn`t bad. Points should be possible if nothing happens. I hope that this highly rated Toyota`s race pace will enable him somehow follow someone, who qualified into Top6 and fight for a Top6 placing in the race.
I was hoping he would drag Glock up to p8!

ioan
5th April 2008, 19:39
I hope that this highly rated Toyota`s race pace will enable him somehow follow someone, who qualified into Top6 and fight for a Top6 placing in the race.

Beating one of the Ferrari, McLaren or BMWs in normal circumstances is difficult to imagine.

gloomyDAY
5th April 2008, 19:42
I think Trulli has been eating a big bowl of pasta before every race!
The team is gelling really well around Jarno, so the best is yet to come.

Seriously, I just hope Toyota takes another leap next year and Trulli can pounce on a podium sometime this season.

jens
5th April 2008, 23:03
Beating one of the Ferrari, McLaren or BMWs in normal circumstances is difficult to imagine.

Sure it is, but in order to succeed high goals are needed. ;)

jso1985
7th April 2008, 01:43
Sure it is, but in order to succeed high goals are needed. ;)

But taking count he's currently the "fastest of the rest"(BMW might not be on Ferrari/Macca's level but they are certainly not part of "the rest" anymore), and that's quite a high goal to achieve with that car ;) and he's doing it!

jens
7th April 2008, 19:54
Here is a satisfied fan.

Another good drive by Jarno ending with strong P6. The start was very good and he actually gained positions (passed Heidfeld), also Glock rised to P10. Haven't seen such good start from Toyotas for quite a while, which once again shows that TF108 is an improvement from TF107 in every area. In the second stint he was actually catching Kovalainen's McLaren and although it was a result of HK having heavier fuel load, then I think that interrupting someone among Top3 teams is not totally out of question. Glock was running well, but after being right behind Rosberg and eyeing possible points, he started fading. Timo has also said that his current driving style eats tyres too much, so maybe that was why he faded towards the end a bit?

8 points for Trulli - it has taken him only 3 races to score as many points as he achieved a year ago during the full season. :p : Toyota is definetely in the fight for P4 in the Constructors' championship among Williams, Renault and also Red Bull (probably Honda won't be in that fight this season yet). Three weeks to go before the next race and major upgrades from almost every team.

Tazio
7th April 2008, 19:58
Here is a satisfied fan.

Another good drive by Jarno ending with strong P6. The start was very good and he actually gained positions (passed Heidfeld), also Glock rised to P10. Haven't seen such good start from Toyotas for quite a while, which once again shows that TF108 is an improvement from TF107 in every area. In the second stint he was actually catching Kovalainen's McLaren and although it was a result of HK having heavier fuel load, then I think that interrupting someone among Top3 teams is not totally out of question. Glock was running well, but after being right behind Rosberg and eyeing possible points, he started fading. Timo has also said that his current driving style eats tyres too much, so maybe that was why he faded towards the end a bit?

8 points for Trulli - it has taken him only 3 races to score as many points as he achieved a year ago during the full season. :p : Toyota is definetely in the fight for P4 in the Constructors' championship among Williams, Renault and also Red Bull (probably Honda won't be in that fight this season yet). Three weeks to go before the next race and major upgrades from almost every team.
And it also apears that JT is extracting the max out of the car.
That has always been (one of) the knocks on him.
Keep it up Lad!!